What happened to The Dolly Rockers?

Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
Forum Member
Are they still signed with Redone?

Comments

• Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get these guys? They had a semi-popular song a few years ago then didn't do anything after that but 'are still a band' yet dont perform live or bring out an album? It's been yearss?? Are they are just "in-development for years" and are going to come out with a massive album? Because the years are flying by, new girl bands are on the scene and they just look old and hasbeenish. One of the girls did a video on YT in her closet and she had so many expensive clothes and i'm like how do you even afford that if the band is your full time job yet you don't bring anything new out? I just dont get this band or where they're going. I don't even think they'd be that successful if they did try because they just can't sing as well as some of the new girl bands. Like it doesn't take that long to record a throwaway pop album so whats taking them so long?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I've been on their mailing list for, I don't know, one and a half years. (Basically a large part of the time they've been inactive.) Every now and then (at some point it was once a week, now it's been like two months since the last one) they send a mail about some new video they have made for their blog. They had a web page for a long time which didn't get updated at all, but now it has turned into a blog format.

After Brooke was kicked out a few years ago (apparently for a racial slur) they have been promising new material and an album all the time, but nothing has happened. I really don't understand why they didn't capitalize from the initial attention they got after their first few singles in 2009. I also have no idea what they are doing nowadays to earn their money. All they do is put up videos on their blog of clothing they own own and sometimes a cover version of a song, but why isn't anything happening music wise? They have been talking about this RedOne collaboration for a long time without anything to show for it. At the beginning of 2012 the said an album was going to be out in the summer of 2012, but then that promise died out. I'm curious to see what they come up with, or if they decide just to call it quits.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really excited about them back in 2009. I'm really disappointed how absolutely nothing has materialised since then. They had SO much potential, a quirky look and sound, and some great pop tunes. The last original song I've heard from them about a year or so ago was Get You Alone which was way below par after some of their 2009 stuff like Boys Will Be Boys and How Did I End Up with U. Again, it was 2009 when RedOne was new and exciting. Now, not so much. I'm not living in hope for any new music
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    They're youtube famous now, I guess.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1TCMUvA_zU
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    The group was so much better with Brooke.