The Hobbit....so Excited

Comments

• Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy to be back in Middle Earth! :) Thought the movie was great though not as epic as LoTR with the Golem scene being outstanding. However something was just missing, like the film didn't have a heart maybe it's because the LoTR books are a little deeper and The Hobbit is mainly a children's book.:confused:
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It definitely seemed lighter to me, but it *is* based upon a book for children, rather than something as dark and deep as LOTR.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    It definitely seemed lighter to me, but it *is* based upon a book for children, rather than something as dark and deep as LOTR.

We must enjoy the cartoon-style antics (in which nobody gets seriously hurt) while it lasts, because there won't be a happy ending for everybody .... :(
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it last night in 2D with my mum and we both really enjoyed it. IMO it felt quite slow at the beginning but definitely picked up once Bilbo joined them on their quest.

The 'Riddles In The Dark' part was brilliant and I also loved the part where the dwarves were spit-roasted by the trolls.

:D
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see it get nominated in the BAFTA's in a few categories
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big fan of LOTR and i loved it (went in sceptical)

Didn't think i would like the group of Dwarfes but i really warmed to them, also LOVED the Wizard that was obsessed with Animals and used Rabbits for horse power, hope he's in the second one.

Was good to see some old faces but (even though they are nothing to do with The Hobbit) i REALLY want to see Merry and Pippin again, they could have fit them in the opening scene where Frodo cameos.

I look forward to the next one.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    I also loved the part where the dwarves were spit-roasted by the trolls.
    I hadn't realised it was that sort of film.
  • excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I hadn't realised it was that sort of film.

If you know what I mean :D
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much longer do you think this film will be showing in the cinemas?

I still haven't got to see it yet. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    nethwen wrote: »
    How much longer do you think this film will be showing in the cinemas?

I still haven't got to see it yet. :o

I'd imagine it will be showing until mid-February at the very least. I suppose it depends how well it holds at the box office, but with it being number 1 again in the UK this week it'll probably be a while yet before it disappears (screenings will probably start getting more sparse now though what with other big-ish releases coming out).
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I'd imagine it will be showing until mid-February at the very least. I suppose it depends how well it holds at the box office, but with it being number 1 again in the UK this week it'll probably be a while yet before it disappears (screenings will probably start getting more sparse now though what with other big-ish releases coming out).

i know my local cinema's last 3 HFR showings are today,to make way for Les Mis,and they are down to 6 screenings next Thursday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Gandalf in the next film ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    MrTaylor wrote: »
    Is Gandalf in the next film ?
    Yes.

In the book he disappears close to the point at which the film finishes. More pressing business to deal with.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did like it, but it has got a long of problems. The length is the main issue I have with it, it's just self indulgent to make it into 3 films. It hurts the film quite a bit IMO.
    Forum Member
    First Blu-ray editions confirmed for France.

http://s1.postimage.org/4qli78x3z/hobbit.jpg

A mid-April release. The bonus footage will include the ten Vlogs.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the blurays be in 48fps?

Edit: Apparently it's not possible? Is there anyone else here that might know more?
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Will the blurays be in 48fps?

Edit: Apparently it's not possible? Is there anyone else here that might know more?

It IS possible, it's just blu-rays can't handle 48fps natively. They just have to convert it to either 50 or 60fps, and encode it as either 1080i or 720p.
    Forum Member
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,734
    Forum Member
    Finally managed to see it this afternoon. I don't know about anyone else, but I found Gollum a lot scarier in this than he was in LOTR.
  • MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to see this in 3D, as read all the books (a good few times), and seen the LOTR films. I'm a fan of all Tokein's works.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I saw it at the weekend and enjoyed it alot.
    I'm looking forward to owning it on Blu Ray, but am wondering if a release day purchase is a good idea or is there going to be an extended edition?
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to owning it on Blu Ray, but am wondering if a release day purchase is a good idea or is there going to be an extended edition?

An extended edition with 25 or so minutes of extra footage was confirmed by Peter Jackson recently. It's expected to be released in Autumn.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member

LOL, the song at the end is class :D:D:D
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »

I will be getting the extended one no matter what ... Remains to be seen if ill not be able to hold back the temptation to get the regular edition in the mean time.

Ive been on the lookout for this.

A little bit disappointed as its only a rehash of how LOTR should have ended. Thought they could think of something else for The Hobbit.