Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a series of photos up at FB now showing a Louisa scene being filmed in late March. Very interesting scene, with an explanation of what we're seeing with one of the photos.

Shop Girl, isn't that the Rix house in these photos? Or just similar?
    We see an actor and stuntman dressed the same, and a mattress-like thing set up at the edge of the house's balcony. Louisa argues with the man and accidently pushes him. He falls to the ground. She stands there in shock.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=488660921216448&set=gm.10151788203341660&type=1&theater

Keep clicking next to see the whole scene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbesotted, maybe this will help.
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    I never found Caroline -

DMbesotted, try this link. I hope it will take you directly to the one photo of Caroline. If not, note it's well into that long string of photos, toward the end of the bunch, I think, after photos of tourists and the beach and a zillion photos of the party filming set-up.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=604776092888571&set=oa.10151786663411660&type=1&permPage=1

And note that there are a LOT of new photos posted today, including quite a few of the scene in which...
    Louisa's arm is in a sling and her face is bruised. We see her with JH and Doc with JH and some without JH, etc, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=488674751215065&set=gm.10151788301621660&type=1&theater

And quite a few additional photos scattered here and there. Fun stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    I am so mad!:mad::mad::mad:This so rude. Here we go again with those awful ads blocking part of our posts. It seems to clear up for a day or two, and then they are up to their old tricks.. The Universal Orlando and Transformers Resort people blocking on page 198 over post #4926. Do these people pay an advertising fee to Digital Spy for invading us like this!:mad::mad::mad: Who gets these ads on here in the first place. I am typing this with a cast over my right hand, by the way.:mad::mad::mad:

They were looking into this last week. I've noticed they've been especially bad today. Can you notify DS support of your info? forum@digitalspy.co.uk
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »

DMbesotted, try this link. I hope it will take you directly to the one photo of Caroline. If not, note it's well into that long string of photos, toward the end of the bunch, I think, after photos of tourists and the beach and a zillion photos of the party filming set-up.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=604776092888571&set=oa.10151786663411660&type=1&permPage=1

And note that there are a LOT of new photos posted today, including quite a few of the scene in which...
    Louisa's arm is in a sling and her face is bruised. We see her with JH and Doc with JH and some without JH, etc, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=488674751215065&set=gm.10151788301621660&type=1&theater

My sense is that even with all these pictures, entertaining as they are, we still don't have any real idea of what is going on (with one notable exception). It looks to be a very diverse set of events; hopefully not focusing so much on the Martin-Louisa relationship --it gives me hope that they can come up with enough varied and interesting story lines to definitely nail down a Series 7.,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Egad! Major spoilers on Facebook! Avert your eyes at all cost! Your choice...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member

I finally found one of Caroline on one of the FB sites. This is really getting confusing trying to juggle multiple FB
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another photo of Caroline. Hit the next button and you'll see her on the ground. Morwenna and Mrs. T. are leaning over her. Where's the Doc?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200223289647234&set=gm.10151788389911660&type=1&theater
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Good article, cc.
    I noticed the words "repeat fee". I am guessing that means that every time the episode is shown again, each actor gets a bit of change in his/her pocket. For Doc Martin, shown in so many countries and repeated as it is on PBS stations, that seems like it could add up to a chunk of change!

But maybe I got it wrong. Adelie or someone in the biz, can you shed some professional light on the subject? By the way, how are you dear Adelie? Busy as ever?

Starting with yesterday I'm working 20 out of the next 21 days, then two days off then another 14 straight. Only god knows after that, the schedule isn't posted. I sleep, eat, work and occasionally poke in here to see what's up when I have a moment. The one good thing about it is that the catering has been lovely-excellent food. I occasionally clean the cat box. My cats are very unhappy. I wake up with cat toys in the bed. Trixie is trying to tell me that she wants me to play with them by dragging all the toys from around the house and putting them on the bed while I sleep. Some morning my bed jingles from all the bells. One morning I woke up with a bizzy ball stuck to my cheek.

You are correct...it's called by a variety of names-back end compensation, 'points', etc. The actor get a small percentage of the profit (either gross profit or net profit depending on the contract) that the production company makes off of all VOD, DVD/Download sales, broadcast fees, merchandise sales, etc. in lieu of a larger initial fee.

A case in point in how much money can be made...Remember Star Wars? Remember how rich it made all the actors in it, except one?

Mark Hamill did not want points, he wanted a larger fee upfront. He lost out on millions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    Egad! Major spoilers on Facebook! Avert your eyes at all cost! Your choice...

It's true and I love it! :) But if you don't want spoilers, stay away from FB, especially today.
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting with yesterday I'm working 20 out of the next 21 days, then two days off then another 14 straight. Only god knows after that, the schedule isn't posted. I sleep, eat, work and occasionally poke in here to see what's up when I have a moment. The one good thing about it is that the catering has been lovely-excellent food. I occasionally clean the cat box. My cats are very unhappy. I wake up with cat toys in the bed. Trixie is trying to tell me that she wants me to play with them by dragging all the toys from around the house and putting them on the bed while I sleep. Some morning my bed jingles from all the bells. One morning I woke up with a bizzy ball stuck to my cheek.

You are correct...it's called by a variety of names-back end compensation, 'points', etc. The actor get a small percentage of the profit (either gross profit or net profit depending on the contract) that the production company makes off of all VOD, DVD/Download sales, broadcast fees, merchandise sales, etc. in lieu of a larger initial fee.

A case in point in how much money can be made...Remember Star Wars? Remember how rich it made all the actors in it, except one?

Mark Hamill did not want points, he wanted a larger fee upfront. He lost out on millions.

OMG! That is an absolutely crazy schedule!! Take good care of yourself when you get the chance. I'd offer to come over and play with your cats, but just too far away!!! Give them a cuddle for me. Right now, shipped my own to my son while I have a person recuperating from knee replacement surgery in the house. Didn't want anyone tangling under feet.

So, I knew you'd know about the comp. Sounds like it depends then on what each actor has in their contract. Hope they all made the best decision when they signed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    WOW. I ALOT of spoilers about. My take on them below...
    First of all, I saw the filming list for the first week of filming, it helps a little with the whole wedding and woods thing. I recommend you take a look.
    Secondly, Louisa in the sling looks like she walks out to Martin playing with James Henry and then they talk, and she takes the baby away with her good arm.
    Thirdly, Louisa pushing the bloke off the building??? What is THAT about? I'm a little worried about what will happen to her, will he press charges etc? What were they arguing about that sparked her to push him?
    Fourthly, Mrs Tishell without her collar at the How-Down and looking like shes helping Caroline with Morwenna. Perhaps her saving grace of her name?
    Lastly, I like that Mrs Tishell is around this series, she seems to be about the pharmacy a lot and there were pictures of the Doc not looking pleased to see her again at the pharmacy.

Okay so the top three things on my "what the hell is going on, I need to know" list is... How Louisa got hurt, Why she pushed the guy, and the repercussions for Louisa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched Series 3 Ep 5, The Holly Bears A Prickle, and I noticed Mick sitting on that low wall facing the ocean at Bert's restaurant. It makes me nervous. I'm always afraid someone is going to fall! :eek:
    The docmartinonline store ought to sell Louisa's perfume, Kenso Flower. :p
    Louisa's bed is kinda squeaky. ;):o:)

Here's a link to a website for Kenso Flower. Would you be surprised to find out it has a musky odor? Read some of the customer comments at the bottom: they're really funny!
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Kenzo/Flower-by-Kenzo-72.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another photo of Caroline. Hit the next button and you'll see her on the ground. Morwenna and Mrs. T. are leaning over her. Where's the Doc?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200223289647234&set=gm.10151788389911660&type=1&theater
    Caroline has put on a little weight & not looking quite as dapper as last time she was one the show. But in the same photo Mrs T doesn't have her collar on!! So could it just be a windswept photo after filming? Or is there a reason Caroline is windswept?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Caroline has put on a little weight & not looking quite as dapper as last time she was one the show. But in the same photo Mrs T doesn't have her collar on!! So could it just be a windswept photo after filming? Or is there a reason Caroline is windswept?.

If you read the comments, folks don't think it is CC. Had me fooled though, as I looked at Garry Owens' photos on FB.:confused:
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lady eating the sandwich is not CC. A standin.....perhaps. CC has looked absolutely gorgeous in all these spoiler pictures. That is not her. I agree with everyone else though. They have left us with no clue as to what is going on. Who knows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you read the comments, folks don't think it is CC. Had me fooled though, as I looked at Garry Owens' photos on FB.:confused:
    We're talking about different photos, the ones showing the return of Caroline Bosman at the party on the beach. It's her all right. Additional photos were posted a short while ago.

Are you talking about the woman who some thought might be Caroline Catz on the beach? If so, right, it's not her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs T is wearing the collar in some photos and not in others, so I figure some were between filming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    The lady eating the sandwich is not CC. A standin.....perhaps. CC has looked absolutely gorgeous in all these spoiler pictures. That is not her. I agree with everyone else though. They have left us with no clue as to what is going on. Who knows?
    cc.cookie is talking about the Caroline Bosman character, not the mystery woman who some folks thought was CC. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW. I ALOT of spoilers about. My take on them below...
    First of all, I saw the filming list for the first week of filming, it helps a little with the whole wedding and woods thing. I recommend you take a look.
    Secondly, Louisa in the sling looks like she walks out to Martin playing with James Henry and then they talk, and she takes the baby away with her good arm.
    Thirdly, Louisa pushing the bloke off the building??? What is THAT about? I'm a little worried about what will happen to her, will he press charges etc? What were they arguing about that sparked her to push him?
    Fourthly, Mrs Tishell without her collar at the How-Down and looking like shes helping Caroline with Morwenna. Perhaps her saving grace of her name?
    Lastly, I like that Mrs Tishell is around this series, she seems to be about the pharmacy a lot and there were pictures of the Doc not looking pleased to see her again at the pharmacy.

Okay so the top three things on my "what the hell is going on, I need to know" list is... How Louisa got hurt, Why she pushed the guy, and the repercussions for Louisa.
    Are you talking about that filming calendar with the daily info written in? I hadn't really studied it until you mentioned that it helps understand the wedding and woods thing, so I enlarged it just now. I'm afraid I'm still just as confused. In fact, now we've got another tidbit tossed into the mix, a caravan! Somehow I can't see the Doc and Louisa spending their honeymoon in a caravan in the woods (although it sounds romantic to me). Unless, hm, they got lost, found an abandoned caravan, or a hermit living in a caravan in the woods, or...I have to stop this. I'm driving myself crazy.

Yes, I wonder about the pushing off the roof thing too. The photographer did say LG "accidentally" pushed him, I think, which seems odd. There's also the question of what she was doing at this man's house (I guess it's his house) and why they were out on the roof (or balcony or whatever it is) anyway.

My top three "what the hell is going on" problems are how they got lost in the woods (still can't figure out how they got into the woods in the first place) :confused:, what in the heck is Mummy Dearest doing there for SO long and WHY are they trusting her with JH :eek:, and now how Louisa got hurt (and how the Doc reacts), and what on earth happens on that roof to cause LG to push the fellow off. Oh, sorry, that's four :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    Here's a link to a website for Kenso Flower. Would you be surprised to find out it has a musky odor? Read some of the customer comments at the bottom: they're really funny!
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Kenzo/Flower-by-Kenzo-72.html

The comments about the perfume ARE funny! But I looked for a physician who might have described it as "urine-like, if you prefer" and didn't see that! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, now there are even more photos, and a little video.

Hey, Renee, the Doc has his potato!;)
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The comments about the perfume ARE funny! But I looked for a physician who might have described it as "urine-like, if you prefer" and didn't see that! :D
    I read the comments too. I don't think I'll be trying it too soon. Any scent with all this controversy would not be for me...like Giorgio or Estée Lauder pee yuu.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're talking about different photos, the ones showing the return of Caroline Bosman at the party on the beach. It's her all right. Additional photos were posted a short while ago.

Are you talking about the woman who some thought might be Caroline Catz on the beach? If so, right, it's not her.

Yes, Biffpup, I was talking about the one the CC (not?) photos. Sorry, for the mix-up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, now there are even more photos, and a little video.

Hey, Renee, the Doc has his potato!;)

Haha! I can't quite remember, did I think he looked like he was holding a potato in one of his photos? (I can't see these pics on FB, because I don't have FB. But that's okay because I really don't want to know anymore about series 6 than I already know. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »

Sorry for the confusion I wasn't talking about Caroline Catz but Caroline the radio announcer in the DM show. Pictured talking to Mrs T.
This discussion has been closed.