Matthew wright - career suicide

Comments

• GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I think he has made a big mistake going on this. I really had a lot of respect for him before this - viewed him as articulate, intelligent etc. He now comes across as a real wimp - a sort of Mr Bean character.

I really don't know why he has gone on this. Same with when Nigel Havers and Natalie Appleton went on.

What career is he actually sacrificing? He's only a presenter.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Matthew Wright is this years Helen Flanaghan.

Voting should be stopped now because he's gonna get mullered for the next couple of weeks.

Then why oh why do they admit to their weaknesses within 30 seconds of the show? Do they not watch the show and learn from it?? Hide your weaknesses because 100% will he get voted to do every single trial from this moment on.

The idiots never ever learn.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    What career is he actually sacrificing? He's only a presenter.

But there's a talent involved in presenting the kind of show he does - as is evident by his replacements in his absence. He's excellent at what he does and he does front the best 'talk' show on TV.
  • Almira GAlmira G Posts: 18,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Northerly wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o

OMG I have just realised that he is NOT Jeremy Kyle

I have, up till now, been thinking he was jeremey kyle. i cant believe what a tit I am

he is that geezer from the wright stuff:eek::eek::eek:

:D:D:D
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The game has just started, the cry baby tears are just where he is realising what the heck he has got himself into. As a fan of this big mouth who thinks he knows it all, I'm waiting to see how he does 2-3 days in.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Matthew, and I like his programme; there's no way I think he is committing career suicide by going in the jungle - in fact I think his producers will love to see him have a meltdown 'cos it will give them plenty to rib him about when he gets back. People may laugh, but I think they will laugh "with him" as opposed to "at him".

Personally I admire anyone brave enough to do this show. I could cope with the snakes but spiders and the bush tucker eating trials - never never never!!
  • STUPID CUPIDSTUPID CUPID Posts: 2,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rated_2000 wrote: »
    i cant help but think he is faking it too some extent, (god knows why he would) hes too wise to it all, its very strange! hes not the most butch of men but I never dreamed he was gonna be like this

The cynic in me thought he was faking it a bit so that we can see him go on a "journey" in quest of his manliness.
    I fully expect to see him do well in the tasks but with lots of tears.
  • squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew is a big fan of the show and he knows exactly what he's getting into and what he's doing. I really admire him for what he's doing and it's the only reason I'm watching the show which I gave up on 5 years since when it became the same predictable ITV plug our own stars. Matthew won't win as ITV have there favourite in Joey but I'm pleased Matthew's in there and look forward to hearing about it from him when he comes out.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,698
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    You mistook Matthew Wright for Jeremy Kyle? :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Matthew will be utterly mortified.
  • lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew is a big fan of the show and he knows exactly what he's getting into and what he's doing. I really admire him for what he's doing and it's the only reason I'm watching the show which I gave up on 5 years since when it became the same predictable ITV plug our own stars. Matthew won't win as ITV have there favourite in Joey but I'm pleased Matthew's in there and look forward to hearing about it from him when he comes out.

I fully agree with you about Matthew. I hope the producers will see sense and realise there are more interesting people in there than Joey and stop plugging him, but sadly they won't.
    Stunty wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: Matthew will be utterly mortified.
    Soooo true:D:D:D
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he gay by the way? I haven't seen much of his TV work before (I can't get Ch.5 in Ireland) but I've been surprised at how camp he is.
  • LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving Wright going OTT on his campness, I think he could win it
  • LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Is he gay by the way? I haven't seen much of his TV work before (I can't get Ch.5 in Ireland) but I've been surprised at how camp he is.

No he's not
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

Well he has a wife.
  • squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No he's married, his wife is beautiful. His wife and colleagues say he's exactly the same in everyday life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he has a wife.

I've just Googled him and there is certainly debate on this issue : he even said "Everyone thinks I'm gay" in one interview.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he's married, his wife is beautiful. His wife and colleagues say he's exactly the same in everyday life.

From the brief clips I've seen of him before, I had him down as a bit of a 'jack the lad', but he seems quite camp on IAC.
    Forum Member
    From the brief clips I've seen of him before, I had him down as a bit of a 'jack the lad', but he seems quite camp on IAC.

He's had a character transplant from what I've seen of him from his show:eek:
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he and his wife are trying for an IVF baby they have tried a few times but no joy yet :(
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was great in the trial. He has a 2nd chance to beat him now though.
    Forum Member
    Camino wrote: »
    he and his wife are trying for an IVF baby they have tried a few times but no joy yet :(

OMG he hates children, he is always moaning about them:eek: I am truly shocked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG he hates children, he is always moaning about them:eek: I am truly shocked.

really? i didnt know he hated kids, she had cancer of the womb i think
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    Camino wrote: »
    I don't think so. He and his first wife went through IVF, unsuccessfully. I really don't think he wants to have children.
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    I don't think so. He and his first wife went through IVF, unsuccessfully. I really don't think he wants to have children.

Thanks I thought I was going mad.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks I thought I was going mad.:o

he really is having IVF treatment with his wife!!

i cant post a link just look it up