Susannah Reid going to ITV

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Leaving BBC to go to own show on ITV. Million pound contract.

I liked her on BBC breakfast but I thought a lot of it was down to her co presenters Bill and Charlie. They are talking about her working with Ben shepherd or Dermot O'leary ... Not sure either will work.

Comments

• grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not another thread about her possible move to ITV................

Getting boring!
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »

Getting boring!

Living up to your username I see. ;-)
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »

Getting boring!

Sorry ... Haven't heard about it until news this morning. Anyway it's no longer "possible" it's definite.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Sorry ... Haven't heard about it until news this morning. Anyway it's no longer "possible" it's definite.;-)

I am really surprised that she is opting to leave the Beeb.

Her profile was upped a lot by SCD so probably got an offer it would be mad to refuse.

Hope she's ready to be 'dummed down'. :(
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really surprised that she is opting to leave the Beeb.

Her profile was upped a lot by SCD so probably got an offer it would be mad to refuse.

Possibly she's partly doing it so that she doesn't have to commute to Manchester and has more time with her family - if so good luck to her. Don't think she'll leave a huge gap at the Beeb, never really understood her appeal on SCD - too much gurning for me.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My irony meter went into overdrive at this... ;)
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand her moving due to family but it's the kiss of death to her career as a serious newsreader IMO. No one watched ITV news programmes for actual news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Possibly she's partly doing it so that she doesn't have to commute to Manchester and has more time with her family - if so good luck to her. Don't think she'll leave a huge gap at the Beeb, never really understood her appeal on SCD - too much gurning for me.

That is a good point SS.

I'm pretty certain that others before her have had time to regret jumping ship though.;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't blame her for wanting more money. At least she didn't draw it out too long like Bleakley did. It will be interesting to see if the move works out.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where is this confirmed?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true, I think she could regret making this decision. She better hope that she gives the viewing figures a boost because if she doesn't, it's bye bye Susanna.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet another costly and disastrous move by ITV to rescue their forever flagging Breakfast Show.

If I were in charge I'd ditch the sofa set-up and go more for rolling news like Sky News. Rather than hang onto this tired, utterly played out, boring thing where we have two presenters sat on a sofa. Zzzzzzzz.

Susannah Reid is on the way to being humiliated just like Christine Bleakley and Adrian Chiles were - by getting -

THE SACK.

Bleakley's 'career' has crumbled in my view. She is not the big star she thought she was. And Chiles has gone running back to the BBC, hosting DriveTime on Radio Five Live.

I seriously cannot see what ITV see in Reid. She is utterly without any personality. She's drab and boring and the only 'entertaining' thing she did while on BBC Breakfast was to flash her knickers not one but twice. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I however find that sort of thing utterly stupid.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but they were stripey ones ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Yeah, but they were stripey ones ;)

Yeah and she said she'd do it again.:o
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i like susanna reid. and wish her the best of luck.

the only thing i would say was it was the BBC that gave her the Strictly position and raised her profile. they must regret that now.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    i like susanna reid. and wish her the best of luck.

the only thing i would say was it was the BBC that gave her the Strictly position and raised her profile. they must regret that now.

Or were trying to get rid of her!;-)
  • Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could be history repeating itself. There's no guarantee Susannah Reid will be a success on ITV. Adrian Chiles has returned to the BBC. He's co-hosting the afternoon show on Radio 5 Live, well, I did hear him on it a few weeks ago, so Miss Reid can return if she flops on ITV!
    Forum Member
    Yeah and she said she'd do it again.:o

There are threads on forums devoted to when she does...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    There are threads on forums devoted to when she does...

Which just about sums up what she represents.
    Forum Member
    I think she is milf material. But that's just me.

Can't stand kelly brook but everyone loves her but there you go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I think she is milf material. But that's enough for me..."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet another costly and disastrous move by ITV to rescue their forever flagging Breakfast Show.

The people who flock to ITV at the mere hint of a few more quid must be very shorted sighted. From what I can see, Susannah's career would be far more secure if she stayed at the BBC. Just like Christine Bleakley before her would probably have retained her higher profile if she'd not run off to Daybreak. In my mind, these people must be rather shallow and not have any loyalty to their employers. Hopefully if Susannah flops like Christine did, people will start to learn something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people who flock to ITV at the mere hint of a few more quid must be very shorted sighted. From what I can see, Susannah's career would be far more secure if she stayed at the BBC.
    ITV is accused of being lowest-common-denominator. I believe the BBC can offer both the public and presenters more stimulating programs, and more of them. BBC is spread over a lot more channels that do original programming. But I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to avoid commuting and being away from her family for 3 days a week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to avoid commuting and being away from her family for 3 days a week.

Well, I will take her side on not wanting to commute. I don't blame anyone who actively avoids it. It's not something I could do (I'm very grateful that I currently don't have to).

Other than that, I still can't understand why any self respecting journalist would want to work at ITV no matter how much money they're offered. The network is the definition of trashy.
  • groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion she is the most over rated, smug and repellant woman on British TV.
    I seem to remember her saying just 2 months ago that she would never leave the BBC and if you cut her open she would bleed BBC

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a538490/susanna-reid-denies-quit-rumours-if-you-cut-me-open-id-bleed-bbc.html

It would appear she has developed the "Bleakley Syndrome" and obviously believes herself to be something more than a "ten a penny" auto-cue reader.