The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to recall this was the period of The Bill that I found boring and was missing lots of episodes, I remember watching the conclusion to the Don Beech saga and then totally stopped watching after they brought in all the new CID. It was then once I heard about The Bill revamp and plans to blow up the station (the first time) I started tuning in again.
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved today's episode (Search Me) - a Bill classic for me.
  • Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 1990 (16) DVDs arrived from Australia today with money to pay on delivery. The cost of this transaction ended up as:

£55 (DVDs) + £32 (insurance and postage - insurance not optional) + £8.66 (UK VAT) + £8 (Royal Mail international handling charge) making a Grand Total of £103.50.

Be warned!

My only consolation so far is that they are multi-region as advertised. I was concerned on opening the package because the sales note says they are Region 3.
  • Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    My 1990 (16) DVDs arrived from Australia today with money to pay on delivery. The cost of this transaction ended up as:

£55 (DVDs) + £32 (insurance and postage - insurance not optional) + £8.66 (UK VAT) + £8 (Royal Mail international handling charge) making a Grand Total of £103.50.

Be warned!

Sorry to hear that never had that happen to me luck of the draw i guess :confused:
  • Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »

Yes that was a great episode. Catch a Falling star was quite dull though. Its funny how you get a dud episode like that then the next episode is a gem
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Right, I'm still miles behind but I need some advice on which episodes to skip and which ones to watch. I've already seen Search Me last year on YouTube (one of the best Bill episodes ever - right up there with Tinderbox and other half-hour classics).

On the Drama episodes, I'm up to 'Loyalty'. If someone could post up a list of the good episodes from 'Loyalty' onwards, it would be much appreciated :)
  • Des leaderDes leader Posts: 226
    Forum Member

Just caught up with this one and nice to see another future Bill star in a minor role - Ofo Uhiara and Bruce Byron in the previous episode
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, I'm still miles behind but I need some advice on which episodes to skip and which ones to watch. I've already seen Search Me last year on YouTube (one of the best Bill episodes ever - right up there with Tinderbox and other half-hour classics).

On the Drama episodes, I'm up to 'Loyalty'. If someone could post up a list of the good episodes from 'Loyalty' onwards, it would be much appreciated :)

Wheels is the best of the lot in my view. Search Me is excellent as you say.

Warm Bodies and Love or Money weren't great episodes for me but they sort of start of the Beech/Stanton/Boulton storyline so possibly worth a watch from that perspective.

I quite enjoyed Going Public and White Lies too. I also like the 1st episode of Trust in particular - a great line from Conway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really liked the ones with cass and leroy jones.
    cant believe leroy would go back to the gang leader knowing cass was a policewomen.

me must of know she would tell the police.

love this era of the bill.
    Forum Member
    Wheels is the best of the lot in my view. Search Me is excellent as you say.

Warm Bodies and Love or Money weren't great episodes for me but they sort of start of the Beech/Stanton/Boulton storyline so possibly worth a watch from that perspective.

I quite enjoyed Going Public and White Lies too. I also like the 1st episode of Trust in particular - a great line from Conway!

Unfortunately, my Sky+ box has been replaced so all the episodes in my backlog (11 episodes) were wiped. I've only got today's episode on there so I've missed about 2 weeks worth of episodes, but at least I'm watching at the same pace as everyone else.

Thanks for the list though, and I'll try to watch those episodes when Watch eventually comes to them :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Chris Simmons aka Mickey Webb came into my workplace last week, I gave him shelving advice. Very down-to-earth guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episodes last night seemed interesting. All the Beech/Boulton/Stanton stuff
    Forum Member
    Tuesday's episode with Boulton and Stanton in the hotel was fairly good. It held my interest and nice to see Beech cottoning onto Boulton. But I really dislike what they've done to Boulton's character...I like the fact he's found happiness but he's gone a bit too soft for me, and he's lost a lot of the edge that made him a great character. But nevertheless, decent stuff so 7/10.

Yesterday's episode was also another decent effort. Good to see another side to Smithy, even if he was chasing a lost cause with the druggie mother. But another OK episode so another 7/10 for me.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor old Tom Proctor....

I can't help feeling that if one of the other DCs had come up with the same plan that Meadows and Deakin would have given it their full backing
  • LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    Tuesday's episode with Boulton and Stanton in the hotel was fairly good. It held my interest and nice to see Beech cottoning onto Boulton. But I really dislike what they've done to Boulton's character...I like the fact he's found happiness but he's gone a bit too soft for me, and he's lost a lot of the edge that made him a great character. But nevertheless, decent stuff so 7/10.

Yesterday's episode was also another decent effort. Good to see another side to Smithy, even if he was chasing a lost cause with the druggie mother. But another OK episode so another 7/10 for me.

I always thought they softened Boulton so that he became more vulnerable rather than the usual all barriers up for what was to come.

I've not caught all the repeats, just catching some in a row here and there, but it has reminded me that DS Boulton was easily my favourite character in the entire run of The Bill.
  • mediatycoonmediatycoon Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Anyone else notice that the episode at 11am this morning was in 16:9? But then strangely the 12 o clock episode was back in 4:3! Why can't they just show the programme uncut in the correct format???
    Forum Member
    Anyone else notice that the episode at 11am this morning was in 16:9? But then strangely the 12 o clock episode was back in 4:3! Why can't they just show the programme uncut in the correct format???

Thanks for the heads up strange though on my editing software it's still showing up as in 16:9 :D
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Poor old Tom Proctor....

I can't help feeling that if one of the other DCs had come up with the same plan that Meadows and Deakin would have given it their full backing

I agree, no one took him seriously at all, I'm not aware of the way things work in the real Police world but surely senior officers or Sergeants should have been giving him more support. At least he got an exit though.
  • BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    All of a sudden they just made him a laughing stock in just one episode, bad really. Dave Quinnan didn't help though, suppose this is the start of the affair that gripped the show for the next 18 months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just checked the schedules on Drama and noted that the next but one episode "Time To Kill" is to be omitted. Shame on them! This story has June Ackland adopting a virtual identity to trap a cyberstalker who has been attacking women.

Also an advance notice for those who watch at noon, there is no Bill on Easter Monday (21 April) so to see the episode that would have been shown at that time "Old Enemies" you will have to tune in on Tuesday (22 April) at 01:00 or 11:00 AM. The next episode "New Friends" then follows on at noon.
    Forum Member

Doing it again today >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they didn't dump today's trashy episode instead of "Time to Kill". I think it must be the worst "hour" episode I have ever seen though some of the 30 minute ones have come close.
    Forum Member
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    Shame they didn't dump today's trashy episode instead of "Time to Kill". I think it must be the worst "hour" episode I have ever seen though some of the 30 minute ones have come close.

Time to Kill must be unsuitable for the afternoon slot although why they can't show it in the later slot i don't understand :confused:
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst one i saw, was that inquiry thing one, about that WPC who got injured, as that other PC didn't pull back or something when told, the editing was terrible, they were talking to them about one thing, then the next, it was something else, was really bad, i couldn't make head nor tail of it, just the end where it turned out to be that one that was in charge, losing his marbles.
  • mediatycoonmediatycoon Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Bonesy84 wrote: »
    Doing it again today >:(

I know! So annoying, it doesn't make any sense and I predict it will be the same when watch get to them later in the year :( can you think why they would do this?? Let's hope with the launch of ITV Encore we may see The Bill get an outing with the respect it deserves... Uncut and in the correct format