Options

The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I can't understand why one of the itv's channels does not show this; they like showing endless programs like judge Judy and the repeats of soaps from and heartbeat ( which is good , but not endless repeats on tv). when u have back catalogue of the bill nearly 25 years!. the show has been going on and finished your not telling me that (drama channel), has a better budget then most of the itv channel.
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt realise Tom Proctor had changed his profession and qualified as a Snooker Player called Mark Davis :P
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the NEW FRIENDS episode shown on Drama today was so short? It ended at 49 minutes on my SKY box including the 3 minutes padding I allow before the start and several commercial breaks. Was it edited for violence perhaps?

I believe it was intended to be an extended feature-length episode (a bit like Deep End or Foreign Body) but for whatever reason it didn't fit in the schedule so instead of having one 1 hour 40 minute episode they had 2 separate episodes when they actually showed it. Hence the second was shorter than usual, though I don't think this was reflected in the Drama timeslots?
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the First Impressions two parter - very watchable. Loved all the banter going on and how everyone got involved, especially between Boyden and Roz with Roz thinking Boyden had knocked someone down! I also liked Roz turning the tables on Cass and Vicky with Cryer the 'bottom pincher' :D I liked all the sergeants' different views on the incidents as well, with June taking it very seriously and Boyden and Cryer taking more of a laid back approach to it all.

I liked Ben's back story too, as it helped develop his character a bit from the very start but I don't think we see much more development of his character from here on in if I remember rightly?

We're coming towards the end of a fantastic era of The Bill :(

Anyone think Drama will start showing some of the half hour episodes of the Bill in future? I would love to see some early 90s episodes.
  • Options
    BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Dan_cbbc is not a tool and this forum is not a place for abusive comments! Leave him alone to enjoy the forum like everyone else... And for the record, the sets on ioffer aren't uncut, some episodes are VHS recordings off ITV with terrible sound and others are recorded from UK Gold with no ad caps and in 4:3! Oh yeah, and as we all know... The UK Gold episodes are cut! Dan is right to want the official sets as they are much better! Rant over
    All episodes on the DVDs are totally uncut, even the UK Gold ones run for 49 mins. Out of 80-odd, there a total of 2 UK Gold ones. The sound is good quality, there is absolitely nothing wrong with them. Rant over? Don't make me laugh.
  • Options
    mediatycoonmediatycoon Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    All episodes on the DVDs are totally uncut, even the UK Gold ones run for 49 mins. Out of 80-odd, there a total of 2 UK Gold ones. The sound is good quality, there is absolitely nothing wrong with them. Rant over? Don't make me laugh.

Please stop taking this forum off topic now, it's getting boring! If you are just going to be rude to people then find a different thread... It isn't welcome here
  • Options
    BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I loved the First Impressions two parter - very watchable. Loved all the banter going on and how everyone got involved, especially between Boyden and Roz with Roz thinking Boyden had knocked someone down! I also liked Roz turning the tables on Cass and Vicky with Cryer the 'bottom pincher' :D I liked all the sergeants' different views on the incidents as well, with June taking it very seriously and Boyden and Cryer taking more of a laid back approach to it all.

I liked Ben's back story too, as it helped develop his character a bit from the very start but I don't think we see much more development of his character from here on in if I remember rightly?

Anyone think Drama will start showing some of the half hour episodes of the Bill in future? I would love to see some early 90s episodes.

When the current CID leave in All Fall Down Part Two it spells the end of a good era for The Bill. It slowly became a soap from November 2000 up until February. Even the Don Beech Scandal was too far fetched.
  • Options
    Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed seeing Ted Roach again. I remember Roxanne first time round when Paul O'Grady played her. Anyone know why Paul didn't come back and the part was recast?

Liked the new starters one and the wind ups :) Shame we are gearing towards All Fall Down. I'll miss my fix of Deakin, he's seemed quite grumpy lately, must have been since the character was axed.
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a bit bemused Stanton and Boulton paid so much attention to the sound of sirens, considering they work in a police station and all...

First Impressions was a great 2-parter and sensible to have lots of uniform just before a big CID storyline. The Ted Roach episodes weren't my favourite but perfectly fine. The Beech storyline kicks off at last - and it's only going to get better!
  • Options
    darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bill goes W/S from next week

DRAMA: The Bill
    On: Drama (166)
    Date: Friday 2nd May 2014 (starting in 4 days)
    Time: 11:00 to 12:00 (1 hour long)

The River.
    The classic cop shop drama that was not afraid to tackle grimy subjects. It looks like the end of the road for Beech, but his luck has not run out just yet!
    (Widescreen, Subtitles, 4 Star)

Starring: Billy Murray, Clara Salaman, Peter Lee Wilson, Linda Lusardi, Barnaby Kay

all episodes following this have the widescreen marker
  • Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anyone spotted rod skase in the new pounds to pockets ad?
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    The Bill goes W/S from next week

DRAMA: The Bill
    On: Drama (166)
    Date: Friday 2nd May 2014 (starting in 4 days)
    Time: 11:00 to 12:00 (1 hour long)

The River.
    The classic cop shop drama that was not afraid to tackle grimy subjects. It looks like the end of the road for Beech, but his luck has not run out just yet!
    (Widescreen, Subtitles, 4 Star)

Starring: Billy Murray, Clara Salaman, Peter Lee Wilson, Linda Lusardi, Barnaby Kay

all episodes following this have the widescreen marker

Thanks for that but we''ll see if it's true knowing what drama are like :p
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

just watched that one, also enjoyed it, was hilarious, Bob Cryer a bottom pincher, loved it when he pinched Junes at the end. :D
  • Options
    The Big RobertoThe Big Roberto Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I think Don Beech was sponsored by Just For Men in today's episode
  • Options
    JARVJARV Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Received my The Bill complete series 16 from Australia today, awesome quality and great to have the episodes uncut, gonna order some more now!
  • Options
    highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Dan_Cbbc wrote: »
    Didnt realise Tom Proctor had changed his profession and qualified as a Snooker Player called Mark Davis :P

:D:D Nice one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pembo2004 wrote: »
    has anyone spotted rod skase in the new pounds to pockets ad?

Yes. He also popped up in an episode of Waterloo Road a couple of months back. I was channel hopping...honest!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    just watched that one, also enjoyed it, was hilarious, Bob Cryer a bottom pincher, loved it when he pinched Junes at the end. :D

'Nipper' Cryer! That was great. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. He also popped up in an episode of Waterloo Road a couple of months back. I was channel hopping...honest!

Yeah he did, immigration bloke, hes also been in Doctors :)

Tony Stamp popped up in Law and Order UK not long back, not seen him for years.
    'Nipper' Cryer! That was great. :D

Loved all those old characters, The Bill was great back then. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Tony Stamp popped up in Law and Order UK not long back, not seen him for years.

Graham 'Tony Stamp' Cole was on an episode of Pointless Celebrities recently. He was partnered with the old Slater guy from Eastenders. They got to the final but just lost out. Their category was "Actors that have had credited appearances in the Indiana Jones films". Ironically Graham said he was an extra in one of them but didn't get a screen credit! :D
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member

Reminded me a bit of Lovejoy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Reminded me a bit of Lovejoy

Just caught up with today's episode. It certainly knocked a couple of years off Don! :o

Maybe Fallon repaid his favours with a potion from the fountain of youth!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the 2 Ted Roach episodes, and see Roxanne was now played by Bob, from Rita Sue and Bob too, love that film :D
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member

Maybe Fallon repaid his favours with a potion from the fountain of youth!! :D

Looking forward to that smug git getting the tables turned on him.
  • Options
    LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    Just managed to catch DS John Boulton's exit episode earlier. Not seen it since it was on back in 2000.

They really gave him quite the send off. Acts of bravery, chivalry, a moody shower scene, finally finding true love, some sex, a punch up, and dramatic death. All in one day.

Although, I would ask if there was some sort of special deal with Jamiroquai to promote his 'best of' album in that episode. Both Boulton and Beech had a copy playing in their respective homes.

By the way, I remember there was a live episode of The Bill (not sure when it was, though). Will that appear on Drama or has it come up already?