Celebs you haven't seen in a while and how old they are now

BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
Forum Member
✭✭
I was looking up some old movies and googled a few stars.

The Karate Kid is 52. :o What the... when did THAT happen? :D

Chachi from Happy Days is 53, just saw an ad on Nickelodeon for a new show that he's in.

I feel old. :(

Comments

• BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Mark Lamarr
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Mark Ronson!

He was massive in 2007/8 and he looked cute with his sharp suits and bowl haircut.

What ever became of him?
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam Gallagher isn't bad for 40s and a likely damaged beyond repair liver but the Daily Fail's spotted a bald patch already.

Classic comment from someone on the comments section:

'How did a story about child support turn into a commercial for 'necessary' hair transplant procedure'
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Karate Kid is 52!

**** ME! :eek:

Now that does make me feel old :(
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm shocked by how Rupert Everett and Matt LeBlanc have seemed to age quite suddenly. And yes I know we all age but those two were a shock.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bumped into Blue's Duncan James in the street yesterday and, polite though he was, I was shocked at how old he looks in the face close up.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I'm shocked by how Rupert Everett and Matt LeBlanc have seemed to age quite suddenly. And yes I know we all age but those two were a shock.

I saw Matt LeBlanc on tv for some new program and yeah, he's getting on a bit.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Liam Gallagher isn't bad for 40s and a likely damaged beyond repair liver but the Daily Fail's spotted a bald patch already.

Classic comment from someone on the comments section:

'How did a story about child support turn into a commercial for 'necessary' hair transplant procedure'

:D the comments section on the daily mail sometimes the best part
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Lamarr

I had a massive crush on him when he used to present NMTB about 10+ years ago - to me, he seemed my ideal man in every way, not least of all his love of reggae. After he left NMTB, I spotted an ad that he was DJ'ing a reggae night in an East End nightclub or bar. I really wanted to go, but realised I couldn't trust myself seeing him in the flesh without acting like a crazy stalker and probably ending up with a restraining order slapped on me! :blush:

My own shocker came about a year ago, when I decided to google images of a much further back in time crush of mine, from the 70's & 80's - Alan Minter - who was aging quite nicely, a bit of a silver fox, but still very handsome, the last time i'd seen him.

I really wish i hadn't - for that which has been seen can never be unseen! :o

*I'm now off to google recent pics of Mark Lamarr, like the glutton for punishment fool that I am! :D

ETA: Just reporting back that the most recent images of him I could find were taken around 2010, standing outside the BBC studios, having a smoke. Must admit he wouldn't have looked amiss selling copies of the Big Issue, but then again I suppose there's no need to dress all dapper when you're presenting a radio show is there? I still think that after making him take a hot bath and have a shave..... I still would! ;-) :D
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,914
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Matt LeBlanc here. Saw him on BBC Breakfast news the other day and was literally :o when I saw how old looking he'd got. Guess with reruns of shows etc it is easy to forget time has moved on. :D In the interview he even commented himself that there's now a whole new generation who are seeing Friends for the first time and are like wtf when they see how old 'Joey' is now. :D