Michael Johns (season7) dead at just 35

janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
Forum Member
Just noticed this on the DM. Michael was one of my fav Idol contestants.

Report states he died aged just 35 from blood clot on the ankle.

Shocking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2714344/American-Idol-contestant-Michael-Johns-dies-35-suffering-blood-clot-ankle.html

Comments

• Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way, he was one of my favourites from that season (and I had very few). Can't believe it, poor guy. Such a sad situation for his family.
  • pixiepiepixiepie Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked by that news. Mostly because I loved that season of idol and last night for some reason he randomly popped into my head and I googled his name to find out what he'd been up too. :o

Apparently he died yesterday. Just an odd coincidence but so strange since I hadn't been following his career or anything since idol and I did let out a little gasp when I saw the headline.

So sad. No age to die.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    God that's a shock.

He was one of the best that season and should have stayed around for a lot longer. I loved his version of Dream On (which was, in fact, the song that eliminated him). Had he been in any other season he'd have got a lot further, but David Cook had pretty much got the rock market nailed on that season.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelievably sad and tragic news. So young, very talented (he and David Cook were my favourites that year, and remain among my favourite all time contestants), stunningly handsome and seems a genuinely lovely man. I'm so saddened by this news. From what I've read, he went to the doctor complaining of pain in his ankle but was sent home - it seems a blood clot developed after he twisted his ankle and the clot then travelled to his lung. If this did indeed happen, why didn't the doctor do a scan? The clot might then have been spotted in time and Michael put on thinning medication. Such a waste.
  • Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read the news. I am so shocked and really sad. Season 7 was my favourite season of Idol. Michael and David Cook were my favourites. I remember the night he went out - I was really disappointed for him.

R.I.P. Michael.
  • kitbitkitbit Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    What a tragedy. Am so sad to learn of this. Still have some of his tracks from the show.

RIP Michael Johns
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Another Idol contestant has died
    Joanne Boragella (Top 24, and the same Season as Michael!) She didn't get as far as Michael Johns but still made the live shows, I actually remembered her. Died from cancer the other day.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2798721/american-idol-s-joanne-borgella-passes-away-age-32-following-year-long-battle-rare-form-endometrial-cancer.html
  • karenc3karenc3 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Sad about both Michael and Joanna. Season 7 was my favorite season, and I remembered both of them, and followed Michael's career after the show. David Cook is my favorite from Idol and I loved Michael's friendship with him, and also Carly, Brooke, and David A.