Options

What is Europes reaction to Molly (non UK)

Comments

• Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to add, since I posted my previous comment about the wiwibloggs poll, which was about an hour ago, the results have gone from this...

UK - 1,852
    Romania - 1,786
    Spain - 1,683

to this...

Romania - 2,065
    Spain - 2,059
    UK - 1,861

So Romania have added nearly 300, Spain nearly 400 and UK a grand total of 9.

Someone in the comments section is saying Romania only had 997 votes last night, so have more than doubled their total today alone. So it's clearly been rigged, just a shame it can't be used as a reliable poll.
  • Options
    Alan_ColeAlan_Cole Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Molly's getting plenty of tweets from Azerbaijan, Finland, Belgium, Spain ect..saying how much they like the UK entry and that it deserves to be top 5..Although Croatia aren't taking part in 2014, 'Eurovision Croatia' has the UK entry as their favourite..

https://twitter.com/MontseFak/status/446656488556490752/photo/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In another Spanish Eurovision site, apart from their own song (which they are allowed to vote for in this poll), they seem to like Sweden and the UK the most..

www.eurovision7.blogspot.com.es/p/vota_29.html
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the first time in many years we have an entry that has the potential to win, however, why didn't we produce a more polished video? And why are we not hearing Molly's song playing on the radio?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    notin wrote: »
    For the first time in many years we have an entry that has the potential to win, however, why didn't we produce a more polished video? And why are we not hearing Molly's song playing on the radio?

1. Molly told me on twitter that she's filmed a music video (she describes it as 'contemporary'), but didn't say when it would be released. As I said on another thread, I don't see why they can't just release it now!

2. We have heard Molly's song on the radio. I've heard it on Ken Bruce Radio 2 on two occasions and Graham Norton has played it on his show a couple of times
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member

Unfortunately, the radio industry in this country is completely in the pockets of the music industry and it's very difficult for artists/songs that aren't part of that clique to get playlisted on radio stations, especially commercial radio stations. :(

The only place we will here it played atm will be on Radio 2. If COTU is a somewhat of a chart success prior or after the contest (particularly if we win :p) then the commercial stations might playlist it.
  • Options
    Steven_PSteven_P Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shelf lives of most songs for radio play seems to be getting shorter and shorter (with the odd exception). I don't know if this is the plan, but it would seem wise to me to hold back a little so that it was at it's peak during EV week. It would be a shame if by the time it comes round people are begining to get bored of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurovicious - on the 2014 Eurovision contenders.

www.sofabet.com/2014/03/27/eurovision-2014-eurovicious-on-the-contenders/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Eurovoix website are having a jury vote to decide their favourite song of Eurovision 2014. Yesterday, the Lithuanian jury (which consisted of) - '4fun' who represented Lithuania in 2007, Gerai Gerai, who came third in their national selection 2013, Monika Linkyte who finished 4th in the Lithuanian national final this year, and Kristina Radziukynaite who finished 9th gave the UK entry 7 points. Today, it was the turn of Bosnia-Herzegovina, and they have given the UK 10 points. Pity Bosnia arent taking part this year, but at least its showing that the UK entry has wide appeal in europe..

www.eurovoix.com/2014/03/31/bosnia-herzegovina-sarajevo-calling/
  • Options
    ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any updates on a promotional tour/official release?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All i've heard at the moment is that Molly will be performing the UK entry at the Eurovision Concert in Amsterdam this Saturday. The UK are being very consistent in the polls though.

www.tummiweb.com/scorewiz/scoreboard/sheet/86210/scorewiz-poll-2014-all-vote-for-all
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will give you all a report on how she does in Amsterdam when I get back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »

Thanks. I wish i was going.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan_Cole wrote: »
    Thanks. I wish I was going.

She will be in London the week after and there is still tickets available, it was more expensive for train tickets to London than it was to Fly to Amsterdam though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will be in London the week after and there is still tickets available, it was more expensive for train tickets to London than it was to Fly to Amsterdam though

Yes, hopefully i'll be able to get a ticket for the London Eurovision Party. Is it being held at the same place as Molly premiered the song when they did it on the red button?. It looks like a really nice place to stage something like this..
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is there any possibility you could film it? No worries if you can't.

Enjoy! :D
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love Romania but this made me chortle;

"I don’t need to tell you whether this passes the non-threatening boy/manic pixie dream girl test; it’s more like something two of your high school teachers who think they’re still quite cool (by virtue of being younger than most of the rest of the staff) would perform at a gala event to raise money for a new playing field. “Mr Jacobs and Miss Selling are going to sing a song together!”
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any possibility you could film it? No worries if you can't.

Enjoy! :D

ESCKAZ will usually film everything anyway or some other website anyway and have them up on the Sunday will be a lot quicker than waiting for a shaky video from me, and Eurovision.tv usually have good quality videos later on in the week too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People have been voting on Youtube for their favourite songs of Eurovision 2014. This is the Official Top 37 Youtube video's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGfAyIdGpo
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People have been voting on Youtube for their favourite songs of Eurovision 2014. This is the Official Top 37 Youtube video's.

So pleased to see Molly at 2nd place. :D
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member

Some effort gone into that.

Yay for Molly! :D

Not so yay for Suzy. :(
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Some effort gone into that.

Yay for Molly! :D

Not so yay for Suzy. :(

yay for Molly

not so yay for Conchy :cry:
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    2nd place, but second behind Sweden. For some reason, Eurofans seem to wet themselves over anything Swedish (I don't know why that is, but it seems to happen) so you've really gotta take out some of the Swedish score, making it at least close. I never thought I'd say this, but the nearer we get to May, the more I'm thinking 'this really could be the one, our year' :D
  • Options
    andrewdkandrewdk Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    From my danish point of view: Its between UK and Israel this year
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    2nd place, but second behind Sweden. For some reason, Eurofans seem to wet themselves over anything Swedish (I don't know why that is, but it seems to happen) so you've really gotta take out some of the Swedish score, making it at least close. I never thought I'd say this, but the nearer we get to May, the more I'm thinking 'this really could be the one, our year' :D

I think the hyping of Swedish entries every year is due to Melodifestivalen, can't see any other reason for it.

I really hope it is our year. We've waited long enough for it :D I'm looking forward to EIC as it's the first time most of the contestants will be on the same stage, hopefully Molly stands out.