Options

Max Clifford found guilty

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well seems they got this one right, seemed to be a right perv! Now who will do his PR!

Comments

• Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to the other thread about this?????:confused:

Old Max has dirty laundry on so many, wonder if he will tell tales at a later date??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the MC threads are closing pretty quickly...
  • Options
    Nic_ac addictNic_ac addict Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I wondered what happened to the other thread?
    Maybe he's controlling the media again? :D
  • Options
    ricardoyluciaricardoylucia Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope he dies in prison...the scoundrel ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they were taken down, but now the court case is over guess it ok to comment.
  • Options
    dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a 9 page thread on max guilty. How far does his manipulation go...the internet?
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where has the other thread gone? Heavy handed DS moderation again, why can things that are being discussed on other forums not be discussed on here?

Ridiculous!

Hear, hear!
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Clifford talking about Savile in 2012. He had a lot of information about what was going on. and with whom. Would be interesting to know what has happened to the evidence Clifford had collated about these high-profile celebs.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a432759/max-clifford-says-he-knew-of-jimmy-savile-abuse-more-names-to-come-out.html#~oCKjY5HccJ4QJ0
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a 9 page thread on max guilty. How far does his manipulation go...the internet?

You're surprised? DS are firmly in bed with Simon Cowell and Co ....
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, there's a long thread currently going on the GD forum. Looks like the thread here was moved over:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1959305
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    Actually, there's a long thread currently going on the GD forum. Looks like the thread here was moved over:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1959305

Why have they moved it?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have they moved it?:confused:

Maybe he's been demoted. He's no longer worthy of 'Showbiz'. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i didnt even know there was a general discussions area....
  • Options
    Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    his team will probally carry on till he gets out,dont forget he knows a lot of secrets reguarding famous people,he will be realeased and just blend back in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He already a old man, and as one of the girl's was 15, then his sentence should be a good few years.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never know how they can prove historical allegations.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never know how they can prove historical allegations.

Testimony, which is pretty much how all cases are proven.:confused:
  • Options
    soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Testimony, which is pretty much how all cases are proven.:confused:

Well evidence also helps, but becomes increasingly difficult to obtain the longer it is between the alleged offence and the trial.

That said, I was listening to the radio this evening (R4, I think, but I wasn't paying attention) where someone was opining that the jury was probably convinced by the prosecution because the victims were not only convincing and coherent, even under cross-examination, but also because the pattern of each assault was similar - not the same (which might have been a bit suspicious), but revealing a common modus operandi.

Of course, it probably didn't help Clifford's case that he tried to portray himself in court as a moral, upright and decent bloke, while at the same time his biography reveals that he used to play a game with his mates to see which of them could get a random woman in the street to come into the office and have sex.

I also heard David Mellor on PM on the way home from work, trying very hard (and only partially succeeding) not to be overwhelmed with smugness. Can't say I blame him. I've never been a particular fan of Mellor, but what Clifford did to him was vile.

I'm glad he was found guilty, and I hope that the sentence he receives reflects the enormity of his offences. Nasty man.
  • Options
    SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not aware that David Mellor was one of Clifford's victims. He exposed Mellor, but what's wrong with that? If he'd exposed himself in front of Mellor as part of some kind of blackmail suggestion I'd have some sympathy. But I doubt even Max could write a tabloid headline for that one.
  • Options
    soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Most of what was printed in the Sun and elsewhere about Mellor's affair was untrue. De Sancha admitted about 10 years ago that she had been encouraged by Clifford to "embellish" the details of the affair to turn it into something lurid and sleazy, when in fact it was as boring as most affairs. No sex in football kit. No toe sucking. No spanking. Not sure whether Clifford had a grudge against Mellor or whether he just saw the opportunity for a big payoff, but Mellor's name was dragged through the headlines for months.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    I'm not aware that David Mellor was one of Clifford's victims. He exposed Mellor, but what's wrong with that? If he'd exposed himself in front of Mellor as part of some kind of blackmail suggestion I'd have some sympathy. But I doubt even Max could write a tabloid headline for that one.

But the sanctimonious Clifford had a history of organising sex parties (no underage girls of course) had a number of mistresses while declaring himself happily married. Then after his wife died of cancer the git boasted he must be good at his job because she never found out.

It hasn't been denied one paper asked his permission to print a story about him and a married woman he was having an affair with, they agreed not to print it till he gave the all clear.... a couple of years later.

He's the turd who touted and promoted the completely false story about the Hamilton's raping a woman. When ordered to pay damages he just laughed it off as an insignificant amount.

If you check various court papers you'll see he was paid far more money to act for the papers than his clients got for their stories, which must be a conflict of interest. Then there's the little matter of lunch with a red head and a settlement over phone hacking.
  • Options
    SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    But the sanctimonious Clifford had a history of organising sex parties (no underage girls of course) had a number of mistresses while declaring himself happily married. Then after his wife died of cancer the git boasted he must be good at his job because she never found out.

It hasn't been denied one paper asked his permission to print a story about him and a married woman he was having an affair with, they agreed not to print it till he gave the all clear.... a couple of years later.

He's the turd who touted and promoted the completely false story about the Hamilton's raping a woman. When ordered to pay damages he just laughed it off as an insignificant amount.

If you check various court papers you'll see he was paid far more money to act for the papers than his clients got for their stories, which must be a conflict of interest. Then there's the little matter of lunch with a red head and a settlement over phone hacking.

If he really had stitched up the Hamiltons it wouldn't have been an insignificant amount. A woman came to him saying she had been raped, he told her to go to the police. What was he supposed to do?

I'm sure he used his power for his own ends. But don't forget there were plenty of idiots he exposed who bear a grudge. They should blame themselves not the messenger.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he really had stitched up the Hamiltons it wouldn't have been an insignificant amount. A woman came to him saying she had been raped, he told her to go to the police. What was he supposed to do?

I'm sure he used his power for his own ends. But don't forget there were plenty of idiots he exposed who bear a grudge. They should blame themselves not the messenger.

I guess he *could* have not paid them shedloads of money to spew their lies in the tabloids whilst in the process - but hey ho.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    Well evidence also helps, but becomes increasingly difficult to obtain the longer it is between the alleged offence and the trial.

That said, I was listening to the radio this evening (R4, I think, but I wasn't paying attention) where someone was opining that the jury was probably convinced by the prosecution because the victims were not only convincing and coherent, even under cross-examination, but also because the pattern of each assault was similar - not the same (which might have been a bit suspicious), but revealing a common modus operandi.

Of course, it probably didn't help Clifford's case that he tried to portray himself in court as a moral, upright and decent bloke, while at the same time his biography reveals that he used to play a game with his mates to see which of them could get a random woman in the street to come into the office and have sex.

I also heard David Mellor on PM on the way home from work, trying very hard (and only partially succeeding) not to be overwhelmed with smugness. Can't say I blame him. I've never been a particular fan of Mellor, but what Clifford did to him was vile.

I'm glad he was found guilty, and I hope that the sentence he receives reflects the enormity of his offences. Nasty man.

Apparently, his sentence will be what was the sentence would have been at the time the offences occurred. According to the daily telegraph.