Options

The 12 year old Shopaholic... - Channel 5

xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
Forum Member
My first thread :D

I did a search and seems there is no thread on the show.
Is anyone watching this?

A show about spolit kids.
Doesn't help them in later life , they will grow up thinking they can get their own way. Doesn't teach them work ethic or responsibility at all.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    shocking stuff, no wonder i hate kids these days
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    I forgot that was on, wanted to watch it too. Will watch it tomorrow when kids are at nursery
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about the potential issues spoiling children stores up for later in their lives.
    I've seen it in action many times. Adults unable to budget or to put need ahead of want.
  • Options
    miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    How do the parents pay for all this?? Even allowing for multiple credit cards...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She has spent so much money on her kids, it looks like she has to cut her own hair
  • Options
    Forum Member
    miaow wrote: »
    How do the parents pay for all this?? Even allowing for multiple credit cards...

I am wondering the same.

When that kid earlier was counting all that money. :o
    No need for a little kid to have so much. Creating memories with your family is better than material stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He spends more on his kid in a month than me & my fiance have & spend on bills , rent etc per month :o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lovely moustache
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that Zack's father doesn't think his child is spoiled just because he doesn't have tantrums in order to get what he wants.

Reminds me very much of my neighbour who argues that giving her son everything he wanted as a child didn't spoil him. She was the only one who couldn't see him for the brat he was. She's still paying his day to day bills now that he's in his fifties and she's on a pension.
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Lovely moustache

Tom Selleck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The kids already seem to think it is going to be easy when they get older.
    Mommy & Daddy won't be around forever and i hope if they are going to spoil their future kids they realize they have to earn that money they want to spend first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Tom Selleck.

:D:D:D her mom must spend loads on Moustache wax
  • Options
    radamfiradamfi Posts: 14,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are wellies fashionable now?
  • Options
    SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it sad. What empty lives. I think the mothers have no imagination about what to do so just keep dragging them round the shops. Zac going to toys r us with mum after school. Why's he not playing with friends? Do they not have friends? The mums seem at a loose end. Very jealous of that girl's Chanel handbag!
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any of those kids had any friends - there was no mention.
    How could they - they will end up trying to buy their friends as they get older.
    I have seen it myself

I felt like smacking that 14 year old whose mum had to hold down four jobs to keep up with her spoilt kids lifestyle. Had to laugh when this brat decided to take on a paper round job and her poor mum had to drive her round and even delivered some of the papers for her. She isn't doing her any favours.

Everyone wants the best for their kids but some go completely overboard and they only have themselves to blame for making their kids think they only have to snap their fingers and they get they want
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The not so spoilered children that are out there will cope better in later life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    This programme is making my blood boil. It's like the parents are buying their love. What a bunch of selfish brats!!! That women with the fat brats poor women, why isn't she just saying no to them instead working 3 jobs. These parents need a reality check!
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but two of those mums should have paid more attention to their daughters diet instead of Chanel handbags and going into debt for a heap of tatty looking clothes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started to watch it......but couldn't be bothered. Usual self satisfied brats and their moronic parents. Heard it all before and seen it all before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammmymack wrote: »
    I found it sad. What empty lives. I think the mothers have no imagination about what to do so just keep dragging them round the shops. Zac going to toys r us with mum after school. Why's he not playing with friends? Do they not have friends? The mums seem at a loose end. Very jealous of that girl's Chanel handbag!
    LOL :) I can live without a Chanel handbag, but you're right - sad and empty lives.
    Before long the dad from the lower income is going to find himself bankrupt without a house, as it's in repossession.

Why on earth would you buy a horse, they're bloody expensive to keep, and leave your house carpetless? The mother seemed to one of the worst idiots moneywise I've ever heard. Their motto may have been if you depart this world owing then you've won ^_^ ( who thinks like that, someone suffers for their debt as we all found out in 2008) but they've a fair few decades yet to live. What are they going to do when they're homeless and nobody will loan them anything.

I somewhat understand the Iranian mother. When you've gone from riches to poverty and back to a decent living it must be scary to know it can go in a minute.
    The rest of the spoilt brats went over my head. No way would I work 3 menial jobs so my kids could have everything they wanted. It's not preparing any of them for real life. I pity their partners when they grow up.
  • Options
    g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radamfi wrote: »
    Are wellies fashionable now?

Only if they're hideously expensive. (and hideous) :D
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see any 12 year old shopaholics but parents that foolishly kept buying far too much stuff. I've no issue with kids having the odd designer stuff but a wardrobe full is ridiculous if the parent has to work 3-4 jobs to afford it or is broke.
  • Options
    flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »

Why on earth would you buy a horse, they're bloody expensive to keep, and leave your house carpetless? The mother seemed to one of the worst idiots moneywise I've ever heard. Their motto may have been if you depart this world owing then you've won ^_^ ( who thinks like that, someone suffers for their debt as we all found out in 2008) but they've a fair few decades yet to live. What are they going to do when they're homeless and nobody will loan them anything.

This family were on This Morning on Monday talking about the show. According to the mother, she was joking about struggling financially and struggling to afford food. I didn't buy a word of it though and I'm not sure the presenters did either. You could see the panic in her face as she was clearly realising how bad this was all sounding. Philip Schofield actually said to her "you're not just trying to backtrack are you?" :D
  • Options
    g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all seem to use possessions or how much cash is spent as a measure of their own worth. Wonder if this is how they will grade other humans? Got the feeling they regarded themselves/others as different life forms.

Tragic, children learning so early to shift blame, "I don't force her/him" when talking about their parents.

Even the parents, buying their children's love and simply not taking any responsiblity for themselves "That's just the way I am" etc. Oh yes and so very touching - 'I'm in arrears with my rent but have bought a pony' (Ok I've paraphrased bit >:( ) Just wait till you get the vet bills in :o never mind 'all the rest'

I felt at times the parents really did not know what to do or how to be involved with their children. Seemed as there was no play, no friends, just fill the time in by throwing money at them.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    LOL :) I can live without a Chanel handbag, but you're right - sad and empty lives.
    Before long the dad from the lower income is going to find himself bankrupt without a house, as it's in repossession.

I somewhat understand the Iranian mother. When you've gone from riches to poverty and back to a decent living it must be scary to know it can go in a minute.
    The rest of the spoilt brats went over my head. No way would I work 3 menial jobs so my kids could have everything they wanted. It's not preparing any of them for real life. I pity their partners when they grow up.

Yes, I didn't have much of a problem with the Iranian mother - they could afford the extravagant gifts, but moreover, the little girl must have worked hard at her music to have earned a scholarship. If the mum chose to spend the equivalent of the school fees on her daughter that's fair enough (even if I don't really understand what on earth a child that age would do with a 2 grand handbag. Mine would rather have a packet of Pokemon cards).

At least you could argue that that girl is learning that hard work and honing a talent can allow an extravagant lifestyle. The others just seemed to be given the message that stuff (expensive stuff) matters. And you will be given it. They are in for a shock.

Can't understand parents getting themselves in debt just to lavish completely unnecessary gifts on their kids. Treat them, aye, but that's ridiculous. They're making a rod for their own back and doing their kids no favours. I remember when I was younger trying the spoilt brat routine: 'Daddy, can I have a pony?' I was given a short shrift: 'Catch yourself on. Are we going to keep it in the coal shed?! Have a titter of wit.' That was the end of that kind of carry on. And rightly so.