Jet stream "explosion" set to see Britain boil in August

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I think Nathan Rao must be a bit loose in the old thinker.

He's certainly a bit loose, but I think it's in the sphincter not the thinker given the sheer amount of shite he comes out with :)
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Yeah, but I wasn't making a forecast, just a personal observation.

Just because it's cool at present doesn't mean it won't warm up again next week.

I wasn't implying that you were making a forecast, I was merely elaborating on your point. Hence why I said "weather forecasters"! ;-)
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »

So last winter was going to be an ice age, this August we were all going to boil, and now we're going to get decades of near ice age weather.

The Express don't even seem to be embarrassed by continually writing this stuff. Who actually buys this paper I wonder.
  • Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So last winter was going to be an ice age, this August we were all going to boil, and now we're going to get decades of near ice age weather.

The Express don't even seem to be embarrassed by continually writing this stuff. Who actually buys this paper I wonder.

According to the Audit Bureau of Circulations :o just over 500,000 poor disillusioned souls.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    In a way, it is useful because the weather is, without fail, the diametric opposite of whatever the Express predicts. So we now know that whilst August will be nippy (and not the hottest in 300 years), winter will be relatively balmy.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    In a way, it is useful because the weather is, without fail, the diametric opposite of whatever the Express predicts. So we now know that whilst August will be nippy (and not the hottest in 300 years), winter will be relatively balmy.

The Express's autumn and winter forecasts will be out soon - no doubt the coldest winter for 1000 years with six feet of snow from November to March!:D:D:D

A couple of years ago they were predicting heavy snow for October in September - it turned out to be the warmest October for years with temperatures into the 70s one week

They are also predicting further house price rises - so presumably we are due for a crash?