8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Friday 9pm

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    jojo01 wrote: »
    Who was the chap that was in Dictionary Corner?

I found him hugely unfunny... anyone who has to swear like that to get a laugh is no comedian. I don't object to swearing at all, but the overuse of certain words is just desperate, not amusing.

Whoosh, as they explained in the program he's not a comedian, he's an actor.
    You were supposed to laugh at him, not with him.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm in the minority, but I absolutely love Joe Wilkinson. :D Never seen him on anything besides the 8 Out of 10 Cats stuff, but I find him hilarious on it.

I like Jon Richardson and Jimmy Carr best though. Wasn't a huge fan of Jimmy Carr's comedy besides on 8 Out of 10 Cats until I saw him live this year - I wasn't expecting to like it a huge amount because I'm not into the 'offensive' humour, but I came away very happy! And I find Jon Richardson brilliant.

Agreed with above though, I don't see the appeal of Danny Dyer and all the swearing for the sake of it.
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    Danny Dyer - and you're right, he's not a comedian. He's a film actor. When he's on 8 out of 10, he's not playing a role, that's what he's actually like. And that is incredibly funny.
    Whoosh, as they explained in the program he's not a comedian, he's an actor.
    You were supposed to laugh at him, not with him.

Well you both put me right, I had no idea who he was, let alone that he was an actor!
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo01 wrote: »
    Well you both put me right, I had no idea who he was, let alone that he was an actor!

It should be noted that many, many people would use the term 'actor' lightly :D Whatever film he's in, he's playing a mouthy cockney.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I used to think Danny Dyer would make an excellent guest in Dictionary Corner:

"So, Danny, what did you get?"

"Well, I can't beat seven, but I do 'ave a couple of four-letter words."

Reality has now disabused me of that notion.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    I know I'm in the minority, but I absolutely love Joe Wilkinson. :D Never seen him on anything besides the 8 Out of 10 Cats stuff, but I find him hilarious on it.

I've never understood why people seem to hate him so venomously, but here's a couple of bits worth a gander:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBTrS8mKzek

He has a comedy partnership with Diane Morgan called Two Episodes of Mash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGy0Z0zSP9I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeTDy2EHGDc
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    Possibly on the first one, but Susie was feeding him words!
    They do that for the guests on the regualr countdown shows anyway.
  • Dr.  OtterblandDr. Otterbland Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell the funny blokes to eff off next week, can we just have Rachel in a very short dress and the kittens ?
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Daft making a whole series of this. It was okay for a one off . I love 8 out of 10 cats. Always funny. Not this!
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch Countdown, but I love 8 out of 10 Cats.
    I like the mashup.
    That bit with the kittens was brilliant ! I wonder how much longer it went on for ? :D
    I was waiting for someone to say "Hey Jimmy, are they the 8 out of 10 cats ?" but it didn't happen !
    No way did Danny Dyer come up with those words !
    The bloke out of the audience was winning at one point !
    Rachel looked fantastic !
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea who Danny Dyer was and I didn't like him..........loudmouth shouter.

I'm afraid Joe Wilkinson annoys me on this show tho' I quite like him usually...........when I saw him in that big red and white outfit I thought 'oh my God, he's trying too hard to be 'whacky'...............and I switched to Newsnight...........:p

I'd much rather just watch a normal 8 Out of 10 cats

I've never watched Countdown and on the show the Countdown bit doesn't work...............it just slows down the show.

Let's have a normal series of 8 Out Of 10 please................I'm not going to bother with this Countdown version again
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had planned on watching it until i found out Danny Dyer was in it so didn't bother. Looking forward to next weeks.
    I do agree with everyone else about Rachel, she is top class. Also agree they should stop swearing too much as it does spoil it.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Dyer is more of a laugh than any of the TOWIE zlebs that they have on 8-10Cats.

He seems to be a good laugh and doesn't mind having the piss taken whereas with TOWIE and the Chelsea guests have no idea that people are laughing AT them.

He was good on the last series when talking about UFOs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Rachel is so stunning she makes my eyes hurt.

Seems a good laugh too which only makes it worse!
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    I think people misunderstood why Dyer was in dictionary corner. He is an actor who built his career on being the effing and jeffing cockney wide boy. He was just put there to be a bit more intelligent than his film roles, which he is.

I thought it was quite funny.

However i think the show needs to have a bit of structure and scoring etc that is adhered to just to give it a bit of credibility. Its almost there....

Rachel though.....what a perfect woman. Hotter than a McDonalds apple slice but equally seems to be a genuinely nice girl.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell the funny blokes to eff off next week, can we just have Rachel in a very short dress and the kittens ?

Surprised no one's come up with a rude comment about pussy?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually forgot to set the Tivo for this so caught it last night on catchup. god damn did rachel look incredible!

i did laugh out loud when she started talking about pasties and jimmy said "am I actually awake?" :D

it's only 3 episodes of this as far as i'm aware, so that's just about right. i don't generally have a problem with Joe Wilkinson, but i really don't think he's necessary here.

Thought Danny Dyer was also very funny.
  • rojorojo Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Surely having DD on 8 out of 10 does Countdown WAS the joke because of the way he uses English.....there is no pleasing some people!!!!!
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I like 8 put of 10 cats but i prefer the mash up!

8of10c was getting dull. They shortened the time so it got to the point where some weeks there were only two rounds.

Maybe they should try other shows before this gets old.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member

Not puppies then?
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    I've never understood why people seem to hate him so venomously, but here's a couple of bits worth a gander:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBTrS8mKzek

He has a comedy partnership with Diane Morgan called Two Episodes of Mash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGy0Z0zSP9I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeTDy2EHGDc

Were these clips of him being funny :confused: Must have missed that nanosecond then.

Good job we all have different senses of humour ;)
  • smoggieboonsmoggieboon Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Jimmy Carr hosts as Jon Richardson and Rhod Gilbert take on Lee Mack and Rob Beckett. Tim Key is in Dictionary Corner with Susie Dent, and Rachel Riley is assisted by Joe Wilkinson.

Shame Sean Lock isn't on it but I suppose they wanted to change it up a little

why do they insist on having Joe Wilkinson on, his part on the show is so unfunny
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Rhod Gilbert is really good and underrated imo.

Also thought Danny Dyer was fantastic in Dictionary Corner. It was worth tuning in just to hear him say "I go' a noice glottis 'ave I?" and winking at Jimmy :D
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Rachel is so stunning she makes my eyes hurt!

Well they do say that to much.... ahem... 'that' makes you blind
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think C4 were getting lazy doing these all the time but this week's episode was probably the best so far - and the 8 out of 10 kittens doing Jimmy Carr's head in was the funniest thing on TV all year.