Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine partied in the VIP section of Lillys bordello nightclub in dublin with Brandon flowers,.

he was apparently a really lovely guy and she had drinks bought for her all night long
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine partied in the VIP section of Lillys bordello nightclub in dublin with Brandon flowers,.

he was apparently a really lovely guy and she had drinks bought for her all night long

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    I'm unbelievably jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, I hope your friend knows how god damn lucky she is!!!!!!

Just, wow.

My cousins friend met him once and according to the friend he was absolutely lovely and spent ages talking to everyone, even people who didn't know who he was (how they couldn't, I don't know, he is possibly the most beautiful man God has gifted the planet with).

So it's good to know that he genuinely is a nice guy, cos it might have been a one off with my cousins friend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    I'm unbelievably jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, I hope your friend knows how god damn lucky she is!!!!!!

Just, wow.

My cousins friend met him once and according to the friend he was absolutely lovely and spent ages talking to everyone, even people who didn't know who he was (how they couldn't, I don't know, he is possibly the most beautiful man God has gifted the planet with).

So it's good to know that he genuinely is a nice guy, cos it might have been a one off with my cousins friend.

Nope- he's nice to everyone lol! and a total babe to boot! I

My claim to fame is michelle heaton and biance gascoigne in cocoon nightclub in dublin

I'm not quite in the big celeb league yet lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    [/B]

Nope- he's nice to everyone lol! and a total babe to boot! I

My claim to fame is michelle heaton and biance gascoigne in cocoon nightclub in dublin

I'm not quite in the big celeb league yet lol

Well, my biggest claim to fame is meeting Pat from Eastenders. Not quite in the same league as Lord Brandon of Flowers.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've posted this before on another thread so apologies to people who already read it there.

ears ago when star trek the next generation was on TV, i once had the dubious pleasure of meeting chief o'brien aka colm meaney in a hotel foyer... i was only about 12 at the time and was just staring at him, dumb struck at seeing someone from one of my favorite shows in the flesh.

seeing this he all of a sudden gave me a look of disgust and snapped 'yes, yes i'm an actor for f**ks sake' in this ridiculously over-exaggerated lawrence olivier type voice.

i was completely stunned at this reaction and probably looked as though i was about to burst into tears when this woman who had overheard the entire thing piped up saying 'standing in the background on star trek does not make you an actor you obnoxious arse'

he looked like he'd been slapped in the face with a rotten fish

i also met Zooey Deschanel in a coffee shop on the upper west side of manhattan. she was filming Gigantic there. my girlfriend worked as a barista in a coffee shop there and i was helping her open up early one morning when zooey came dashing in looking a coffee as she'd had it with the crappy trailer stuff. she was totally down to earth and really nice. got the most brilliant blue eyes. she stayed a while to get some information on belfast as she knew she'd be filming soon. i said she should give me a yell when she got hear but she never did :(
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member

Lillies? Cocoon?

*tries not to judge Sorcha*
    :D;):p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I mat Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters and Brian May and Rager Taylor from Queen last week.

Brian May was lovely and Taylor Hawkins and the rest of his band, the Coattail Riders, were amazingly friendly. Total dream come true to meet a Foo!!

My daughter had her picture taken with Dani Harmen and Joe Pasquale. They were obviously tired after just performing but they were good to the kids and made my daughter's day.

Lenny Henry was just how you'd imagine, absolutely lovely. So was Leslie Grantham (funnily enough, I wasn't expecting him to be so nice!).

I find that the ones that aren't so famous are the ones with an attitude- Barry Grant from Brookside (!) was a swine! As was the bloke who made the models in the first Clash of the Titans and the one who played a double in the Jason movies! Hmmm!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Lillies? Cocoon?

*tries not to judge Sorcha*
    :D;):p
    !
    Cocoon was actually OK lol!

I wasn't in Lillies
    Forum Member
    !
    Cocoon was actually OK lol!

I wasn't in Lillies

Oh, my mistake! :)
  • therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snooker players:

- Jimmy White (Gentleman)
    - Joe Swail
    - Paul Hunter (Top lad)
    - Alex Higgins (Also was lovely. I also seen him drunk when Jimmy White was playing and he claimed he could go "go up those stairs and beat White with one hand" ::P

Football:

- Neil Lennon in a pub
    - The guy who introduces the soaps here in NI - Julian someone
    Forum Member
    - Paul Hunter (Top lad)

R.I.P. :(
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From my experience it seems that the Emmerdale cast are a lot more nice than the other soap casts. I've heard some terrible things about the Corrie cast.
  • Manic MinerManic Miner Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was working on London Underground back in about 1997, standing by the gates, when Tom Baker came up to me and boomed, rather theatrically "Can You Tell Me How To Get To... BAKER St please???"... so i told him

I had a vague idea who he was, not really a Dr Who fan Im afraid.

:D
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been lucky to meet many artists and actors in my time in Manchester. Many Corrie folks...

Tina O Brien is a victim of "star syndrome". When she started on the show, she was lovely, and I knew her quite well. After the years on the show, she had changed. A shame

John Savident (Fred Elliot) remains the nastiest actor I have ever met. Pompous, rude... a very old-school "do-you-know-who-I-am ac-tor"

Most of the Coro cast are lovely.

I also lived next door to Shaun Ryder for 6 months, and he was a sweetie :)
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jodiemg :) wrote: »

fiz from corrie - saw her in the trafford centre and sed to her your of corrie arent you? and she goes yes i am, and if u dont mind im trying to shop and walked away from me.

You must have either caught her when she was stressed out, or some other factor. Jennie is a pretty good person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always heard Louisa Lytton is really nice :( What did she do?

i met her with my friend who was a big big fan of hers and she had always wanted to meet her, she managed to get a photo with her and in the photo shes turned her head to look at the press etc.

then i took one with her and someones arm got in the way so i asked for another and she said no i have to have photos for the press now!

so rude!
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hardylane wrote: »
    John Savident (Fred Elliot) remains the nastiest actor I have ever met. Pompous, rude... a very old-school "do-you-know-who-I-am ac-tor"

God help you if you're a young male actor in the same room as Savident. The phrase "party hands" comes to mind. A sex pest, to say the least.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amberbabe wrote: »
    i met her with my friend who was a big big fan of hers and she had always wanted to meet her, she managed to get a photo with her and in the photo shes turned her head to look at the press etc.

then i took one with her and someones arm got in the way so i asked for another and she said no i have to have photos for the press now!

so rude!

So basically, you'd already taken two photos with her. And you still complained when she said she had to leave? At the end of the day, you can't expect someone to happily stand around being photographed by (or with) you until the photos are to your satisfaction.

I think there's a world of difference between someone being nasty and someone upsetting you because they didn't hang around for as long as you wanted them to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    So basically, you'd already taken two photos with her. And you still complained when she said she had to leave? At the end of the day, you can't expect someone to happily stand around being photographed by (or with) you until the photos are to your satisfaction.

I think there's a world of difference between someone being nasty and someone upsetting you because they didn't hang around for as long as you wanted them to.

i wasn't expecting that at all, i just think she could have been nicer about the whole situation, she was more bothered about having photographs taken by the press for magazines and papers rather then spending time with the fans, whereas other celebrities there had the complete opposite idea and told the photographers straight that they were currently talking to fans.
  • TakeachancexTakeachancex Posts: 8,029
    Forum Member
    Dermot O'Leary: He is absolutely lovely, such a genuine guy and was having a joke with us all, love him !
    Louis Walsh: He is really funny :o:D
    Keith Lemon/Leigh Francis: I thought he might be a bit of a tw*t but he was genuinely soooo lovely ! Was pleasantly surprised :)
    James Cordon: Very friendly
    JLS: They were in a bit of a rush but Marvin stopped and he was lovely

Eastenders actors:
    Scott Maslen: SUCH a nice guy, really really lovely. I met him at the NTAs whilst behind the bars on the red carpet bit, and whilst most of the celebrities had their drivers drive them up to the top bit, he stopped his driver and got out right at the beginning and walked the rest so he could sign more autographs, pictures. Plus when we took a picture and it didn't turn out right I asked if we could take another one and he was like 'yeah sure :)' soooo sweet (and gorgeous :D)
    Jake Wood: So so lovely
    Thomas Law: Such a sweet guy
    Charlie G Hawkins: Very friendly
    Devon Anderson: Got a bit of a bad vibe off him.. might have just been a bad day though.
    Kara Tointin: Really nice but at first we thought she was ignoring us when we asked for a picture but turns out she just didn't hear us haha
    Adam Woodyatt: He was alright, not particularly friendly but in no way nasty or horrible :)
    June Brown: Lovely lady ! Really friendly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    God help you if you're a young male actor in the same room as Savident. The phrase "party hands" comes to mind. A sex pest, to say the least.

Like when he took that young man who stabbed him back to his house to talk about 'the theatre.' ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Celia Imrie - lovliest lady ever. spent ages chatting and she bought me a drink. such a friendly, chatty, warm person.
  • MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    I've heard so many bad stories about Timmy Mallett, I think it's definitely a case of no smoke without fire!

Very true...

a few years ago I passed him in Camden High Street - just as a kid asked for his autograph and he brusquely told him to "f_ck off" and marched on,,,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very true...

a few years ago I passed him in Camden High Street - just as a kid asked for his autograph and he brusquely told him to "f_ck off" and marched on,,,

to paraphrase timmy, " who the **** is he"

I've never heard of him lol
  • MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    ~rach22uk~ wrote: »
    I did some of the XF tour & found it the opposite way round...Jedward were quite rude and only wanted to speak to their 'regular' fans who followed them round the country...even heard one of them say "Who are all these randoms who think they can ask for a picture?"! lol

Whereas Olly was extremely lovely and gracious everytime...have met him now several times and he's always been lovely above and beyond expectations! Even had a few shout outs on his FB and Twitter afterwards! x

Oh how times have changed...::D

On the Monday of the first week the X Factor finalists were in the house, Mr B & I were having a **** outside a cafe in Golders Green Road when the entire group of boys came by. Jedward bounced up, full of their new found fame, and offered their autographs to Mr B. Mr B didn't have a clue who they were and they simply got his classic dazed and confused look, as I turned away cringing. Nevertheless they progressed onto the Next 'Choice' clothes shop, where the shop assistants came out and were treated to thier autographs (whether they wanted them or not I think :D)