Options

best mascara

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
Forum Member
I'm after a new mascara,particularly a one that will lengthen my lashes.The ones i'm thinking of trying are Lancome hypnose and Dior, my mam swears by Lancome but i'm not too sure.Help!!

Comments

• Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of answers on my old thread here (incuding Lancome and Dior) ......

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1234915&highlight=

and after much testing, my winner was........Rimmel Extra Super Lash. Cheap, cheerful and does what it says on the tube!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always used to use Lancome but it suddenly started to hurt my eyes. After trying just about every mascara going I found that L'Oreal Lash Architect suited me best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I currently use the maybelline falsies one and its brill. Lots of people have asked me if my eyelashes are real which I take as a compliment!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use YSL False Lash Effect Mascara at the moment which gives me huge lashes, love it!! I also love the Diorshow Iconic Mascara which gives me dramatic and long lashes....I don't know if Chanel are still doing this but they have launched a new mascara, you can take away a 7 day complimentary sample away with you, I got it with the foundation I bought and it is a really good mascara! you can add more coats of mascara after the first coat has dried thus giving huge, black lashes....xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    sareypoop wrote: »
    I currently use the maybelline falsies one and its brill. Lots of people have asked me if my eyelashes are real which I take as a compliment!

I'm a serial mascara buyer....I literally buy a different one every time I run out, and 9 times out of 10 end up really disappointed because the mascara doesn't do anything anywhere near as impressive as it says it will. But....i adore Maybelline's The Falsies! It really makes lashes look amazing. And at around £8 it's a bargain. For the first time ever i will be using the same mascara second time around :)

People are all too often swayed by the big brands such as Dior, YSL etc. because they think something with an expensive price tag must be good. This isn't always the case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Factor false lash effect also known in america as Covergirl Lash Blast ;):D
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybelline Lash Stiletto is absolutely brilliant - it lifts, seperates and lengthens beautifully. It makes me look like I have falsies on.
  • Options
    LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_h786 wrote: »
    I use YSL False Lash Effect Mascara at the moment which gives me huge lashes, love it!! I also love the Diorshow Iconic Mascara which gives me dramatic and long lashes....I don't know if Chanel are still doing this but they have launched a new mascara, you can take away a 7 day complimentary sample away with you, I got it with the foundation I bought and it is a really good mascara! you can add more coats of mascara after the first coat has dried thus giving huge, black lashes....xx

I LOVE YSL False Effect Mascara - I've used it for the last 7 years or so and it's the only one I come back to constantly. I love the beeswax in it as it keeps your lashes really soft even with the mascara on and it doesn't flake or run.

I even love the smell! :)
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Factor False Lash Effect
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sareypoop wrote: »

That stuff is amazing.

Am also loving the L'Oreal one in a gold tube.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loreal Telescopic
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Max Factor False Lash Effect

I use this and I love it. Makes my lashes look fabulous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE YSL False Effect Mascara - I've used it for the last 7 years or so and it's the only one I come back to constantly. I love the beeswax in it as it keeps your lashes really soft even with the mascara on and it doesn't flake or run.

Yeah, I'm really tempted to buy this again or the new Chanel Intimitable one when my current tube runs out, the complimentary sample I tried gave me really good results!...didn't know it had beeswax...me too, its a really nice scent, pleasant and not overpowering!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ended up buying Diorshow Extase today. Will my £21.50 be worth it? I'll find out tomorrow...
  • Options
    LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not used to make -up as i'm a late starter but The Body Shop's divide and multiply is wonderful! Shame they charge silly places and forget they are a HIGH STREET SHOP and not a premium brand like Lancome or Clarins .
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_h786 wrote: »

See I don't love the YSL False Lash Effect. I stupidly bought some recently to replace my Hypnose because I'd forgotten why I didn't like it. Now I remember: it's nothing like as good as Hypnose, and looks like ordinary mascara. It's a bit dry & prone to going gritty & blobby. Plus I don't like the brush.

I think Dior Iconic is better, but Hypnose is still the one I find the best.
  • Options
    shakeyershammyshakeyershammy Posts: 18,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Max Factor's False Lash Effect Mascara. It's great, just one coat really lengthens and thickens my lashes and I go for a few coats if I want to vamp it up for a more dramatic look. It's only around a tenner, too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fav is also Max Factor's false lash affect- only one i use these days! One coat doesn't make it look like falsies- but it does wonders- thickens, lenghtens etc.
    Use more than one coat for a more dramatic effect :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coolgirl wrote: »
    Max Factor false lash effect also known in america as Covergirl Lash Blast ;):D

Ooh i didnt know they were the same thing- thanks! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Thanks girls for your answers,I also use max factor false lash effect but I find it too big to hold.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Maybelline Lash Stiletto is absolutely brilliant - it lifts, seperates and lengthens beautifully. It makes me look like I have falsies on.

I recently bought this to try it out, I have been converted now.
    Definitely the best mascara I've used yet. My eyelashes are quite short and thin, but they look dramatically different after a few coats of this.
    Highly recommend it to anyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohgod the Dior mascara is amazing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I use Dior Extase (or whatever the new one is called lol) and I love it!! Fabulous lashes after using this, Great for during the day and a extra coat gives the extra drama needed for a night on the towm :D
  • Options
    *Italiagirl**Italiagirl* Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    pazwaz wrote: »
    Thanks girls for your answers,I also use max factor false lash effect but I find it too big to hold.

It is isnt it! I find the cheaper ones are the better oddly enough, im one of those people who has to have mascara on even just popping to the shop! I recently got million lash one for about £10 and thought it was rubbish, and got a £6 one from avon and it was loads better...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colleen822 wrote: »
    I use Dior Extase (or whatever the new one is called lol) and I love it!! Fabulous lashes after using this, Great for during the day and a extra coat gives the extra drama needed for a night on the towm :D

That's the one I got. Bliddy amazing :D