Regretted album purchases this year?

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
have you purchased any albums this year that you wish you hadnt?

Mine has to be Rihanna - Unapologetic.
I wish i had just downloaded diamonds and loveeeeee song.
I have all her albums, and to me its as if each one she releases gets poorer and poorer.

I was going to add will.i.ams to the list, but realised its not that bad, you just need to be in the right mood!

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH i've not bought and album i've yet to dislike this year :p

Last year though Carly Rae's-kiss an utterly dreadful album :o
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think with Rihanna she needs to stop releasing an album every year. All of them are rush released. At least with Christina Aguilera/Alicia Keys leaving it two to three years makes the act and album fresh.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I haven't bought any albums I've regretted buying this year and that includes older albums I might have bought at a college CD fair :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Last year Rihanna and Chris Brown. This year I have bought good ones
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think with Rihanna she needs to stop releasing an album every year. All of them are rush released. At least with Christina Aguilera/Alicia Keys leaving it two to three years makes the act and album fresh.

But part of christian's problem was the gap between albums. Between BTB and Bionic was 4 years and in that time Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry all cam out and pushed aside the old order of pop princesses. I see the sense it what your saying but it is more benficial for Riri to just keep going.

And i like Unapologetic much better than TTT.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stooshe's album, God it's awful, such a disappointment, I was eagerly awaiting it and quite frankly it sucked, the songs were just so bland.
  • SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah yeah yeah's album - a real letdown by a band I've enjoyed all their previous material by.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    i bought ministry of sound the annual :sleep: iv'e already got most of the songs -.- :sleep:
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Rihannas Unapologetic. I bought it on the fact I considered myself a pretty big Rihanna fan and own all her previous albums. It's one of the worst albums I've bought in a long time and one I highly doubt i'll listen to again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Daft Punk - Random Access Memories, I just can't bear to listen to more than two of the songs!! (Get Lucky & Fragments of Time)
    everything else ive bought has been rather pleasant
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna's Unapologetic
    Forum Member
    Forgot to mention that in 2008 I bought Sugababes' Catfights and Spotlights album expecting great things and apart from a couple of songs the album was so boring :yawn: It only cost me £6.99 in Asda in Wales though (I picked it up on a short weekend trip to the UK)
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention that in 2008 I bought Sugababes' Catfights and Spotlights album expecting great things and apart from a couple of songs the album was so boring :yawn: It only cost me £6.99 in Asda in Wales though (I picked it up on a short weekend trip to the UK)

That was a really bad album.
    Though I expected it to be with a lead single like `girls`.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Rihannas Unapologetic. I bought it on the fact I considered myself a pretty big Rihanna fan and own all her previous albums. It's one of the worst albums I've bought in a long time and one I highly doubt i'll listen to again.

I have heard a few songs online from the album a number of times and I just don't get it. Awful in my opinion, and I have most of her other albums. I don't think that I'll be adding this one to my collection.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rihanna deffo, only one decent song on the album, diamonds
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I loved it!:eek:
    I thought it was a great vocal album.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Rihanna's new album. Very mature

I actually download leaks or listen to albums on you tube to see if i like it, before i buy it. That way to avoid buying albums i don't like.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I loved it!:eek:
    I thought it was a great vocal album.

Fair enough, but I thought it was a step down for them. Sugababes used to be different from all the other girl groups out there and then their music became a bit generic. Angels With Dirty Faces was one of their best albums IMO.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I bought unapologetic I love it and I hate Rihanna :o
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did not like the Bastille album. I loved Flaws last year, and took to Pompeii as soon as I heard it. Couldn't get into the album at all except for about two other songs, and found the singer's voice really grating through a whole album. And I cant bear to hear Pompeii anymore, totally overplayed.
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie Williams Take The Crown, love Candy but the rest was a huge let down.