Options

Judges marking

RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Arlene did say one thing yesterday in which I am in total agreement..
Arlene rapped the judges for scoring too highly. She said: "Everyone boos Craig Revel Horwood when he gives out a two - but if you hand out an eight on week one, where is there to go?"

I think we had the same discussion last "season".
I suppose you could argue that every week is different, therefore a 7 or 8 this week is different to a similar score in weeks to come. Personally, I would prefer that the score reflected the quality throughout the series..even taking past series into account if possible. Using that method, in the early weeks, a score of 3 might be average, 4 would be perfectly respectable, a 5 good and a 6 excellent. In the later weeks the scores of 9 or 10 should be reserved for perfection, or near-perfection. Last year we had 10's thrown around like confetti towards the end of the series.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,542
    Forum Member
    We had 9s week 1 last year so it's not that bad so far.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Arlene, along with Craig, was the only one prepared to score more severely in the opening weeks.

We will be in a position where we will have 3 out of the 4 judges awarding 7s and 8s for practically everything in the next few weeks.

It makes it difficult to distinguish between the celebrities.

I've sometimes thought Craig too harsh and Len/Bruno overly generous. Arlene's marks were the ones I usually agreed with most.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Arlene, along with Craig, was the only one prepared to score more severely in the opening weeks.

but Arlene was one of the first to give a 10!
    She "overmarked" when she liked certain celebs..
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Yeah, we all knew that.
    Obvious, innit?
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the judges marked lower than previous years.