Options

Question about series seven/50th anniversary.

brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
Forum Member
So, I'm pretty confused about what's happening this series. They're splitting series seven, five episodes this year and then the rest next year. So will the remaining episodes of series seven be part of the 50th anniversary or are they doing individual episodes for the 50th anniversary? This is why I don't like it when the BBC split the series, it gets so confusing for me haha. If someone could explain it to me, that would be very helpful :)

Oh and another question, will they release the complete series seven on DVD? Because again, I got confused when they did the complete specials, I didn't know whether they was just going to sell the specials individually or as a complete set. I started getting the specials individually and then I found out that they was selling them all together -__- so I don't want to make the same mistake with series seven, if you get where I'm coming from.

Comments

• Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    IIRC there'll be the remaining S7 episodes early next year, then some specials around the anniversary itself.

Given that Moffat has promised "more Who than ever" (though that could be outdated info...), I'd expect at least four hours worth of Who (since given that we're sure to get a Chrimbo special, not counting the specials we're four 45-minute episodes short of the usual level) - at a guess, I'd say two 2-hour specials.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 7
    5 Episodes from Sept 1st to Sept 29th 2012
    Christmas Special 25th Dec 2012
    8 Episodes Early 2013.

After that it's a bit unclear, some reports say that there will be a number of Specials in 2013 and Series 8 will not air till 2014 while others talk about a 2013/2014 series suggesting that Series 8 is split in the same way as Series 7.
    brettriot wrote: »
    Oh and another question, will they release the complete series seven on DVD?
    I believe the first five eps will be released on DVD before Christmas then I'm guessing the rest of the series will be released next year.

There will of course be a complete Series 7 DVD released as well (after Easter I would guess) and hopefully containing the upcoming and the previous Christmas Specials.