EastEnders - Kathy Beale returns (Merged)

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
Forum Member
✭✭
I have questioned the theory myself over the couple of weeks, in the past ive always said NO WAY but now I am seriously seriously wondering IF DTC is really going to bring back Kathy Beale?

Others are questioning the same. Would they really do it?

Is Kathy Beale about to return to EE? 383 votes

Yes - It looks like she is coming back
45% 173 votes
No - They wouldnt do it!
33% 128 votes
Unsure
21% 82 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Quite possible I think!
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I think so, and I think Ben was with her on Good Friday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Is the actress avaliable at moment, is she still in HO? Excuse me for not knowing. I don't watch HO
  • Kenzie70Kenzie70 Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see why she would let her son come back and stay with Phil all those years ago though. And also let Ian believe she was dead.
  • EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the forum can only hope
    but realistically its unlikely
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Is the actress avaliable at moment, is she still in HO? Excuse me for not knowing. I don't watch HO

I think she left HO a while ago.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem set up for it, but perhaps it's been done purely to have us all speculate about it. It would be totally ridiculous if she came back after all of this time.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I have questioned the theory myself over the couple of weeks, in the past ive always said NO WAY but now I am seriously seriously wondering IF DTC is really going to bring back Kathy Beale?

Others are questioning the same. Would they really do it?

As already posted in oanother thread.

There is a return at Ian and Jane's wedding. One resident will not be happy to see the returnee.

This makes me think it could be Kathy with Sharon not happy to see her. Reason Kathy was once married to Phil and would feel threatened by her return. Sharon could think that Kathy being back again may lead to Phil falling back in love with here again.

DTC has not let on that it will be Kathy coming back as it would be a HUGE unexpected return.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That or Cindy Beale is another possibility.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The forum would genuinely explode if Kathy returned. But I very, very much doubt it's going to happen.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think DTC will be pissed if DS crack his big surprise :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    As already posted in oanother thread.

There is a return at Ian and Jane's wedding. One resident will not be happy to see the returnee.

This makes me think it could be Kathy with Sharon not happy to see her. Reason Kathy was once married to Phil and would feel threatened by her return. Sharon could think that Kathy being back again may lead to Phil falling back in love with here again.

DTC has not let on that it will be Kathy coming back as it would be a HUGE unexpected return.

I don't think Sharon would be unhappy to see her, she known Kathy a long time, she was her mother's best friend, I can't remember if she patched it up with her after Sharongate but I doubt she would be unhappy, Phil and Kathy was over for years.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathy is not returning. Don't know where this is coming from.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Kathy is not returning. Don't know where this is coming from.

Sorry mr. production team member
  • Padraig_O_ConnoPadraig_O_Conno Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Yes because out of nowhere Phil returns to Albert Square and his objective is to tell Ian something not concerned about Nick/Ronnie/Sharon.

Obviously This is Big and I think it is proof that Ben possibly Jay didnt kill Lucy because he was with Kathy who faked her death and is actually alive and well.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be Kathy, so much slots into place. Don't forget Adam actually said last week as soon as the Lucy story ends he has a new storyline that is a big risk and he hoped the show would be able to pull it off.

Take from that what you will....
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Yeah right - it'll be something about Ben being a drug dealer or involved in Lucy's death somehow...well not her death but just him and Lucy. You will be disappointed as always, folks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I don't think Sharon would be unhappy to see her, she known Kathy a long time, she was her mother's best friend, I can't remember if she patched it up with her after Sharongate but I doubt she would be unhappy, Phil and Kathy was over for years.

Sharon hasn't seen Kathy since she first departed in 1995!!

Kathy left in 1998 and made two appearances in 1999 and 2000 - both years Sharon wasn't around.
  • Cloudy SnakeCloudy Snake Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Why did you make a thread when it was already being debated in another?

Egotitical users just do what you want dont you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Sharon hasn't seen Kathy since she first departed in 1995!!

Kathy left in 1998 and made two appearances in 1999 and 2000 - both years Sharon wasn't around.

It still doesn't mean she would be unhappy! others would have more reason to be like her own son, tbh I doubt it applies to Kathy (if she is actually returning) it probably something to do with The Carters or maybe even Steven Beale where is he in all this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be Kathy, so much slots into place. Don't forget Adam actually said last week as soon as the Lucy story ends he has a new storyline that is a big risk and he hoped the show would be able to pull it off.

Take from that what you will....

If DTC is able to undo past mistakes by bringing back original character Kathy Beale/Mitchell to our screen he will go down as one of the best producers EE has ever had.

It would also show that he has a pair unlike Santer and Birkwood who decided not to bring her back somehow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of a truly BIG return that can shock and excite, and lets be honest it has to be something like that for the 30th, there are only a limited number of characters it could be

Angie due to offscreen death meaning she could still be alive (which i think is very unlikely tbh)
    Kathy (offscreen death, could still be alive)
    Cindy (offscreen death, could still be alive)
    Grant (in my opinion wouldn't have that big a shock value as he did come back before)
    Michelle

Thats about it. You obviously couldn't bring back Pat or Dirty Den now, which is a massive shame

I think its Kathy or Cindy
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Where is this crackpot nonsense coming from ???
    This is not Hollyoaks
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I thought Gillian Taylforth had agreed to do guest appearances every few months for Hollyoaks - and that she quit to spend time with her family?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually wouldn't be averse to it but how would they explain why Kathy abandoned ben for years?