Showing off - new kitten!

cikacika Posts: 3,936
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I posted on here a few weeks ago about my Siamese grieving for her lifelong companion who had just died and although at the time I wasn't sure about getting another cat, I decided she needed a companion - Siamese are sociable cats. I looked at getting a rescue but there weren't any who could live with another cat and be an indoor cat, so a kitten it was, and today he was ready to leave home. Kasha ... happy as long as he's on my lap, freaked out when he's not. The Siamese is sulking under the duvet.

2zzrbr4.jpg

jk9hl1.jpg

10r64yf.jpg

Comments

• Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    I posted on here a few weeks ago about my Siamese grieving for her lifelong companion who had just died and although at the time I wasn't sure about getting another cat, I decided she needed a companion - Siamese are sociable cats. I looked at getting a rescue but there weren't any who could live with another cat and be an indoor cat, so a kitten it was, and today he was ready to leave home. Kasha ... happy as long as he's on my lap, freaked out when he's not. The Siamese is sulking under the duvet.

2zzrbr4.jpg

jk9hl1.jpg

10r64yf.jpg
    Gorgeous! Thanks for posting the pics. Hope the introduction went as well as could be.
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awww what a cutie, he is just gorgeous.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Very cute, love the last picture - the concentration as he bats the toy!

I'm sure your other cat will come round soon and you'll find them asleep together in a big ball!
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very cute, love the last picture - the concentration as he bats the toy!

I'm sure your other cat will come round soon and you'll find them asleep together in a big ball!

That's the plan! He's just gone to hide in one of the covered 'cave' beds and she thinks it's OK to get up and gave a drink and a look around. Could be useful if he can watch her while he feels safe and she can have a proper cuddle.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh what a cutie!

hope your Siamese comes out of hiding soon and discovers she has a potential new BFF
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    oh what a cutie!

hope your Siamese comes out of hiding soon and discovers she has a potential new BFF

She spent a day sulking and then realised she might be missing something. She's desperate to play with him now and they've just started tentatively getting to know each other. Such fun to watch but I'm never going to get any work done!
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    She spent a day sulking and then realised she might be missing something. She's desperate to play with him now and they've just started tentatively getting to know each other. Such fun to watch but I'm never going to get any work done!

She's a beaut. I'm so glad it's working out so well for you. They'll soon be as thick as thieves. Please keep us updated. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help but smile when I see pic's like those, he's lovely. :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely but a little terror. He's just knocked a load of DVDs off the shelf after eating the older cat's supper as well as his own. He's certainly settled in quickly!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

oh thats great news, curiosity has gotten the better of her - sounds like she will be just fine with her new playmate
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to round the thread off, three weeks after Kasha came to stay ...

64pkw7.jpg

345gbqb.jpg

oadlpw.jpg

(Please ignore the tooth marks and claw snags in what a couple of weeks ago was a perfectly good pair of jeggings!)
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oadlpw.jpg

Rather an inelegant sprawl, but I'm assuming that he finds it comfortable!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerraCanis wrote: »
    Rather an inelegant sprawl, but I'm assuming that he finds it comfortable!

:D

One of his more graceful poses. He looks sleek and elegant but picture Bambi on ice. Only kitten I've met who can fall off the floor. Apparently it's characteristic of the breed, which is reassuring but doesn't help the blood pressure!
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

2zzrbr4.jpg

jk9hl1.jpg

10r64yf.jpg

He is really cute cika congratulations I hope you have many happy years together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha, it's nice to see them cuddled up together.:kitty::kitty:
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous pictures, thanks for sharing them!
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the photograph of Cika and Kasha sleeping together. How wonderful that they have taken to each other so well - even if Cika's tail is a little tempting at times ;-)
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Lovely pictures cika. I am so pleased it's worked out so well for you all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone - Kasha has won both our hearts although Cika has to smack him several times a day to keep him in check. He does try and take liberties with her, especially with her tail, but she's teaching him manners.