2011 official line up

Comments

• *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most interesting person on the line-up is Craig McLaughlan. I don't think they should have invited Kerry onto the show until after she'd proven she had pulled herself together for more than five minutes, and half of those listed are famous for dodgy reasons. I'm thinking mainly of Madley junior and the one who is there because of a footballer.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magu21189 wrote: »

Vey early days but Jeff, Craig, Nadia and Elen are the ones catching my attention at the minute, but that could easily change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So thats the big unveling is it?, every year the announcement gets more and more underwhelming, no mention of which Pro's " the glittering line" up of celebs are paired with.
    It's just another line up of people who are trying to reserect their flagging TV careers or make a name for themselves. After the excitement of this years SCD I am going to find it hard to summon up any enthusiasm to watch this lot! :(
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    the line up isn't that bad tbh, kerry katona is one of the biggest names they have ever had !, not for the best reasons though but she is still a big name.

and a show like dancing on ice is never going to get the BIG BIG a list stars to sign up are they ?.

i think the list is quite good. i actually think kerry katona could do quite well !
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    number six wrote: »
    So thats the big unveling is it?, every year the announcement gets more and more underwhelming, no mention of which Pro's " the glittering line" up of celebs are paired with.
    It's just another line up of people who are trying to reserect their flagging TV careers or make a name for themselves. After the excitement of this years SCD I am going to find it hard to summon up any enthusiasm to watch this lot! :(

They should have learnt from SCD that its Quality not Quantity that theses shows need. Frank Lampards ex Girlfriend FFS!!:(
    the line up isn't that bad tbh, kerry katona is one of the biggest names they have ever had !, not for the best reasons though but she is still a big name.
    !

She is more infamous than famous!
    She tried to get on SCD but they didn't think she was suitable given her recent bouts with drugs.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    It gets worse Richard and Judys daughter!!!!:mad:
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    They should have learnt from SCD that its Quality not Quantity that theses shows need. Frank Lampards ex Girlfriend!!:(
    That's what I think too. My friends and I are of the opinion that one of the best things about being famous would be the opportunity to go on a show like Dancing on Ice, and they have got some very respectable names on there, but their eagerness to extend the show means standards have dropped a lot over the last couple of series, which can only come back to haunt them when they recruit next year.
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no interest in this ITV copy cat show. SCD is the best and DOI will never match it.

As others have hinted...they have too many z list celebs...I mean Chloe Maddeley. Why is she there? Because of her parents! The only two I would be vaguely interested in are Craig and Jeff.

I now know why ITv gave Kerry a telly show...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of them I have never heard of.
  • teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen better be a Head Coach as well as Judge. I'm not watching a panel with Jason, Emma and Robin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not watching at all. I can't bare any x factor style shows from itv. I cant stand the Schof or Willowtree either.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    I was just going to post this to say that Jennifer Metcalfe is confirmed. But it's already been done! :D

the link anyway

:)
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The line up is looking a bit more balanced this year I have to say

No clear winner from day 1, but I have a feeling the soldier could get a large chunk of the vote. But why bring a soldier in in the first place, he's not exactly a celebrity is he
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    The most interesting person on the line-up is Craig McLaughlan. I don't think they should have invited Kerry onto the show until after she'd proven she had pulled herself together for more than five minutes, and half of those listed are famous for dodgy reasons. I'm thinking mainly of Madley junior and the one who is there because of a footballer.

I agree. Madeley junior and the WAG aren't famous are they? :confused:

My faves are Craig, Steven and Sam, but I'll support anyone who deserves it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    4 getting voted off before they get the chance to compete? hmm, not sure how that one is going to work.
    3 judges, only one of which knows anything about skating!? surely they can't be scoring out of 18..that's such an odd number, maybe the marks will be changed to range from 1-10.

Not too keen on the line up, the barrel is well and truly being scraped now. If I remember correctly, the show is only licensed until 2011, with a z list line up like this, it deserves to be the last series!! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 getting voted off before they get the chance to compete? hmm, not sure how that one is going to work.
    3 judges, only one of which knows anything about skating!? surely they can't be scoring out of 18..that's such an odd number, maybe the marks will be changed to range from 1-10.

Not too keen on the line up, the barrel is well and truly being scraped now. If I remember correctly, the show is only licensed until 2011, with a z list line up like this, it deserves to be the last series!! :(

I really hope it doesn't go! :( I think putting Faye in would have helped. At least most people know who she is.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    here's how i think it will go.

week 1: Boy's...
    all 8 boys perform, none get scored just a public vote. top 6 go through, the two with the least amount of votes get eliminated.

week 2: Girl's...
    all 8 girls perform, none get score just a public vote. top 6 go through, the two with the least amount of votes get eliminated.

week 3: All Contestant's
    all 12 couples perform, all get scored plus public vote. the bottom two in the skate off to be decided by the judges.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Why sign up the biggest skank in the land Katona?

Makes this programme even more unwatchable
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I think Johnson Beharry will get quite far :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The thing is, there are only so many celebs available aren't there...and shows like Strictly, Dancing On Ice and the Jungle are using them all up. Itv ought to lose the jungle and just keep one celeb focused show...increasing the pool available slightly.

I hope it is axed. It isn't needed. Strictly is enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Johnson Beharry will get quite far :)

What does the soldier have to gain by winning though :confused:

It's not as if he can just move into a presenting or singing career
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »
    The thing is, there are only so many celebs available aren't there...and shows like Strictly, Dancing On Ice and the Jungle are using them all up. Itv ought to lose the jungle and just keep one celeb focused show...increasing the pool available slightly.

I hope it is axed. It isn't needed. Strictly is enough.

For you, maybe. But I only watch DOI from the 3 you said!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    I don't watch this show, but I think it's hilarious that I can split the line-up into two distinct sections:

Heard of:
    Jeff Brazier
    Vanilla Ice
    Denise Welch
    Chloe Madeley (unfortunately)
    Nadia Sawalha
    Angela Rippon
    Kerry Katona

Never heard of:
    Craig McLachlan
    ‘Comedy Dave’ Vitty
    Johnson Beharry VC
    Sam Attwater
    Steven Arnold
    Dominic Cork
    Laura Hamilton
    Jennifer Metcalfe
    Elen Rivas

Hardly celebs, are they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard of:
    • Jeff Brazier
    • Vanilla Ice
    • Denise Welch
    • Chloe Madeley
    • Nadia Sawalha
    • Angela Rippon
    • Kerry Katona
    • Steven Arnold
    • Jennifer Metcalfe
    • Dominic Cork
    • Craig McLachlan
    • Elen Rivas

Never heard of:
    • ‘Comedy Dave’ Vitty
    • Johnson Beharry VC (Don't know why he was asked to go on)
    • Sam Attwater
    • Laura Hamilton