Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all have different names? I was sure they would all be Clara Oswin Oswald, with Oswin dropping the first name Clara. And I assumed modern Clara would have the same accent as Oswin.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    They all have different names? I was sure they would all be Clara Oswin Oswald, with Oswin dropping the first name Clara. And I assumed modern Clara would have the same accent as Oswin.

If her tiny scene in The Snowmen is anything to go by, I think she does actually but yeah, all versions are Clara Oswin Oswald.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not an actual spoiler, but someone might find it interesting. :)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21506855
  • nydernyder Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's actually really interesting. I don't believe that a writer can be too adult for Doctor Who. Would be interesting to see what he could do with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyder wrote: »
    That's actually really interesting. I don't believe that a writer can be too adult for Doctor Who. Would be interesting to see what he could do with it.

The original drafts of The Doctor's Daughter were toned down for the same reason - a good showrunner could take the material and soften it, if needs be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original drafts of The Doctor's Daughter were toned down for the same reason - a good showrunner could take the material and soften it, if needs be.
    Ooh what was originally supposed to happen in it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh what was originally supposed to happen in it?

Nothing was specified in DWM, but apparently it originally read like a brutal war movie meets Children Of Men, so they did a bit of work on making it a little more Saturday-night friendly. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing was specified in DWM, but apparently it originally read like a brutal war movie meets Children Of Men, so they did a bit of work on making it a little more Saturday-night friendly. :)
    That would have been better, although it's pretty good anyway IMO. I don't know why most people on here hate it. :)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks for that, Sophie. It's always good to find out about these unlikely fans of DW. :D
    That would have been better, although it's pretty good anyway IMO. I don't know why most people on here hate it. :)

Me neither. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't sure where to put this but Blogtorwho has recently said this in a tweet '#Cantbelievewhotheycastasthetwelfthhdoctor' hmmm what
    Forum Member
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    Wasn't sure where to put this but Blogtorwho has recently said this in a tweet '#Cantbelievewhotheycastasthetwelfthhdoctor' hmmm what

Just seen a similar post on GB.

So far, I don't think it means anything significant.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm sounds like more typical Blogtor who attention seeking. I quite liked the site but the more popular it got the more insufferable he became and had to stop following on Twitter as he seemed like a complete dick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must be finally getting the rumour about Ricky Gervais taking over after Moffat :D

If it is on there now it MUST be true.

And my name is John and I also thought the Doctor's Daughter was pretty good too. My friends would probably have had an intervention for me because of this but..... I don't have any friends because I'm a Doctor who fan :(

Really though- I did think it was good. A little niggle was that I did think the dates should have been a little bit longer though, because it didn't explain why the old(er) guy got to be older. All the other clones were made to be youngish fighting sorta age. Or maybe he was lying about not knowing anything because he felt guilty? I dunno- It's been ages since I've seen it so I've probably forgotten lots of it:) If they'd only been going a week surely someone would have survived a few days at least. Maybe should have made it a month or 2 months and not have an older character in there. Would people have liked it then? It was just a small niggle for me, but maybe others thought it was a bigger flaw?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CultBox has just tweeted, think it clarifies they were being ironic.

Blogtor Who ‏@BlogtorWho
    Off to meet my buddy @CultBoxTV for an afternoon drinky. And maybe some Who chat...#cantbelievewhotheycastasthetwelfthdoctor

post drinks ...26 mins ago

CultBox ‏@CultBoxTV
    @BlogtorWho Haha I think that's actually the only Doctor Who subject we didn't get around to discussing! Next time!
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio Times Guide to the 50th.

Most stuff already known but there's a couple of new things below.
    That’s just the start...

For later this year, there are rumours of a convention, documentaries on BBC3, a Culture Show special on BBC2, an edition of Sue MacGregor’s The Reunion on Radio 4... the Time Lord’s golden anniversary is going to take over the BBC. And there’ll be no let-up for Steven Moffat and his team. To dispel any rumours of doubt, our sources confirm that after filming the anniversary, they’ll be girding themselves for a Christmas special, then series eight and beyond…

Forum Member
    It'll be interesting to see what they do for the Christmas special this year.

The Snowmen was such high quality that I hope Moffat doesn't let us down and give another case of The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Hmmm sounds like more typical Blogtor who attention seeking. I quite liked the site but the more popular it got the more insufferable he became and had to stop following on Twitter as he seemed like a complete dick.

Aw. Poor Cameron. I like him. He hasn't annoyed me. But then I don't use Twitter so maybe I'm out of the loop.
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

The Snowmen was such high quality that I hope Moffat doesn't let us down and give another case of The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe.

I liked the hint that it will be connected with the annversary special story. That way he can give us a two part anniversary special and a Christmas special while at the same time only giving us only one anniversary special and one Christmas special. A trick he probably learnt by watching the fourth Doctor show Leela those two boxes.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Aw. Poor Cameron. I like him. He hasn't annoyed me. But then I don't use Twitter so maybe I'm out of the loop.

Indeed. Quite unfair of me looking back on it as you don't know someone through Twitter. I just found his Twitter persona got a bit irksome especially once he started to get rewarded for his sterling work previously. I dunno. I think I should stay away from Twitter full stop as I had to stop folllowing Ben Cook and DW ONline for similar reasons.

I still follow Levine though and always will. God bless his cotton socks. A giant of a man!
    Forum Member
    nebogipfel wrote: »

He's fine by me. I didn't take that tweet seriously anyways.

He's harmless.:)
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member

What is it with people these days - Genesis not only threw in a gas attack - thereby showing the brutality of the WWI trenches, but included Genocide but was an allegory to the rise of Hitler and Nazism, slave work camps and the experiments of Dr. Joseph Mengele.
    Forum Member
    What is it with people these days - Genesis not only threw in a gas attack - thereby showing the brutality of the WWI trenches, but included Genocide but was an allegory to the rise of Hitler and Nazism, slave work camps and the experiments of Dr. Joseph Mengele.

The sixties stories didn't shy from the true horror of the world either. Right from the start the crew were in a cave of actual skulls, then went to a post nuclear world (in 1964, not so long after Cuba) , human sacrifice for political reasons hiding behind religious belief, madame guillotine, slavery, gladiatorial combat, people selling out other people for food. Hartnell's companions went through hell! The Saturday teatime audience back then had strong stomachs.
  • bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

He won't let me down if he does another episode like that at all...I love that episode! A really good quality episode :D I really, really didn't like the Snowmen - opposite end of the quality spectrum in my mind; none whatsoever....:o Another ep like that would really start to make me lose faith in the Moff. I really hope the Snowmen was a one-off drop in quality...I'm looking forward to his S7b eps and the 50th though....

I don't want him to let me down :(....it's only happened twice before (Snowmen and Girl in the Fireplace being those eps)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbll22 wrote: »
    He won't let me down if he does another episode like that at all...I love that episode! A really good quality episode :D I really, really didn't like the Snowmen - opposite end of the quality spectrum in my mind; none whatsoever....:o Another ep like that would really start to make me lose faith in the Moff. I really hope the Snowmen was a one-off drop in quality...I'm looking forward to his S7b eps and the 50th though....

I don't want him to let me down :(....it's only happened twice before (Snowmen and Girl in the Fireplace being those eps)

The Snowmen and The Girl In The Fireplace are fantastic episodes.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    bbll22 wrote: »

So... you like episodes where there is no actual threat, and hate those eps where the threat is prevalent throughout... duely noted.
This discussion has been closed.