Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what are the issue dates for Radio Times next few weeks

on sale dates are

November 18
    November 25
    Saturday November 29
    Thursday December 4
    Double issue on sale in south east on Saturday December 6 and rest of country by December 9

Subscribers could get the issue before the double issue couple of days early like last year
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    marke09 wrote: »
    on sale dates are

November 18
    November 25
    Saturday November 29
    Thursday December 4
    Double issue on sale in south east on Saturday December 6 and rest of country by December 9

Subscribers could get the issue before the double issue couple of days early like last year

Always know Christmas is coming when you get the RTs coming out early and sitting on shelves at the same time, with the mahoosive dates on the cover so as not to confuse people :)
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    Always know Christmas is coming when you get the RTs coming out early and sitting on shelves at the same time, with the mahoosive dates on the cover so as not to confuse people :)

And, rather ironically, you get some newsagents who don't stock them so as not to confuse people.
  • Tigger2013Tigger2013 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Hello,

Has any one got any idea when the lead up issues and the christmas edition is released? I did ask before but cannot find my post.

Many Thanks
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tigger2013 wrote: »
    Hello,

Has any one got any idea when the lead up issues and the christmas edition is released? I did ask before but cannot find my post.

Many Thanks

If you look three posts up you will get the info you wanted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Anyone in Swansea and the surrounding area will be interested to know that The Wave is launching it's Christmas radio channel online and on DAB radio on Monday- yay!
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone in Swansea and the surrounding area will be interested to know that The Wave is launching it's Christmas radio channel online and on DAB radio on Monday- yay!

I know you're new but what's that got to do with a thread about the Radio Times Christmas issue?
  • Callum_Preciou2Callum_Preciou2 Posts: 144
    Forum Member

Very interesting, eh
  • Anthony_RyanAnthony_Ryan Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I know you're new but what's that got to do with a thread about the Radio Times Christmas issue?

vauxhall1964 this thread is as wizzywick has said all about anything to do with Christmas of which the Radio Times is a part of !
    Forum Member

If you look back, someone posted about Christmas radio stations and one happens to be in Swansea so i was mearly stating when it was starting.
  • StebeeStebee Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    smokeycat wrote: »
    Just looking at your web site... Last year The Snowman was on Christmas Day.
    I think I prefer to watch it in the build up to Christmas, so I hope this year they show it on Christmas Eve, or even the 23rd.

I'm with you on that. I would much rather watch it on Christmas Eve than the big day itself.
  • arunan22arunan22 Posts: 1,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all, apologies if this has been announced/discussed already but have the BBC confirmed which Disney/Pixar films they will be showing on Xmas Day/Boxing Day/NYD yet?
    Forum Member
    arunan22 wrote: »
    Hello all, apologies if this has been announced/discussed already but have the BBC confirmed which Disney/Pixar films they will be showing on Xmas Day/Boxing Day/NYD yet?

I think someone said Brave but not sure yet as nothing's been announced just yet.
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    Details of Michael McIntyre's Christmas Special 'Michael McIntyre's Very Chrisrmassy Christmas Show'

http://www.applausestore.com/book-michael-mcIntyre%E2%80%99s-very-christmassy-christmas-show

Sounds like it is being lined up for the big day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 49 December 6 - 12 programme info is now available - never known them to release info on a Sunday before
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Guess the Cover of the Christmas Radio Times Competition Update

Anthony_Ryan : A traditional nativity scene.

Midsblue : Father Christmas holding a gift/sack from which tokens of TV and film being shown over the period are emerging i.e. Tardis, Midwife, Strictly etc etc

marke09 : Santa taking a selfie of himself reading the Radio Times

marysvevo : An illustration of a winter scene (snowy village, houses etc).

pedrok : A Christmas tree, all bright and festive, in a typical WW1 trench with something such as a British and German soldiers hat sitting side by side signifying that moment of peace.

jackc1806 : The Miranda cast in festive costume.

Pizzatheaction : A big red bauble taking up most of the cover

wizzywick : A subtle re-working of the 1981 cover. It will feature a bell dressed in holly and will have written in a ribbon that is tied through the top "Peace on Earth".

Only_You : A beautifully decorated Christmas Tree. Vintage/Retro Look.

Aaron_Cardwell : Landscape view showing houses and snow and santa flying across the sky in black.

Steveak13 : A more simple snowy scene with several TV favourites in the foreground and Father Christmas flying over head

SHANK0055 : A WW1 theme featuring the Christmas truce football match that took place in No Man's Land.

Batfink : A snowy scene with a predominent reindeer

StuL42 : Traditional Dickensian/Victorian Christmas street scene.

JOHNOR : Based around christmas dinner, turkey/christmas pudding/table set etc

Boyontbridge : Mrs Brown and her boys in some sort of festive setting

LinusJ : Something candle-centric, possibly wartime-based.

bb2011fan : Traditional Christmas scene set in WW1 Britain. Christmas tree prominate and a snowy landscape can be seen other side of a window

smokeycat : big Christmas pudding, maybe with a robin

maddogscott : an old fashioned snowy street scene with a robin in the foreground

bouncer0304 : a load of comedy characters in a tench done in the style of Blackadder goes forth

pembo2004 : something tied to world war one

davads : Nick Frost's Santa standing next to Capaldi's Doctor

Stebee : Christmas tree, Father Christmas and snow scene.

BadSignal : A huge Christmas Stocking with Characters and logos of shows that are appearing over Christmas

johnjuan : Christmas snowy scene centred on a village church with a decorated tree nearby and carol singers

lundo : a traditionally drawn Christmas card-style Santa Claus with no pictures of television programmes being shown at Christmas

Laylora : Mrs Browns boys living room, decorated with tacky christmas decorations and some sort of chaos happening

Claire's Dad : A Downton Abbey cover

basdfg : a photo with an assortment of BBC stars. Miranda, Brenden O'Carrol, David Jason dressed in WW1 costume to commemorate the 100th.

argyess : Santa holding a snowglobe which contains a Christmas tree

fugitive : Bruce in the nude!

BrassMonkey : a traditional Christmas town/village scene, but, made entirely from Lego.

Ian_Stevens : similar to "Sgt Peppers" album, with the Stars/Shows of Christmas 2014
    Forum Member
    Week 49 December 6 - 12 programme info is now available - never known them to release info on a Sunday before

I didn't even bother to look today because it was Sunday!
  • velixavelixa Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I want to enter the contest this year - A close up of a Christmas tree with vintage decorations.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even bother to look today because it was Sunday!

Was expecting it last Friday with week 50 this Thursday and then the double week announced the following wednesday
  • CoolElvisCoolElvis Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Might be wrong be I though the guess the cover comp deadline was today so thought I'd get mine in just in case it is. To be honest I can't settle on one idea. This comp has obviously become very serious for me. Anyway I will go with:

Decorated gingerbread christmas scene, probably a tree and Santa etc.

Phew now I can relax ;)
    Forum Member

I can't see the Programme Info for week 49, BBC Media Centre only shows up to week 48?
    Forum Member
    CoolElvis wrote: »
    Might be wrong be I though the guess the cover comp deadline was today so thought I'd get mine in just in case it is. To be honest I can't settle on one idea. This comp has obviously become very serious for me. Anyway I will go with:

Decorated gingerbread christmas scene, probably a tree and Santa etc.

Phew now I can relax ;)

Competition closes at midnight Saturday 22nd November. :)
  • smokeycatsmokeycat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Competition closes at midnight Saturday 22nd November. :)

Is that the midnight on the Friday night into Saturday morning? ie Friday 23:59:59 plus 1 second.
    Or is it Saturday night into Sunday morning? Saturday 23:59:59 plus 1 second.

:o
    Forum Member
    smokeycat wrote: »
    Is that the midnight on the Friday night into Saturday morning? ie Friday 23:59:59 plus 1 second.
    Or is it Saturday night into Sunday morning? Saturday 23:59:59 plus 1 second.

:o

It's Saturday night into Sunday morning. Saturday 23:59:59 plus 1 second