Options

MacBook Pro usb question I

mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a 2013 MacBook Pro with apple care, the 2 usb sockets seem lose when I plug something into them , but they still read the usb drive , if I take this into a apple shop
, what are they likely to do as I have compared it to another MacBook Pro and it's USB sockets are a lot tighter ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    You could take the back off and have a look, I changed a fan on an earlier model MBP and found it easy compared to some Windows laptops. They may need resoldering but if they work I would wait until they don't.

You will need some Torx screwdrivers.
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    You could take the back off and have a look, I changed a fan on an earlier model MBP and found it easy compared to some Windows laptops. They may need resoldering but if they work I would wait until they don't.

You will need some Torx screwdrivers.

I wouldn't recommend taking the machine apart if the OP has paid for AppleCare as it could invalidate the warranty.
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take it in and ask them to have a look at it, could be a simple job as perhaps whats holding down the USB ports has come lose but they could say that it is due to wear and tear and user caused damage as it doesn't take much to put a bit of extra pressure on a usb port to make it come lose especially if its been dropped or knocked etc but normally apple are pretty good so give them a try as a start