Options

Parking at Stanmore

keli77keli77 Posts: 2,139
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone in the Stanmore area tell me if there is parking, preferably disabled parking, available nearby the station? Also if anyone knows how much it will cost on a Saturday that would be fab!
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at Google maps on satellite view, there is a large car park right beside the station - from what I can gather you have to turn down a wee alley to get into it, but once in there it looks massive. I notice on street view that there is an arrow pointing in there for parking off London Road, which runs in front of the station.

No idea what it would cost though, sorry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/tubestationcarparks/default.aspx - have a look at the Jubilee Line info - you gotta love Google :)
  • Options
    keli77keli77 Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! I did a search before asking on here, promise!!!
  • Options
    CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's oodles of parking at Stanmore, it's only about £3 for the day from memory and it's at the tube station. If you're coming from the A1/M1 direction head down London Road towards the station, you'll see a row of houses set back from the main road for about a quarter of a mile after some shops. Then as the road narrows you'll see the underground roundel. As soon as you see that take the left turn (it comes up quick if you're not used to it).

The parking is part of the tube station.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Hi

Just found this when Googling for info on parking at Stanmore.

I have parked at Stanmore before so know how to get there etc but I was wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to get a space during the day?

Whenever I have parked there before it has always been evening, after 5/6 so the commuters are all leaving and there are plenty of spaces.

However I will be driving down a week on Friday and will get there around midday. Can any advise on whether I will realistically get a space?

Sorry for kind of hi-jacking the thread but hopefully the info will be relevant for keli77 as well.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can't park at Stanmore, then carry on to the traffic lights, turn left, then left again at the next lights, and drive to Cannons Park which is the next station. The parking is cheaper and there are always spaces.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i live near stanmore

*high five*
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always park at Bedford Midland when I go to London and get the train in from there. They run most of the night due to being the Gatwick / Luton airport link.

Parking there is one pound at weekends and three pounds after ten in the week.