Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judi Dench was born in 1934. Surely she's long past needing sanitary products.
    Post menopausal spotting perhaps? Vile, anyway:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    On a flight to Vegas a couple of years ago I got talking to a girl who worked at Caesars Palace as a Valeter. She said she'd met loads of celebs but the worst were Paris Hilton and Usher.
    Paris was very rude and did not tip at all.
    Usher gave her either a 10 or 20 dollar note (sorry cant remember which) but then demanded change from it! I doubt Usher would really notice a few dollars, the girl said he was just being a ****...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    No one famous as such, but the actor Mark Frost, who I used to fancy years ago on the Bill and Doctors.
    I have sent him several fan letters over the past two years requesting an autograph/signed photo but he never replies. I contacted his agents who said they passed on the letters but "he dosent do requests or replies".
    Charming.
    On a horror film dvd I bought a while back on the extras the crew were laughing at him behind his back [he was being made up as a devil-like monster] because he was so pretentious and felt he was "all that".
    Hes gone to look really old lately.

The last time I saw him on tv was in an Uncle Ben's ad....karma, baby!! :D:D
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cleo petra wrote: »
    agreed about Barbara Knox, a chap i used to work with in my first job was the son of a friend of hers. He reckoned she thought she was the Queen.

I went to an event where that Tommy Walsh who did the gardening thing with Alan Titchmarsh was giving a talk. he was telling a production assistant he didn't want anyone approaching him for an autograph. as if!

I've had a really shite day...but that "as if!" just made me LMAO :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the old expression goes.......

"be nice to people on the way up.........."
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddie Izzard. Horrible man.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHAFT wrote: »

Really!! :eek: I've just finished reading through this thread & that's been the shocker for me.

My dad told me that Brucie visited my uncle & wanted a picture that he had on his wall, my uncle explained that it wasn't for sale and it was of sentimental value to him - no money in the world would make him part with it. Brucie offered more money & was turned down so he stormed out on my uncle.

My guess is that Brucie didn't like being told that he couldn't have something. Maybe that's something that celebs aren't told all the time.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hammerfan wrote: »
    Really!! :eek: I've just finished reading through this thread & that's been the shocker for me.

My dad told me that Brucie visited my uncle & wanted a picture that he had on his wall, my uncle explained that it wasn't for sale and it was of sentimental value to him - no money in the world would make him part with it. Brucie offered more money & was turned down so he stormed out on my uncle.

My guess is that Brucie didn't like being told that he couldn't have something. Maybe that's something that celebs aren't told all the time.
    I've had the dubious pleasure of knowing firsthand what an arse Brucie is:( His cheeky, likeable persona is just an act, he's nasty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHAFT wrote: »

:eek::eek: You must have caught him on the crappiest day in his life then because all the times colleagues and I have met him, he's been nothing but fantastic. Haven't seen him since he did his marathons though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Grandfather smiled practically continuously for the last 10 years of his life because the Queen Mother stopped and had a friendly chat with him. It did make me realize the awe inspiring possiblilities of fame...

Good job is was not Mohammed Al Fayed he met, as I can testify that he can be quite extraordinarily rude and obnoxious.
  • Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible people who my friend who is in the business has met:

Cilla Black
    Anthony Cotton (almost all of the Corrie cast are horrid according to a former actor who appeared on the show - although 'Audrey' and 'Betty' are lovely).
    Tess Daly
    Brucie
    Ronnie Corbett
    Nigel Havers

Horrible celebs I've met:

The Chelsea football team (when Jose was manager)

A few I've met who were lovely:

Esther Rantzen (was surprised as had heard bad things about her)
    The Redknapps
    Ray Quinn
    Fleetwood Mac guitarist/singer Lindsey Buckingham
  • Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SexiLexi04 wrote: »
    Louisa Lytton (Beth from the Bill) was filming outside my work - she was a snotty little thing - right up herself, gary Lucy was there and was lovely (but im a bit biased) and was having photographs etc. .

Agree about Gary, he's lovely and really patient with fans :)

Met most of the recent cast (and crew) of The Bill in May, they were all lovely - every single one of them, no ego's whatsoever :)
  • Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tasi wrote: »
    Who is Mark Frost? I'm a Bill fan, but can't remember him. His photo isn't on IMdb.

Jeff Simpson, the bookshop owner and racist arse that Des set up for the firebombing of the station.
  • Mister MaganeseMister Maganese Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole isn't very nice. I saw here in a bar once, and out of nowhere she just started pulling my hair and then punched me in the face shouting "You black bitch." It was very unpleasant. In fact, there was quite a media hoo-har about it.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible celebs I've met:

The Chelsea football team (when Jose was manager)

Sadly (or luckily) I met nearly all the Premier League footballers of the 2006/07 season due to my job at the time and many were arseholes but Jose and most of the Chelsea lot were not, although one or two were rather...*cough* friendly (well...they tried - and failed, I must add!).

I've already documented my run in with Arsene Wenger on another thread but he is a bloody miserable and rude git.

Also surprised at some of the Babs Windsor stories...I only met her briefly but she was really nice. Having said that, she was a bit tipsy. :o
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had the dubious pleasure of knowing firsthand what an arse Brucie is:( His cheeky, likeable persona is just an act, he's nasty.

My Auntie served him in the 70s when he was filming up in Scotland and he was unpleasant then apparently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Auntie served him in the 70s when he was filming up in Scotland and he was unpleasant then apparently.

Same with my mother when he used to do Blackpool, said he tried to grope every waitress and got people fired if they complained.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddie Izzard is lovely! Not having that. Ive met him he is adorable. You mustve caught him at a bad time.
  • richjj1978richjj1978 Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    i met a few famous people and the nasty ones i met most have been mentioned her

westlife ( extremly up themselves rude to fans except mark who was sweet )

peter kay ( avoided signing autographs after a small charity show he did )

dave spikey ( again could not be bothered signing autographs)

nikki sanderson ( did the whole 'dont you know who i am' routine so she could get moved up to first class on a flight )

joey barton ( extremly rude when he played for city, never liked signing autographs for girls unless they were fit )

there are loads of footy stars who are quite rude :(

but the nice ones for commparisson are:

paul dickov ( just a top guy and nothing is too much of a hassle )

paddy mcguiness ( so nice and friendly )

justin moorhouse ( very nice annd just a guy who is great for cuddles :) )

Jimmy Carr ( suprisingly nice and easy to talk to )

darren hayes ( very sweet )

Ardal O'hanlon ( the NICEST celeb I have met )

dr/prof brian cox ( very clever but very nice man

hoping the nice things i have heard about greg davies arer true because want to add his autograph to my ccollecttion :)

I second the Jimmy Carr vote, admittedly he was an absolute nobody working comedy club nights at the time. But spent a while talking to him. He even ripped off a true story a mate of mine told him and made it in to a joke he later told on TV.

I've a few friends who work in that kind of envionment. Apparently Bobby Ball and Bob Geldof are quite nice. But not Rob Brydon.

Also Robert Plant can be a little bit private. I know a few people who have met him. Nice on a personal level (played gig in local pub for his mates retirement party) but seems to get a bit ratty about fans bothering him. I guess he's had it constantly for 40 years though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My list of celebs I've met is extremely limited, though I've met loads of tennis players- some completely obnoxious like Ann Jones and most of the top women.
    Roger Taylor, John Newcombe ( :o showing my age here) were fabulous while Frew McMillan who commentates on EuroSport is a vile, rude little man who I wouldn't give the time of day to. Andy Roddick is a complete sweetheart as is Kim Clijsters.

Celebwise, Cliff Richard seems to have no time for his fans, never stopping to sign autographs, Terry Wogan was a complete gentleman and a big thumbs up for Phillip Schofield.

( :) I'm a bit biased on that one as I've known him since he was ten and while I lost touch when he was living in NZ, we met up again when he was in the broomcupboard on Children's T.V.) He hasn't changed a bit and has both feet firmly on the ground.

I've also met Judi Dench, but that was 30 years ago, and she was lovely. I guess Celebs have their off days like the rest of us.
    But according to friends, Babs Windsor and Cilla Black are two of the biggest cows in Showbiz! I cant verify that, I've never met them.
  • Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly (or luckily) I met nearly all the Premier League footballers of the 2006/07 season due to my job at the time and many were arseholes but Jose and most of the Chelsea lot were not, although one or two were rather...*cough* friendly (well...they tried - and failed, I must add!).

I've already documented my run in with Arsene Wenger on another thread but he is a bloody miserable and rude git.

Also surprised at some of the Babs Windsor stories...I only met her briefly but she was really nice. Having said that, she was a bit tipsy. :o

They were at a nightclub and Jose in particular was horrible, was surprised he was out with the players actually. He told my friend to move from her seat as he wanted to sit there! He was nasty about it too but she moved as felt a bit intimidated by him. Two of the players in particular were very nasty, both midfielders (not Lampard). One is no longer at the club, the other still there. Almost all of them came across as being totally up themselves, they were rude and dismissive to the bar staff too.

Have no axe to grind with Chelsea by the way! Not a fan but don't hate them.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richjj1978 wrote: »
    I second the Jimmy Carr vote, admittedly he was an absolute nobody working comedy club nights at the time. But spent a while talking to him. He even ripped off a true story a mate of mine told him and made it in to a joke he later told on TV.

That sounds like Jimmy. He's a notorious joke thief.
  • glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,144
    Forum Member
    I have only met one real famous person and actually talked with them Ricky Tomlinson(I think thats his name) from the Royale family.

He was in my uncles house about 5 years ago my uncle met him in a pub in Glasgow and brought him home, there was about 10 of us we got stoned and boozed all night through to the next morning - It was surreal.

He was brilliant, great patter off him and stories.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Paul Daniels - met him on his tv set when he was doing Every Second. Just plain rude to me, my friend and her husband and yet acted like your best friend the minute the camera was turned on.

Likewise Jan Leeming was so rude.

Lynsey De Paul and Claire Rayner (RIP) were charming and couldn't be more friendly as was Don McLean (he of Crackerjack fame).

More recently my son's ex-girlfriend bumped (not literally) into Ziggy from BB a couple of years ago at Paddington Station. She said he was lovely, stopped for a chat and signed an autograph even though he was running late and the ticket had run out on his meter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funci wrote: »
    I forgot to mention Nigel Havers in my earlier post. He was appearing in the play 'Art' and refused point blank to give autographs because it would be giving a piece of himself away! what a knobber!:rolleyes:

I met Nigel after seeing Art in Southampton some years back & he was really nice to talk to signed my programme quite happily.

Roger Lloyd Patrick was great too.

Disappointed with Gillian Anderson saw her in her first west end show in London & just went through the motions of signing autographs after. She came across as being right up her own backside.