the Lambs
    Jimmy's sister
    mandy dingle
    sherrie hewson

it's a long list ........
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    How mad will you guys be if it turns out to be Katie? ;)

It probably is Katie, it hasn't been confirmed that the actress has left and any big return (someone who's been gone for more than few weeks/months) would be announced beforehand. I like Katie, so I wouldn't mind but she is one of the many who are hated on here and can't come on screen with out a slew of ':mad:' posts in the daily thread.
  • Options
    Little Peep BoLittle Peep Bo Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Please let it be Thomas although I expect it won't be
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Katie, so I wouldn't mind but she is one of the many who are hated on here and can't come on screen with out a slew of ':mad:' posts in the daily thread.

shouldn't let forum cliques scare you off. best to just ignore them and let spill their hate on who the target is at the time. A lot fm's stay clear of that thread because of the hate on there.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    shouldn't let forum cliques scare you off. best to just ignore them and let spill their hate on who the target is at the time. A lot fm's stay clear of that thread because of the hate on there.

That's a bit unfair Spunger. If you don't agree with someone's opinion just say so or put them on ignore. Everyone on the Daily has differences of opinion. I really don't think it's cliquey. I was scared to join in but welcomed with open arms when I did, even though I often disagree with other posters. I for one have stuck up for Katie in the past. She's not generally liked on there, but that doesn't put some contributors including myself off from sticking up from her. It's just differences of opinion that's all. If someone really annoys you just put them on 'ignore'. Of course if a lot of the other posters like or don't like a character, it's going to give the impression of a clique because they'll talk about their feelings towards that character a lot. If you don't agree, why not go on and say so? That might encourage others to join you.
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steph sounds VERY possible:

-The return wouldn't be "welcomed" by villagers (not that anyone left when she was around was ever really involved in her storylines!)

-Alan's death/funeral must be imminent and it would make perfect sense for her to come back, even if briefly.

Would love her to return full-time but one, she has zero connections and two, I don't see what they can do with her as her story arc did feel very complete.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote: »
    Steph sounds VERY possible:

-The return wouldn't be "welcomed" by villagers (not that anyone left when she was around was ever really involved in her storylines!)

-Alan's death/funeral must be imminent and it would make perfect sense for her to come back, even if briefly.

Would love her to return full-time but one, she has zero connections and two, I don't see what they can do with her as her story arc did feel very complete.

I think Lorraine Chase is ill though. She was on DS a few months ago talking about not wanting to return to work because of health problems she'd had in the recent past.
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Lorraine Chase is ill though. She was on DS a few months ago talking about not wanting to return to work because of health problems she'd had in the recent past.

Oh, that's a shame :( Can very much imagine a one-off appearance happening though which would fit with what has been said.

Doubt it'll be Aaron. Leyla I would love, she was a great character and there's still mileage in that storyline. Strange though, as her and David were brilliant together and it was only after she left that Alica and David were brilliant together...how they could feed all that into the mix with the Priya storyline I don't know but it opens all sorts of opportunities!

The fact Priya knows about Jacob as well, makes you wonder if that was a deliberate scene for future use. An inevitably jilted Priya getting her revenge no doubt..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a bit unfair Spunger. If you don't agree with someone's opinion just say so or put them on ignore. Everyone on the Daily has differences of opinion. I really don't think it's cliquey. I was scared to join in but welcomed with open arms when I did, even though I often disagree with other posters. I for one have stuck up for Katie in the past. She's not generally liked on there, but that doesn't put some contributors including myself off from sticking up from her. It's just differences of opinion that's all. If someone really annoys you just put them on 'ignore'

a lot of fm's don't go near the thread and the hate on there for characters and the cllque feel are the reasons that i've read. it's not a very friendly place to visit if you like certain characters.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a lot of fm's don't go near the thread and the hate on there for characters and the cllque feel are the reasons that i've read. it's not a very friendly place to visit if you like certain characters.:(

Personally that doesn't bother me. I find if you're friendly and respectful enough you can hold different opinions and still contribute to any of the threads on here. So what if you disagree? As long as you can defend your opinion and your not just being negative or disagreeing for the sake of it, why not join in? I agree with fellow posters on that thread about some characters, and disagree about others. Sometimes it's a losing battle, other times it's not, but if you want to join in you shouldn't be put off by the perception that everyone would disagree with you. You might be pleasantly surprised and have someone else post supporting you. You're bound to find that you have some opinions in common with the more regular posters as well.

as to your point about Kate Oates, I know we don't tend to agree on that subject but I get where you're coming from with that. I like her work so far, but she is letting the Cameron story dominate, and I don't see anything else coming up to take it's place. The Amy/Kyle one isn't a main story, and it looks like the drug addiction story might be drawing to a close. I don't know that she hasn't got the imagination, but this story shouldn't be dominating almost every character to the extent it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote: »
    Oh, that's a shame :( Can very much imagine a one-off appearance happening though which would fit with what has been said.

Doubt it'll be Aaron. Leyla I would love, she was a great character and there's still mileage in that storyline. Strange though, as her and David were brilliant together and it was only after she left that Alica and David were brilliant together...how they could feed all that into the mix with the Priya storyline I don't know but it opens all sorts of opportunities!

The fact Priya knows about Jacob as well, makes you wonder if that was a deliberate scene for future use. An inevitably jilted Priya getting her revenge no doubt..
    I loved Leyla as a character, even though I forgot her name! There was just something really believable about her, when she was standing about in the shop looking fed up!:D It would be interesting to see what would happen between her, Jacob and Alicia if she came back.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry to be so abrupt but what rubbish. I am a lover of one of the most hated ED characters on DS, yet am made to feel very welcome on the thread when I joined a few months back.

I don't like the word 'clique' it's more the fact that people have been on there for so long, they are all very friendly with each other. I used to be a member of the Daily over 4 years ago and very recently went back and found the thread had tons of new members and only 2 or 3 that I remembered. Yet I was welcomed straight away.

The 'clique' that people talk of is just a group of friendly posters who are familiar with each other. Anyone who wants to join in is very welcome and I speak from experience. It really upsets me when people accuse members of being cliquey and unfriendly because it simply isn't true.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the Cameron story is going to go and on:yawn::yawn:yawn: Perhaps one year KO and her lazy writing crew will get off their backsides and think up some new storylines.:mad At least SB had an imagination and could actually put his brain into gear and think of new ideas.

:eek::eek::D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now you're just getting desperate. :D

Incidentally, who are these 'certain characters' that you like? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Sorry to be so abrupt but what rubbish. I am a lover of one of the most hated ED characters on DS, yet am made to feel very welcome on the thread when I joined a few months back.

I don't like the word 'clique' it's more the fact that people have been on there for so long, they are all very friendly with each other. I used to be a member of the Daily over 4 years ago and very recently went back and found the thread had tons of new members and only 2 or 3 that I remembered. Yet I was welcomed straight away.

The 'clique' that people talk of is just a group of friendly posters who are familiar with each other. Anyone who wants to join in is very welcome and I speak from experience. It really upsets me when people accuse members of being cliquey and unfriendly because it simply isn't true.

I couldn't have put it better myself! :)

I find it very annoying that is only seems to be the ED contingent of DS that gets the 'being a clique' BS thrown at it constantly, while other groups dont (not that i'm saying they are) Its just ridiculous!

Anyway as for the topic on hand, I think its gonna be Katie to! Her return will be good for some like Andy and Chas and bad for others like Declan and Megan!

As for Xmas i'm not really bothered what ED do! I quite like the fact that they dont seem to buy into the fact that something major needs to happen every year like EE does! Just inject a bit of drama along with some good fun family scenes!
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His problem was not a lack of ideas but putting them into practice. KO has no ideas of her own and thats why shes dragging out SB stories to such ridiculous lengths.

He also created one of the worse couples in soap history ie Marlon and Laurel.

He took the history of Ashley and Laurel ie cot death, Sally Spode and stamped his big feet all over it.

for that I will never forgive and I for one am glad that he gone from Emmerdale.

Say what you want about Kate Oates, she had managed to add the comic and serious storylines together. That was something Blackburn could never do.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ED fans have short memories it seems. SB only took over because of Gavin Byth death without any experience in the role, it came too quickly for him.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't have put it better myself! :)

I find it very annoying that is only seems to be the ED contingent of DS that gets the 'being a clique' BS thrown at it constantly, while other groups dont (not that i'm saying they are) Its just ridiculous!

Anyway as for the topic on hand, I think its gonna be Katie to! Her return will be good for some like Andy and Chas and bad for others like Declan and Megan!

As for Xmas i'm not really bothered what ED do! I quite like the fact that they dont seem to buy into the fact that something major needs to happen every year like EE does! Just inject a bit of drama along with some good fun family scenes!

It could be Katie but I always assumed she would be back at some point anyway.

I wonder if the 'fun christmas SL' that Kate Oates refers to might be a Maurel wedding :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

Incidentally, who are these 'certain characters' that you like? :confused:

I don't really have any main favourites. Generally i think it's an ok cast and i'm more into the stories than individual characters. If the story is crap then it's crap no matter who's in it. The only ones who'd i'd like to see lay down in front of a steamroller are Dom and his brat and the Spencers.
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    avaconrad wrote: »
    Aaron maybe or even Hazel ?

God, I hope not. I don't want to see either of those two!
  • Options
    Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nathan Wylde I would love (or if they can Natasha).
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would like it to be Nathan.

Will most probably be Leyla.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had another thought - how about Thomas? He featured a lot in his brief stint, caused a fair amount of trouble, made an impact and then left suddenly. The actor looked like he was shaping up quite well and so did the character.

Kate Oates booted him out first chance she got, so I think it's unlikely to be him.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Kate Oates, she's a fantastic producer. I hope its Kim returning to claim Home Farm back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Kate Oates booted him out first chance she got, so I think it's unlikely to be him.

Very true:D I reckon is Katie then. I can't think of any characters who have left in recent years who would want to or are able to return, except perhaps Eli, and the ones who left long ago don't really have any reason to come back now.