Why, oh why Emmerdale did you killed him off ?

Comments

• OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phwoooarr! Talk about improving with age! I didn't watch ED back then but I wouldn't have looked twice at him then, but now...........wow, he's gorgeous! :cool:

Who killed him in ED?:(
  • sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody killed him, he crashed into a tree and died instantly.......really nice looking but couldn't act at all....
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunny day wrote: »
    Nobody killed him, he crashed into a tree and died instantly.......really nice looking but couldn't act at all....

Oh right - sounds like he's found the perfect career then. :) Nice to see ex-soapies doing well for themselves. :cool:
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Cworrrrrr

I remember him being rather scrummy in Holby City a few years back as well
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does nothing for me, I'm afraid.
    ( he didn't when he was in ED and he doesn't now)

He looks just like an angry tramp to me.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should go for a part in a Game of Thrones.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt watch ED then. But Jacqueline Pirie used to be in Corrie. He looks older than 39 in some of the photos. In the last one he looks good though.
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was his comeuppance for killing Ben ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could say that he played one of the most important characters in Emmerdale's history as his character was responsible for bringing the Dingles into the show.
  • SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Don't remember him,wish they didn't kill Carl King either,miss him
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only scene I've ever seen him in (that I can remember anyway) was when he killed Ben Dingle. He was extremely wooden in that, so if that was typical of his acting, I think he's made the right career choice:D Jacqueline Pirie was good in Corrie though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    It was his comeuppance for killing Ben ;):D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPPKCgMJ9-c#t=7m33s

WTF :p
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could say that he played one of the most important characters in Emmerdale's history as his character was responsible for bringing the Dingles into the show.

Spinning off from that, I wonder whether Ben Dingle is the most well remembered character in British soap to have only appeared in one episode? Probably the most onscreen mentions of a one-off character, too.

I can't even think of anyone else who might be a contender. Normally single appearance characters are soon forgotten!

Hold on, before anyone says it, Reg Cox! Just come to me! :) More memorable by virtue of being in episode 1 of EastEnders, but I bet he hasn't clocked up as many on-screen mentions as Ben Dingle has.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    Spinning off from that, I wonder whether Ben Dingle is the most well remembered character in British soap to have only appeared in one episode? Probably the most onscreen mentions of a one-off character, too.

I can't even think of anyone else who might be a contender. Normally single appearance characters are soon forgotten!

Hold on, before anyone says it, Reg Cox! Just come to me! :) More memorable by virtue of being in episode 1 of EastEnders, but I bet he hasn't clocked up as many on-screen mentions as Ben Dingle has.
    Reg had less to do as well!:D

You can imagine the meetings with their agents. 'We're putting you forward to play the twenty year old son of a large, sprawling criminal family/ an elderly hermit like character who nevertheless will come to be iconic in a new soap. We think they/it will really take off! Em, just one thing..':D