Rachel & Mikey at Coronation Street Out Of Africa premiere

124»

Comments

• Options
    blackrockblackrock Posts: 3,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Nice attempt to deflect attention, but i've not seen anything as rough as Chanelle lfor a long time (other than sandpaper that is :p) what a sight jeez :eek:

I'm not sure what you mean. Her skin and hair are polished, not rough, and her dress has animal-print touches, but nothing overwhelming. In what way does she not look nice? (genuine question)

http://www.famous.uk.com/preview-action-nl.do?a=search-action-nl.do%3F%26noipp%3D50%26searchstring%3DFAM24542%26page%3D1%26searchfield%3D%26searchtype%3Di_only%26orderby%3Ddesc&searchstring=FAM24542&prevbarcode=08467988
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Nice attempt to deflect attention, but i've not seen anything as rough as Chanelle lfor a long time (other than sandpaper that is :p) what a sight jeez :eek:

I think the deflection is coming from you actually :rolleyes: I dont go around bad mouthing other housemates , I replied to your nasty comment, when looking at your posting history I saw who you supported, and sorry there isn't a rougher housemate than her, as we have all seen just recently, Chanelle always looks well turned out, not languishing in doorways, and to get on topic, Rachel always looks dignified as well, and well turned out at events, shame you cannot say the same about your favoured housemate:cool: goodnight .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel always looks lovely and dignified, although how she'd re-act to a puppet, who knows!!
    unlike other sucessful and/or rough housemates?!?
    (her arse isn't more well-known than her face either as far as I'm aware :p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel always looks lovely and dignified, although how she'd re-act to a puppet, who knows!!
    unlike other sucessful and/or rough housemates?!?
    (her arse isn't more well-known than her face either as far as I'm aware :p)

Rachel always looks lovely, but that does not take away from Chanelle's loveliness on this or any other occasion.

You allude to an advert that Chanelle filmed for an MTV comedy show with puppets. Many people found it funny, but it seems others just don't see the humour. Still, it was a very successful advert.

She also does glamour work, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's no call to be so insulting. I think it's actually against the forum rules to be disrespectful of a HM.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blackrock wrote: »

You allude to an advert that Chanelle filmed for an MTV comedy show with puppets. Many people found it funny, but it seems others just don't see the humour. Still, it was a very successful advert.

I agree. Chanelle is not the only housemate to be savaged on here for doing 'glamour', which always seems oddly puritanical to me; especially when, as in this episode, it was done as a spoof.

Tbh she doesn't necessarily do herself any favours going out so much as a kind of double act with Chantelle, who does look older, cheaper and more artificial. Chanelle herself is perfectly pretty and natural looking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel fans, have you seen this one (stunning):

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/Yv5eg7DwQ89/Coronation+Street+Out+Africa+DVD+Premiere/hTHQoFnx23r

By the magazine logo on the wall, I would think "Reveal" will be the magazine to carry these pictures next week.

I checked the photos for the afterparty on this site, but I don't see Rachel or Mikey. Maybe they had another party to go to or friends to see.

ETA: Another in front of the logo wall.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/Yv5eg7DwQ89/Coronation+Street+Out+Africa+DVD+Premiere/suVxHl3wzTR
  • Options
    BibblesBibbles Posts: 7,755
    Forum Member
    I agree. Chanelle is not the only housemate to be savaged on here for doing 'glamour', which always seems oddly puritanical to me; especially when, as in this episode, it was done as a spoof.

I noticed it substantially stopped a few years ago.Because there were so many almost everyone had at least one female HM favourite who had "done glamour"so it became more about quality and extremes rather than a blanket condemnation of any glamour.As you say it seems to have crept back in recently with newer members who I assume must dislike all pretty female HM's who have done a glamour shoot for money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Bibbles wrote: »
    I noticed it substantially stopped a few years ago.Because there were so many almost everyone had at least one female HM favourite who had "done glamour"so it became more about quality and extremes rather than a blanket condemnation of any glamour.As you say it seems to have crept back in recently with newer members who I assume must dislike all pretty female HM's who have done a glamour shoot for money.

We all like different people there is nothing wrong with that is there? I will say again, I didnt like Chenelle 'in the house' thought she was a spoilt brat to be honest, but! she is a really pretty girl and can do whatever she likes to earn a few bob. I did like Chantelle 'in the house' I thought she was a sweet likable girl and no doubt still is, though I thought it a shame she felt the need to go under the knife and needle to make herself more 'glamour model type' person. Again nowt to do with me how she lives her life or makes her money. Rachel I liked in the house and still like her out of the house at the moment and as she is the current winner of BB I feel I can comment on my preferences on a BB forum which I thought was for exchanging views on house mates from all series with out all this hullaboloo. I would hardley call it 'savaging' to compare a photographic pose, still think is is over done on the girls part especialy Chantelle.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, it's rare that I start any threads, but next time I'll try to do some more research first... not that I'm a journalist or reporter or anything, I'm just a BB fan and Rachel happened to be my favourite hm this year (and ever).

Like I said, I didn't know Chan(t)elle were there.
    I knew Rachel, Mikey, Mario & Lisa were there, but not any others.
    Maybe Rachel didn't recognise Chantelle, lol?
    Originally posted by Rachel Rice on The Wall on her Facebook site

Hey everyone :-) Hope you're all well :-) I've had a busy few days :-) Went to the Coronation Street Out of Africa DVD premier on Tuesday :-) I love Coronation Street so needless to say I had a fab time :-) The cast were sooooo down to earth and friendly :-) I hope the dvd does well :-) Was nice to meet Liam, Ziggy from BB8 as well and to see the lovely twins again :-)

Also T4 is 10 this weekend so went to the recording of the show today :-) Met lots of BB contestants and Shipwrecked :-) Nice to catch up with Ims :-) Luke and Bex were there as well which was nice as it's the first time I've seen them since we left the house and we got on fine :-) I was chuffed to meet Pete, Glyn, Brian and Aisleyne :-) I took some pics so will get them up over the next few days :-) Was wicked to meet them all :-)

Rightyo I was up at 5 this morning so going to get some sleep now :-)
    Hope you all enjoyed Bonfire Night :-)
    So yeah, if I make a thread about T4, I'll put "Rachel and other BB contestants at T4's 10th Birthday" :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sangreal wrote: »
    Okay, it's rare that I start any threads, but next time I'll try to do some more research first... not that I'm a journalist or reporter or anything, I'm just a BB fan and Rachel happened to be my favourite hm this year (and ever).

Like I said, I didn't know Chan(t)elle were there.
    I knew Rachel, Mikey, Mario & Lisa were there, but not any others.
    Maybe Rachel didn't recognise Chantelle, lol?

So yeah, if I make a thread about T4, I'll put "Rachel and other BB contestants at T4's 10th Birthday" :-)

Thanks, sangreal. I didn't actually watch BB9, but I was a big fan of Chanelle in BB8 and still follow her career. I really liked the things she wrote in her column about Rachel. Chanelle could see that Rachel was a really nice person, and she admired her for that.

I hope that Rachel and Chanelle got the chance to meet at the Corrie premiere. Rachel is apparently three years and eight months older than Chanelle, but I think they would have a lot in common to talk about, if they ever meet. Chanelle got along famously with Gerry, and he was 31 years to her 19 years of age in the house.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone just to clear things up :-) I did meet Chanelle she came over and gave me a hug and said hi :-) She was very nice and looked amazing. We didn't get a chance to chat though as it was so manic in the hotel and I didn't see her at the after show party as once again in was busy :-)
    xxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel BB9 wrote: »
    Hey everyone just to clear things up :-) I did meet Chanelle she came over and gave me a hug and said hi :-) She was very nice and looked amazing. We didn't get a chance to chat though as it was so manic in the hotel and I didn't see her at the after show party as once again in was busy :-)
    xxxx

Gosh thanks, Rachel. You made my day!:)

Thank you so much for stopping by!!! You are a sweetheart, and a truly deserving winner.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for those comments Rachel.

I was also struck by how good Chantelle looked at the premiere.
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for clearing that up Rachel. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Hi Rachel :-)

A few more pics of Rachel with Mikey, the twins and CS cast members:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=24223560780&view=all

Also note the pics from the T4 10th anniversary party:
    Rachel with Pete
    Rachel with Aisleyne
    Rachel with Brian & Glyn
    Rachel with Imogen & Glyn
    Rachel with Luke
    Rachel with Bex
    Brian, Glyn & Luke
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some really nice pics there. Thanks for that sangreal. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm afraid not even Rachel could entice me to watch that programme. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    I'm afraid not even Rachel could entice me to watch that programme. :D
    Yeah, I was thinking the same myself, lol.
    But if Rachel was in it, I'd be very tempted to watch... :-)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Hi Rachel :-)

A few more pics of Rachel with Mikey, the twins and CS cast members:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=24223560780&view=all

Also note the pics from the T4 10th anniversary party:
    Rachel with Pete
    Rachel with Aisleyne
    Rachel with Brian & Glyn
    Rachel with Imogen & Glyn
    Rachel with Luke
    Rachel with Bex
    Brian, Glyn & Luke

Ha ha. I noticed a blonde in one of them photos is feeling a bit insecure about her height, and stood on her tip toes to try and gain height :D
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I'd watch if Rachel was in :D
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Ha ha. I noticed a blonde in one of them photos is feeling a bit insecure about her height, and stood on her tip toes to try and gain height :D

Perhaps her high heels have been photo-shopped out? :confused::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    Perhaps her high heels have been photo-shopped out? :confused::D

I think she's sleep walking. :D
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    takes her shoes off and then stands on tip toes to look taller.... not a good advert for blondes is it :p