Snow MartianSnow Martian Posts: 196
Forum Member
Is this true? I have just seen it posted on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd doubt it but we shall see I suppose..
    I can't see the actor leaving of his own accord.. As he's pretty type-cast as Andy Sudgen
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Fingers crossed, awful actor.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whether he is or he isn't, was there any need to use a spoiler as the thread title?
  • Options
    Snow MartianSnow Martian Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Whether he is or he isn't, was there any need to use a spoiler as the thread title?

A spoiler, what do you mean?
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

If he is leaving though, you won't be able to avoid it soon...

Newspapers, Digital Spy articles and lots of threads on here would be discussing his exit.

One way or another, you'd have found out about it - unless Emmerdale themselves kept it hidden for shock value, which obviously isn't the case here (that's if he has left).
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    >cracks open champagne< :) :cool:
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,456
    Forum Member

Do you have a link to the tweet?:)
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    He is known for joking on Twitter, so I would take this with a pinch of salt, until there is any confirmation.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is known for joking on Twitter, so I would take this with a pinch of salt, until there is any confirmation.

Oh bugger... I'll never get the cork back in now!! :o:blush:
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked his twitter and nothings on there... :/
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    Oh bugger... I'll never get the cork back in now!! :o:blush:

:D

They have made him so boring as a character.
    I hope he goes on to better things.
    He was just a wee lad when he first went in to Emmerdale, I remember it well, the girlies loved him then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not true though it wouldn't surprise me if it was. He's doing some engineering (I think) course part-time at Bolton Uni and he's hardly ever in Emmerdale nowadays. Wouldn't surprise me if he handed in his notice the minute he graduates. He'll certainly never be axed.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The writers spoiled his character when they made hime a woman-beater. He hasn't had much of a storyline since, unless you count sleeping with that hideous trollope Kerry. I will be sorry to see him leave.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Robert Sugden. We need real Sugdens in the show to carry on the original character surname.
    Just like the Barlows in Corrie and the Beales in EE - Sugdens are needed to carry on the family name.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be surprised if he did leave. He's been in it since he was a kid. It's all he knows really. It would be like Ian Beale suddenly leaving eastenders.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Bring back Robert Sugden. We need real Sugdens in the show to carry on the original character surname.
    Just like the Barlows in Corrie and the Beales in EE - Sugdens are needed to carry on the family name.

Seconded!
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Fingers crossed, awful actor.

He's no worse than many others, and better than quite a few.
    Desperate Dan won his group in the favourite character game, yet there you have an 'actor' who can't deliver a 5 word sentence without pulling 5 different facial expressions.
    The number one crime in acting is gurning, and nobody gurns for England like him!
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did tweet from Chelsea's account saying she was joining Corrie, he's a joker.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been watching for over three years and I don't remember him having a storyline
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writers spoiled his character when they made hime a woman-beater. He hasn't had much of a storyline since, unless you count sleeping with that hideous trollope Kerry. I will be sorry to see him leave.

bib: And sleeping with the far more hideous Debbie, in order to provide a saviour sibling for their ill child, Sarah.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not we need more Sudgen's not less.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goldeyfish wrote: »
    I'd doubt it but we shall see I suppose..
    I can't see the actor leaving of his own accord.. As he's pretty type-cast as Andy Sudgen

He is Slugden. >:(
  • Options
    narobi83narobi83 Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Surely the best way of expending the Sugdens is to have someone from Italy arrive looking for Jack after he fathered kids whilst out there in his younger years. The long lost relatives may be done to death but knowing how Jack was with women at least this story would be plausible.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

Didn't Adam Thomas once post a tweet making it sound like he was leaving (something about his last day was on Friday ... or whatever day it was) which got everyone thinking he was leaving Emmerdale ... when all he was doing was going on holiday?!

Never believe twitter.