Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on when the show will vanish on its UK Christmas break?
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I actually wanted to chuck something through the screen when that little girl was whining that she wanted the pig. What parent would just stand there and expect a stranger to fork out 300 dollars to buy their brat of a kid a scarescrow. Ridiculous even for neighbours.

Couldn't stand mother Teresa before, but her manic acting had me reaching for the fast forward button. After all, the notes are basically all true and it isn't that long ago she was lying to Toadie about who she was, and then spends nearly all her time ignoring her family to "help" that nut job with his kid. She is no saint.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Any word on when the show will vanish on its UK Christmas break?

Next Friday - same as Australia.
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually wanted to chuck something through the screen when that little girl was whining that she wanted the pig. What parent would just stand there and expect a stranger to fork out 300 dollars to buy their brat of a kid a scarescrow. Ridiculous even for neighbours.

Couldn't stand mother Teresa before, but her manic acting had me reaching for the fast forward button. After all, the notes are basically all true and it isn't that long ago she was lying to Toadie about who she was, and then spends nearly all her time ignoring her family to "help" that nut job with his kid. She is no saint.

at lasr a sane view of Saint Sonya. I had hoped she would be in the backgroung for a while, but this has put her bang in centre stage again, Can't stand her mealy-mouthedhypocrisy - hope she takes long maternity leave!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a load of hogwash.

This whole characters being "assumed" dead and then turning up is really getting out of hand. Brennan, Paige and now Kyle's dad.
    I agree, it is getting a bit tired now. I wouldn't be surprised if Dee turns up for the anniversary episodes!
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Maybe you missed the point retrovertigo - she isn't a saint and neither is anyone else on the street.

But let's not pretend she hasn't turned her life around and battled against her addictions. She doesn't deserve punishing treatment like this. It's fine if you don't like Sonya but you can't deny she's managed to turn her life around and is actually a good mother regardless of her history.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Next Friday - same as Australia.

Thanks Mojo:)
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    What's the cliff-hanger Australian pace. We have Susan falling into the hole but what's Australia's.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    What's the cliff-hanger Australian pace. We have Susan falling into the hole but what's Australia's.
    I think it's: Sheila has a heart attack after discovering Gary's secret (which links in with Paul/Terese at this point); Josh tells Amber he still loves her and wants her back; Imogen kisses Daniel.

Apparently from Oz viewers, it doesn't sound as interesting as the UK finale with Susan being buried alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh when is Rain leaving? I don't mind her having her own opinions but she's so preachy with it. She does seem to have an iPhone so she obviously doesn't share Daniel's beliefs about technology

When is Naomi back? I'm missing her

Once again I'm a little behind but I have to agree with the comments about how fantastic Eve Morley has been lately
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I am not really a Sonya fan (I think she has made Toadie a bore) but Eve Morley plays her so well I can almost forgive Sonya for ruining Toadie. I also think Nel is so adorable, she steals every scene she is in and she works so well with the adults she is involved with.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Rain going to seduce Amber? Or at least try to work up a threesome with her and Andrew?

And does Kyle's Dad know something about the the money from the robbery? Brennan wouldn't have mentioned it never being found if it had no significance.
    Forum Member
    There's definitely more to the story judging by Gary's reaction when Sheila asked him to make a statement to the police.

Anyone else think New Eden will be some kind of cult, with Rain as the cult leader? She's already manipulating Amber, and Lauren was reading her old diary from 1993, and wasn't that the year she entered that cult? If this turns out to be true, I think it'll be a good use of Lauren's history.

Dumpster Diving?! I get Rain's point about unnecessary food waste, but if you found something edible, would you then make yourself comfortable amongst the smelly rubbish, like Amber did?
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    I am not really a Sonya fan (I think she has made Toadie a bore) but Eve Morley plays her so well I can almost forgive Sonya for ruining Toadie. I also think Nel is so adorable, she steals every scene she is in and she works so well with the adults she is involved with.

Is it me or does baby Nell have a similar face to baby Lexi in EastEnders?
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Is Rain going to seduce Amber? Or at least try to work up a threesome with her and Andrew?

Andrew? :) I think you mean Daniel ... unless Paul's son is returning!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Andrew? :) I think you mean Daniel ... unless Paul's son is returning!

Oops! Old age and high on the chocolate from my advent calender.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Oops! Old age and high on the chocolate from my advent calender.

You're only supposed to eat one at a time!
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Maybe you missed the point retrovertigo - she isn't a saint and neither is anyone else on the street.

But let's not pretend she hasn't turned her life around and battled against her addictions. She doesn't deserve punishing treatment like this. It's fine if you don't like Sonya but you can't deny she's managed to turn her life around and is actually a good mother regardless of her history.

Nah I don't think I've missed the point. I maintain it isn't that long ago she was a shocking mother/wife while she ran around after that guy that she nearly had a fling with.

Heck, Naiomi is a bit of a nut, bless her, but she thought she could steal Toadie away because of the lack of attention he was getting from Sonya. Which was real even if Naiomi was ultimately kidding herself.

Then she almost ruins Callums future for selfish reasons. I stick by what I have said much earlier in this thread. Sonya does "good things" to make Sonya feel good. I'm at a loss why she never seems to be given a back seat at times. Even old timers Karl and Susan don't seem to get as much air time.

Anyway, it's just a soap and so i don't feel bad deriving a guilty pleasure from seeing a character (and actress) I can't stand being put through the ringer :)
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    They remembered Lauren in the cult :o

I think Rain is going to go all Single White Female on Amber.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Rain hypnotise Amber? The way she keeps repeating about Rain making her a better version of herself...
    Love the way Neighbours utilises its past, brilliant. Loved Lauren mentioning the cult stuff. Also loved it when Lauren googled Charlene's garage.
    So what is Paul up to? I thought he was planning to bed Terese, but then he calls her nearly affair man - will be a bit obvious to Terese that Paul did that with him turning up the next day! What's Paul's plan?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reckon Paul will try and proper ruin the marriage, then swoop in and have a go on those airbags.
    Forum Member
    After my post yesterday, I really didn't know they were literally going to mention Lauren's cult story so soon (if at all). It's such a good utilization of her past.

My only grip is that Matt's reaction was a bit muted - his wife has just said she was brainwashed by a cult, and is clearly distressed by the memories, but he's all blasé about it, and brushes off her concerns about Rain. Given Lauren's experiences, she's likely to spot the signs more than anyone else.

That scene with Amber/Lauren was quite creepy. This is the first time I think Amber hasn't appeared drippy, and her delivery wasn't monotone either. Good to see Daniel is a little suss about Rain, too.

I loved the Doug/Paige/Josh scenes. I think the whole family really benefits from having Doug around.

I'm a bit confused about Terese recalling her ex's advances, and how they nearly had an affair in such a romanticised fashion, given that last year she was almost labelling it as sexual harassment, and how he had crossed the line, and no woman should ever feel pressured or something. It can't be both a serious and romantic memory at the same time.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the return of Aunt Hilary in 2015 :d She was an interfering old bat back in the day and hopefully she will be again next year.
  • PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Looking forward to the return of Aunt Hilary in 2015 :d She was an interfering old bat back in the day and hopefully she will be again next year.

I agree, let's see how long she stays on for
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah I don't think I've missed the point. I maintain it isn't that long ago she was a shocking mother/wife while she ran around after that guy that she nearly had a fling with.

Heck, Naiomi is a bit of a nut, bless her, but she thought she could steal Toadie away because of the lack of attention he was getting from Sonya. Which was real even if Naiomi was ultimately kidding herself.

Then she almost ruins Callums future for selfish reasons. I stick by what I have said much earlier in this thread. Sonya does "good things" to make Sonya feel good. I'm at a loss why she never seems to be given a back seat at times. Even old timers Karl and Susan don't seem to get as much air time.

Anyway, it's just a soap and so i don't feel bad deriving a guilty pleasure from seeing a character (and actress) I can't stand being put through the ringer :)

Agree with you Retrovertigo - she seems to have been turned into some sort of saint. She does good to feel good - and I agree she should take a back seat for a while. After the drama with Naomi she could have gone into the background but no, they have to bring up this story to show how wonderful she is (NOT!)

You're right though - it is one of the guilty pleasures of soap watching to have the odd character one dislikes. And now I shall sign off - I must get out more!
This discussion has been closed.