lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
Forum Member
✭✭
One of the best dancers this year but I want some personality out of her

Comments

• Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. At the beginning, she was one of my favourites and I thought she'd win, but she's been slipping behind recently (ever since her DO appearance with the Waltz, actually).

Right now, I'd place Frankie, Pixie, Jake and Sunetra above her as to which celebrities I'd vote for.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    One of the best dancers this year but I want some personality out of her

I suspect it might be nerves but she never mentions this. Very hard to create much of a back story when you are not married or in a long term committed relationship & have no children. Natalie suffered with this last year.
  • mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my favourites too. She was brilliant opening the first show of the run, but others have caught up with her now and she's in danger of hitting the dreaded middle of the leader board every week now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my favourites too. She was brilliant opening the first show of the run, but others have caught up with her now and she's in danger of hitting the dreaded middle of the leader board every week now

And yet she is topping the favourite dance this week so must have captured a few peoples eye.

See what the Charleston brings before writing her off.
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    And yet she is topping the favourite dance this week so must have captured a few peoples eye.

See what the Charleston brings before writing her off.

She's only winning by 9 votes and polls on here hardly ever reflect general opinion.

I'm really looking forward to her Charleston (looks like it could be her best yet). I'm hoping for a Charleston as good as Kimberley's and Chelsee's :)
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    She's only winning by 9 votes and polls on here hardly ever reflect general opinion.
    I'm really looking forward to her Charleston (looks like it could be her best yet). I'm hoping for a Charleston as good as Kimberley's and Chelsee's :)
    That's one way of reading the poll .. another is to say that she's polled 102 votes more than Mark. She came last in the 'Who do you LEAST want to win' poll and first in 'Who do you MOST want to win' poll this week.
    Of course it's not necessarily reflecting what the general public think but it is indicative that a lot of people here think she has bags of personality because otherwise she'd not be topping polls ... yes there is the Pasha factor but other pro's are just as popular.

I do think she lacks a little bit of confidence. Last week .. after the slip .. you could see it was on her mind as she looked worried every now and then but still performed excellently.
    Hope it doesn't affect her Charleston as it looks great ... she needs a big wow dance to boost her confidence and hopefully this will be it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I suspect it might be nerves but she never mentions this. Very hard to create much of a back story when you are not married or in a long term committed relationship & have no children. Natalie suffered with this last year.

Pixie (as far as I know) hasn't mentioned a relationship nor children. She does have a career to talk about though :D

Mark doesn't really talk about his relationship with Tina... but I don't really pay attention when he talks. I tend to mute.

You can have a backstory without being in a relationship or having children. I don't think this is the problem with Caroline. I suspect that she's just concentrating on the show and isn't playing the reality TV game of having a sob story or an excuse as to why she's finding it hard. She seems very determined to learn to dance and put the effort in to win.

She doesn't seem as happy than she did at the beginning but I think that is down to nerves like you said.

Natalie came across as a very talented dancer who had a lot of training. She wasn't very likeable either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jen_Piper wrote: »
    Pixie (as far as I know) hasn't mentioned a relationship nor children. She does have a career to talk about though :D

Mark doesn't really talk about his relationship with Tina... but I don't really pay attention when he talks. I tend to mute.

You can have a backstory without being in a relationship or having children. I don't think this is the problem with Caroline. I suspect that she's just concentrating on the show and isn't playing the reality TV game of having a sob story or an excuse as to why she's finding it hard. She seems very determined to learn to dance and put the effort in to win.

She doesn't seem as happy than she did at the beginning but I think that is down to nerves like you said.

Natalie came across as a very talented dancer who had a lot of training. She wasn't very likeable either.

Mark is always on about his wedding, his stag do, his nans etc etc.

Natalie managed to convey her passion for dancing into every movement. This captivated me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Mark is always on about his wedding, his stag do, his nans etc etc.

Natalie managed to convey her passion for dancing into every movement. This captivated me.

Oh dear, how could I forget about Mark's nans. I did say that I put him on mute:D

Natalie should have gone on SYTYCD as she was a very, very talented dancer. I just didn't find her as someone to warm to.
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    I think Caroline's Charleston will be the breakthrough dance her American Smooth could have been, sans slip; I'd be unsurprised if we saw the first Craig 10 tonight., for either Caroline or Pixie's dances. :o
  • ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    I think Caroline's suffering from a combination of things. I feel she's been undermarked in some of her dances. I also think that the judges have been concentrating so much on talking up the boys that she's got a bit lost in the pack. Her waltz was underwhelming, her jive great- but not stand out, and an AS that could have been amazing but for a slip that left her completely unsure for the rest of the dance.
    It's a shame because when I think of her best dances- paso and tango in particular- she's just as good as Frankie and Pixie. I don't really get the more personality thing- I think she's one of the best at capturing what the mood of a dance should be.
    Hopefully her Charleston will put her right back at the top of the leaderboard.
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    ellieb123 wrote: »
    It's a shame because when I think of her best dances- paso and tango in particular- she's just as good as Frankie and Pixie. .

I think we'll see the Paso Doble again in the final, should Caroline make it, Darcey raved about it so much I thought she'd give it a 10, so was surprised she didn't.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am sure I have heard Pixie mention her boyfriend several times, I don't think she has any children though I thought she had niece or something in one of the videos.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline is my favorite female, for me her personality shines through far more than the other girls. I do think she has been undermarked a few times but tonight's Charleston looks fantastic and hopefully she will get high marks from the judges.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I am sure I have heard Pixie mention her boyfriend several times, I don't think she has any children though I thought she had niece or something in one of the videos.
    Yes Pixie has a boyfriend she has mentioned they go out with Trent and his wife a lot together. Not sure about nieces I know Caroline's were in a vt with Pasha.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In serious need of a decent hairdresser.
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    She has slipped under the radar a bit. It's notable that she divulges very little personal information compared to the other contestants, which I personally respect and prefer to the endless parade of babies, nans and partners, but it isn't Strictly practice for a potential winner to be so reticent. Given she has arguably the most prior dancing experience of any of the contestants, especially having done a previous dance reality programme and actually trained with some of the Strictly pros in the past, maybe it was a strategic decision not to talk career etc. Quite what the thinking is in dressing her up in the ugliest costumes week after week and dressing her hair like a scarecrow is defeats me. However, her Charleston looks very good (and recognisably a Charleston and not some random show dance - hurrah!) so maybe she is timing her peak performances to perfection.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    In serious need of a decent hairdresser.

When I said that (not on DS!) I was shot down in flames and told her hair cut is fashionable and she probably paid a mint to get it like that!! Really? :o
  • *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much prefer Caroline to the other leading girls. I see a passion in her dancing that seems to be missing in Frankie & Pixie.
    I feel she has been consistantly undermarked all through the competition & agree with who ever said her paso was her best, it was the best paso this series for me.
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Caroline is the sexiest of the female sleb dancers but Frankie is the prettiest

Sexy and pretty are not necessarily the same thing

Caroline has a certain je ne sais quoi for me. Her eyes are definitely sexy.
    Frankie has a very pretty face

Both have nice personalities and I find them easy to warm to

Oh, and they are both good dancers to get back on topic :D
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

I thought he was engaged to Michelle at least that's the name they always say when they mention his fiancé.
  • posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    I thought he was engaged to Michelle at least that's the name they always say when they mention his fiancé.

Michelle Keegan, played Tina in Corrie. Honestly no idea how I know that, haven't watched Corrie or bought a mag in years - must be the DS effect :blush:
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still rooting for Caroline. From the moment she opened the first show, she was so sparky and enthusiastic, she just won me over; and her rumba was just awesome! Then there was that Paso, when the judges absolutely raved, despite the horrible dress (remember Darcey's "So YUMMY!") and then didn't back it up with high marks - that left me perplexed :confused: Then Craig felt her samba was too clinical, albeit flawless. And last week was just sublime!! Surely the dance for her to choose again for the final, should she make it. I still find her the most watchable and the most likeable, I really really want her to top the leaderboard one week, please let it be tonight!
  • catakincatakin Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    She doesn't stand out with her dances like Pixie and Frankie for me. Did enjoy her earlier dances but the better dances are really shining through.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a lovely girl on ITT but I don't remember any of her dances at all. Hasn't had a stand out performance yet - Pixie and Frankie on the other hand make me settle back and watch eagerly - not so with Caroline unfortunately.