Options

Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was listening to "Selfish" from the FF album earlier, I've always liked it but never really thought much else about it, but I was on the bus on and it came on and I thought wow, this is a great song lol, really sassy and sexy, I imagine it would have been one of Britney's favourites off the album, I just get the feeling she would have loved that song. I especially love the great middle-8 breakdown.

And yep Circus was a good era, she had so much energy on tour and I loved the album personally my fave Britney album, I think it did a good job of combining the dark themes of Blackout with songs like Amnesia, Kill the Lights, Shattered Glass, Mannequin and Blue and then mixing it with some classic upbeat Britney pop with Womanizer, Circus, Amy, Quicksand, Lace and Leather etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i adore Femme Fatale i JUST WIIISH! that it was better handled....more videos and releases across the year and freakin PROMO! that Billboard thing was cringe, the Vega launch show had decent costumes and staging but again it was quite weird....the tour itself was a good tour i loved the tour visuals with femme fatale themes and violence etc but the performances themselves werent perhaps what they could have been...ATTACK mode Britney should have been on....i think Circus is her most visual tour to date definitely...loads to see and loads of interaction really...her staging looked like it went all around the audience practically! plus she had great moves nailed! and i adore The Blondes as fashion designers....very quirky androgynous styles but still femenine too.

Like gaultier meets grace jones almost....but it suited Britney and the sounds of Blackout and Circus album really united in the visuals for the show.

What would have made the era crazier is if like Stefani did with Harijuku girls...have Clown children come on interviews with her like a posse :-D would have been insane and she could have dolled herself up like Harley Quiin like in some of the album artwork she was :-) a few missed opportunities but alas.

re-listened to Britney Jean album and fair enough it hasnt even aged well but i still like it :-) it helps when you tell longevity of an album in time whether you love it more....and what i love with In The Zone, Blackout, Circus and Femme Fatale they were released significant times in my life whereas BJ kinda wasnt really....though Work, Alien, Passenger, Til Is gone, Dont Cry, Hold On Tight and Body Ache are genuinely very good songs :-)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    And yep Circus was a good era, she had so much energy on tour and I loved the album personally my fave Britney album, I think it did a good job of combining the dark themes of Blackout with songs like Amnesia, Kill the Lights, Shattered Glass, Mannequin and Blue and then mixing it with some classic upbeat Britney pop with Womanizer, Circus, Amy, Quicksand, Lace and Leather etc.

I personally think Circus was her best post-2007 era. Blackout is a flawless album (and my fave Britney album) but of course that era was overshadowed by her personal life at the time :( Circus was a perfect mix of pop and urban music. I was supposed to go to the tour but couldn't go in the end :cry:
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I personally think Circus was her best post-2007 era. Blackout is a flawless album (and my fave Britney album) but of course that era was overshadowed by her personal life at the time :( Circus was a perfect mix of pop and urban music. I was supposed to go to the tour but couldn't go in the end :cry:

I really like "Circus." "Femme Fatale" was good too. :)

More music like that and less like the music on "Britney Jean" would be great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I really like "Circus." "Femme Fatale" was good too. :)

More music like that and less like the music on "Britney Jean" would be great.

I like both albums but if I had to choose between them I'd pick Circus because I like the mix of pop and urban on it whereas FF is pure pop. Britney Jean is hands down her worst album. It's got a couple of decent songs but the rest is just meh. I own it though because I'm a sucker for everything Britney releases :D I want album 9 to be a dark, urban album like Blackout.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would adore it if Britney left the Electropop/Urban pop behind for album 9....Why not o back to her Pop roots and o oranic instrumentals and pure pop?

I mean some of the novelty hits of this year have been oranic.....not saying she should do her own Mehan Trainor or Ariana grande/Iggy style stuff but why not just make some pure pop without the need for streety cred or electronics and sonics ....Femme Fatale perfected it...Britney Jean went the EDM route mostly and it worked and didnt work b!tch ;-)

just do the full album with Max Martin too....he has nailed it with Taylor Swift heck i can even imagine Britney doing These Days by Take That! organic instrumentals and pure pop....would be beautiful and refreshing :-) maybe team up with Charli XCX too and greg Kurstin and there we go a gold album or pure pop Britney perfection please with meaty snappy lyrics <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney on the cover of WOmens Health looks amazing! Some people in headlines have said that she doesnt look like her, but i thought it was obvious right when you see her she actually looks like that.

Iggy Azealia has mentioned recently that she has duetted with Britney and that new material will be out from Britneys album early 2015?? though that could change of course...I would adore a summer release...we have her on the new Moroder album next spring so will be interesting!

If her new album is urban in style i just hope that she mixes it up with people she is working with...also will album 9 be with a new label?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney on the cover of WOmens Health looks amazing! Some people in headlines have said that she doesnt look like her, but i thought it was obvious right when you see her she actually looks like that.

Iggy Azealia has mentioned recently that she has duetted with Britney and that new material will be out from Britneys album early 2015?? though that could change of course...I would adore a summer release...we have her on the new Moroder album next spring so will be interesting!

If her new album is urban in style i just hope that she mixes it up with people she is working with...also will album 9 be with a new label?

From what I've heard (not actually confirmed), she re-signed with RCA on the condition that she had more creative freedom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is Women's Health available anywhere in the UK or Ireland? It's not normally the kind of magazine I buy but if Britney is on the cover I might buy it. It looks like 2015 will be a good year for us Britney fans :D We've got the Iggy Azalea and Moroder songs to look forward to before album 9 drops (if it's being released in '15).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Santa was kind to me on the Britney front. I got:

DVD Collectors' Box (which I already have, but I might be able to flog the old copy in college)
    Fantasy gift set
    Fantasy perfume (100ml)
    Midnight Fantasy perfume (50ml)
    Hairbrushes from Lidl haircare range
    Curling tongs from haircare range
    Little Girl Lost book
    Britney: The Biography book

See my Twitter for the photo :cool:
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was listening to Femme Fatale yesterday and was saddened as it's failed to hold up. I loved it on release but now merely like it. Any news on #9 yet?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've ordered three Britney DVDs from Amazon and a face mask and they're on the way to me. I ordered The DVD version of Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, Live In Las Vegas and Onyx Hotel Tour Live in Miami. I'm looking forward to those :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My Britney Spears face mask arrived :D It's a cardboard mask with Britney's face on it. I'll post a pic when I go home this evening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who posts in this thread? :( New unreleased song from ITZ/Original Doll era leaked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LJ2svN_x7c

It's called Conscious and is co-written by Britney and produced by Michelle Bell. I believe it's a demo but it's still really good. It's very raw. Oh how I wish Original Doll had been released!
  • Options
    Andy18Andy18 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Oooh I love this this album should of happened
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    i wish someone could explain which songs were part of the original doll era? was it an album that was shelved or just recordings in-between albums ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i wish someone could explain which songs were part of the original doll era? was it an album that was shelved or just recordings in-between albums ?

Original Doll was supposed to be her 5th album after In The Zone. It was due to be released in 2005/2006 but they chose to release Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (my lecturer actually owns a copy of that!!!) first. Then Britney got pregnant and the only single she released during that time was Someday (which was intended as a standalone release) and she did the reality show with K-Fed. She took a demo of a song called Mona Lisa (intended to be the first single from OD) to a US radio station on her own without the label's permission and it was only ever played once on the radio. The album appeared to be scrapped after that and there are many theories floating around on the internet about it. Only known songs that have been leaked/released are:

Mona Lisa (ended up being a B-side to Someday)
    Peep Show
    Money Love Happiness
    Welcome To Me
    Do Somethin'
    Ouch
    Conscious

I think (I've Just Begun) Having My Fun was intended for OD, but some say it was an ITZ outtake that ended up on GH:MP as it was a bonus track on iTunes in some countries.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Britney's new song is called 'Pretty Girls' and is written by Little Mix.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Britney's new song is called 'Pretty Girls' and is written by Little Mix.

Really?! Where did you read that? Oh I hope its true! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it was in The Sun, so not sure of how true this is, also have been seeing reports that Britney is performing at the superbowl in 2016 - again not confirmed just rumored.
    Another tidbit that she revealed to billboard magazine is that album 9 is not coming anytime soon, she's slowly trying to make a good album that she wants fans to hear, her manager Larry Rudolph said that throughout 2015 she will be releasing a series of singles.
    The first one which is rumored to be Pretty Girls is coming within the next couple of weeks apparently.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the idea of us getting lots of singles before being able to buy the album at the end of it. I don't really rate Justin Bieber but I liked what he did with Journals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Apparently it was in The Sun, so not sure of how true this is, also have been seeing reports that Britney is performing at the superbowl in 2016 - again not confirmed just rumored.
    Another tidbit that she revealed to billboard magazine is that album 9 is not coming anytime soon, she's slowly trying to make a good album that she wants fans to hear, her manager Larry Rudolph said that throughout 2015 she will be releasing a series of singles.
    The first one which is rumored to be Pretty Girls is coming within the next couple of weeks apparently.

I had a look at The Sun's website but you have to pay to view it and there's no point paying, so I went over to Exhale and everyone was talking about it on there. I saw the Superbowl rumours earlier in the week and the thing about album 9. It's a shame we won't be getting album 9 too quickly but I like the idea of getting loads of singles first. I really hope Pretty Girls is good. I'm thirsty for new Britney music now. I haven't been this excited since Work Bitch :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's play a game, list all the albums, and next to them list your favourite single, album track and music video from that era.

BOMT - Crazy and Deep In My Heart, the BOMT video
    Oops - Stronger and What U See...., the Oops video
    Britney - Slave 4 U and Bombastic Love, the Slave video
    ITZ - Toxic and Breathe On Me, the Toxic video
    Blackout - Gimme More and Heaven on Earth, the POM video
    Circus - Circus and Amnesia, the Circus video
    Femme Fatale - Till the World Ends and Up N Down, the TTWE video
    BJ - Work Bitch and Alien, the WB video
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is really gonna be tough but I'm gonna give it a go anyway:

BOMT - Baby One More Time and E-Mail My Heart, the BOMT video
    Oops - Stronger and Don't Go Knockin' On My Door, the Stronger video
    Britney - I'm A Slave 4 U, Lonely, the Overprotected video
    In The Zone - Me Against The Music, Breathe On Me, the MATM video (would have put Outrageous for my fave single if it had actually been an official single)
    Blackout - Gimme More, Get Back, the Piece of Me video (this was hard as I love all of Blackout)
    Circus - Circus (the song), Mannequin, the Circus video
    Femme Fatale - I Wanna Go, Up n' Down, the Till The World Ends video
    Britney Jean - Work Bitch, Alien, the Work Bitch video

Phew, that was hard! :D I'm off to listen to some Britney now to get in the right mood for facing my favourite lecturer tomorrow ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is really gonna be tough but I'm gonna give it a go anyway:

BOMT - Baby One More Time and E-Mail My Heart, the BOMT video
    Oops - Stronger and Don't Go Knockin' On My Door, the Stronger video
    Britney - I'm A Slave 4 U, Lonely, the Overprotected video
    In The Zone - Me Against The Music, Breathe On Me, the MATM video (would have put Outrageous for my fave single if it had actually been an official single)
    Blackout - Gimme More, Get Back, the Piece of Me video (this was hard as I love all of Blackout)
    Circus - Circus (the song), Mannequin, the Circus video
    Femme Fatale - I Wanna Go, Up n' Down, the Till The World Ends video
    Britney Jean - Work Bitch, Alien, the Work Bitch video

Phew, that was hard! :D I'm off to listen to some Britney now to get in the right mood for facing my favourite lecturer tomorrow ;-)

Haha, good luck, I suggest You Drive Me Crazy lol.