15) Don't Tell Me
16) Live To Tell
17) Cherish
18) Revolver

Comments

• Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good but I hope the tracks are the ORIGINALS, & not re-recorded. Sure Material Girl & Papa Don't Preach were different on her last collection compared to the original hits, that I remember.
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    Looks good but I hope the tracks are the ORIGINALS, & not re-recorded. Sure Material Girl & Papa Don't Preach were different on her last collection compared to the original hits, that I remember.

Yep they were. La Isla Bonita, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart and Live To Tell were all cut short while Holiday (much better version anyway) Vogue, Express Yourself, Cherish and Like A Prayer were all revamped but we have already been told several tracks have been updated.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    No true blue, Use to be my playground or Whos that Girl :(

any news on what the special eddition will have?
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    No true blue, Use to be my playground or Whos that Girl :(

any news on what the special eddition will have?

WTG is in there:D I can't believe Miles Away is in over TUTBMP, Rain, True Blue (although I never realistically expected that) and Deeper and Deeper. On the whole it's pretty good though and with her massive back catalogue its to be expected we will have some favourites omitted
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read it was 34 songs on the 2 cd version not 36 :confused:

And the 1 cd version will it just be cd 1 of the 2 cd collection or different?

I don't know why she didn't just do a 3 cd and be done with it :):confused:

When is Celebration out as a single it is out know according to madonna website but isn't on itunes uk ?
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Somene on here said September 14th:eek:

I want the song now:mad::D
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Like the traclist. I may buy it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    always a task to go from 60 odd singles down to 30 something BUT surprised Bad Girl (one of her best) and Deeper and Deeper is not there. Happy Dress you up has been featured along with Burning Up. And no singles from American Life?? (bond theme excepted)
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    Hollywood is there.

I agree about Bad Girl, also surprised at the lack of Rain and This Used To Be My Playground and Power Of Goodbye. But this seems very uptembo aside from a few tracks so its got me thinking that Warner maybe planning another Madonna ballads type collection. I assume they still hold the rights to her work despite her deal with LIVE Nation.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I quite like it :D When i first saw it I thought it looked a bit messy, but i'm actually glad they mixed it up abit. Having it chronologicaly would essentially make CD1 'The Immaculate Collection' :p

I'm a bit shocked that You'll See, I'll Remember or This Used to Be My Playground aren't on there. I was hoping for at least 1 to have made it :(

Suprised, but not that sad that American Life is missing, and very very happy that the dire Give It 2 Me has been given the chop. Shame Miles Away made it over some of her other hits (namely the 3 named above)

I'm not suprised about the lack of True Blue!

Finally.... Big Wooooooooo for Dress You Up and Who's That Girl :D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    simonk243 wrote: »
    I read it was 34 songs on the 2 cd version not 36 :confused:

I'm sure the pre-release said 34 hits plus two new songs.

The tracklisting is a solid one for the most part, but of course there has to be some casualties. "True Blue" was never going to make it, but I am surprised at the exclusion of "Deeper and Deeper" and "Human Nature". Why "Burning Up" and "Miles Away" are there is a mystery; cut those two out and put something else on! Oh well, it's never going to please everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she must really love 'Miles Away' to include it. It's a good song but definitely not one of her biggest hits!

I guess there are just too many hits to choose from to keep us all happy. Really looking forward to hearing the studio version of Revolver
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umbongo wrote: »

The tracklisting is a solid one for the most part, but of course there has to be some casualties. "True Blue" was never going to make it, but I am surprised at the exclusion of "Deeper and Deeper" and "Human Nature". Why "Burning Up" and "Miles Away" are there is a mystery; cut those two out and put something else on! Oh well, it's never going to please everyone.

exactly thats the thing with GH albums you cant please everybody! still some of these tracks have been on TIC and GHV2 - think early stuff is there maybe to show her roots....?
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused why would True Blue never have made it on? It's one of her catchiest and best?

It's a pretty solid track list though, Think Disc 1 is my favourite of the two. Might go make the playlist now actually since I have all the tracks already except revolver.
    Forum Member
    umbongo wrote: »

I'm a bit shocked at the ommission of Human Nature too. Especially since she's performing in on her Sticky and Sweet tour. I assumed it was one of her favourites and was bound to get on.

I didn't realse that Deeper and Deeper wasn't on it! I hasn't noticed that Erotica is the only single from that album :eek:
  • Final TerrorFinal Terror Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lack of Rain is a bit of a let down... but that's the joy of iPods. Once I've got it, make it a playlist, and just slot in anything I thinks missing (Oh Father, True Blue, Bad Girl, Power Of Goodbye etc).

Looks like it'll be good nonethless... can't wait to blast it out around my house!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused why would True Blue never have made it on? It's one of her catchiest and best?

It's a pretty solid track list though, Think Disc 1 is my favourite of the two. Might go make the playlist now actually since I have all the tracks already except revolver.

It's a bit naff though don't you think? I think she cringes when she hears it. Probably my least fave Madonna song.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pharoah wrote: »
    It's a bit naff though don't you think? I think she cringes when she hears it. Probably my least fave Madonna song.

I rank it in my Top 10, it's really 50s and the video matches well.

From reading online since I posted it seems the song truly split people with some calling it a simple masterpiece and others slagging it rotten.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After all the expectations and guessing I have to say that I'm a bit surprised at the omission of anything from Evita. I really expected "You Must Love Me" to be on the album although I can quite happily live without her lifeless cover of "......Argentina" Big disappointment at the non-inclusions of "You'll See", "Rain", "TUTBMP", "Deeper And Deeper" and "Bad Girl"..........oh well, we're stuck with this track-listing now.

Bit mystified at the inclusion of "Sorry" to be quite honest. It may have been a No.1 here in the UK but it's definitely one of her minor songs imo.

BTW, Is this tracklisting the one that will be on the album in all the world's markets, or will it be different in the US, Germany, Australia etc.......anyone know?
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I think there's no point in albums like this unless it includes everything. Obviously the fans will buy it so why not just release about 4 15-track volumes and one deluxe pack?

I mean she has about 20 greatest hits collections already.

If I was a fan I wouldn't buy this because every single fan will have a favourite missing from this collection.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    She either really doesn't like the Erotica album or that period in her career when "everyone" was against her, hardly a reminder of it on this tracklist apart from the title song, obviously.

I do this it's a great list though, aside from Miles Away.. :confused: Oh Father should have been on instead of that and it would have all my favourite singles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Oh this doesn't look bad. I may buy it.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pharoah wrote: »

No I love it. The No.1 single version was different to the album version. Wasn't on IC so should be on here rather than a minor hit like Miles Away! :confused:
    Forum Member
    TYCO wrote: »
    I mean she has about 20 greatest hits collections already.

If I was a fan I wouldn't buy this because every single fan will have a favourite missing from this collection.

No she doesn't :confused:
  • SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I like the order of the songs or the omission of "True Blue", "American Life", "Gambler", and "Rain"

I mean to miss off songs like "True Blue" and put "Miles Away" in there is stupid.

"Hollywood"?
    Ugh!
This discussion has been closed.