Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    :D:D

http://www.broowaha.com/articles/3143/50-reasons-why-young-women-date-old-men

Looking at his attempt at scrabble, definitely isnt no 1 on the list:D

:D:D
    2. He clearly isn't well-read.
    I would imagine that he would struggle with anything more complicated than "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".
    4. No.
    He'd never heard of Apple Records, and his own music is hardly something to crow about.
    5. Perhaps.
    If you substitute Grecian with Fake Bake.
    16. Not any more.
    No inappropriate leg-humping for St Emily.
    22. Can't see PA being much help with homework.
    He could always sing "the leg bone is connected to the knee bone" to help her with her anatomy revision.
    29. Better conversations?
    No.
    32.Articulate?
    No. And Insania does NOT count as a multi-syllabic word.
    BUT
    46. He DOES have a nice car - if you're into middle-aged-crisis-mobiles.
    :)
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »
    In the trailer for this episode, there was a glimpse of 'angry' Peter during his romantic meal when he was fighting off the bugs.

In the actual episode, during this set up scene, I think, IMO, it showed more than a glimpse of the man behind the false and contrived image he tries to portray. When the bugs 'attacked' him he was shown with a really quite angry and unpleasant expression - until he remembered the camera's were there - when he then turned to the camera's with a false and non-believable smile that stayed at the mouth and didn't stretch to the rest of his face. This happened 2 or 3 times until he got up and told a giggling Emily that they were leaving as he walked off paying no attention to the fact that Emily wanted to finish her meal.

After posting on here the other day about Pete's laziness, I went on YouTube to see if the memory of KP&PA Next chapter was accurate. It was, but I also noticed a scene outside the garage where Pete gives this little speech though gritted teeth about how they will separate one day and be happier for it. I thought it was quite sinister - and the way he switches from Ditzy Pete to Passive/aggressive Pete is uncomfortable viewing.
    8 minutes in (but watch the whole thing if you need convincing of laziness): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqtzWyQUQ4

I have no doubt there is a side to Pete that has been airbrushed out. (I'm also amazed how depressed and gaunt KP looks)
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I don't know, it could factor in, I suppose. Thing is, he talks the 'Em is wonderful' talk (ad nauseum, as it happens) but almost everything he says about her is about him, rather than her - eg. she so supportive, she's been a rock to me, she knows what I've been through, she's brilliant with my kids, she this, she that, she the other, but with him at the centre of it all.

I dunno, really, I think you have to see him in action to really appreciate how strange and odd the relationship is, particularly when there's absolutely no spark whatsoever between them.

I don't watch the series but I have caught him on other programmes and read various publications and I have also noticed that he talks about her as if she is there to meet his needs, like a personal assistant or a cleaner that he's giving a job reference to rather than someone he's emotionally involved with. It's bizarre.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch the series but I have caught him on other programmes and read various publications and I have also noticed that he talks about her as if she is there to meet his needs, like a personal assistant or a cleaner that he's giving a job reference to rather than someone he's emotionally involved with. It's bizarre.
    :eek: Oh no! Gloria better pull the finger out, or she may find herself heading for scrapheapage!
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't get it.
    I know that opposites attract and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and however many times momma goes wibbly at the thought of a topless PA - I honestly can't see how anyone could find him remotely physically attractive.
    St Emily is young, supposedly intelligent and reasonably pretty - so what on earth does she see in him?
    It cannot possibly be a meeting of minds, because I haven't seen any evidence to show that PA actually has one, and from the little I've seen of them and the things other FMs have said, she seems more like his carer than his girlfriend.
    Thankfully he has at least toned down the leg-humping, but they don't look to me as though they are dying to rip each other's clothes off the minute the cameras turn off.
    I DO NOT for a second think she's been contracted to be his girlfriend, but in all the photos I've seen of them she does look quite star-struck (by PA!) and that she's enjoying the attention that being a zeleb's girlfriend brings her.
    I do think that pulling someone like her has probably been a massive ego-boost for PA but I genuinely can't see how it can possibly go the distance.

Oh she loves being PA's girlfriend nearly as much as she's enjoying the media attention.
    Butterface wrote: »
    In the real world the majority of women wouldn't go near a manchild like P.A., but this is celebrity land and there are obviously benefits - cars, tv air time, glamourous holidays, big house etc.

Personally speaking I find his inability to seemingly do anything really irritating. He couldn't even read instructions and set up a small fish tank ffs ! I'm still torn whether he's just a manchild who has never had to do anything for himself, lazy or thick.

Completely agree with everything you say. I'd opt for him just being a lazy sod who plays the "I'm such a klutz" card to disguise it but I believe he thinks it's funny & endearing when really it's anything but, it just shows him up to be a bone idle plank.
    hunniebun wrote: »
    In the trailer for this episode, there was a glimpse of 'angry' Peter during his romantic meal when he was fighting off the bugs.

In the actual episode, during this set up scene, I think, IMO, it showed more than a glimpse of the man behind the false and contrived image he tries to portray. When the bugs 'attacked' him he was shown with a really quite angry and unpleasant expression - until he remembered the camera's were there - when he then turned to the camera's with a false and non-believable smile that stayed at the mouth and didn't stretch to the rest of his face. This happened 2 or 3 times until he got up and told a giggling Emily that they were leaving as he walked off paying no attention to the fact that Emily wanted to finish her meal.

I also think that on Emily's side the 'romance' seems to be waning. She just doesn't seem to be into him as much as he is into her.

She's a bright girl and surely, if she watches these episodes back she can see how self centered Peter is.

I wonder how Peter would cope when she finishes her medical degree and moves onto the 2 year post graduate foundation programme - Judging by the BBC (?) documentary series the Junior doctors work ridiculously long and unsociable hours - that doesn't fit in with a boyfriend who really wants everyone and the world to revolve around him.

I never noticed this but I'm tempted to watch again, I love seeing that plastic mask slipping, followed by the fake laugh in order to cover up his error.

I just don't see the "romance" waning on Ems part, if anything I'd say it was more him losing interest, tho there would actually have to be real interest there in the first place to lose.
    I don't know, it could factor in, I suppose. Thing is, he talks the 'Em is wonderful' talk (ad nauseum, as it happens) but almost everything he says about her is about him, rather than her - eg. she so supportive, she's been a rock to me, she knows what I've been through, she's brilliant with my kids, she this, she that, she the other, but with him at the centre of it all.

I dunno, really, I think you have to see him in action to really appreciate how strange and odd the relationship is, particularly when there's absolutely no spark whatsoever between them.

BIB This is when I could I give him a good a much needed kick up the a***, does he ever actually listen to himself?!

Oh for sure you do have to witness the pair of them together to see there is absolutely nothing between them.
    After posting on here the other day about Pete's laziness, I went on YouTube to see if the memory of KP&PA Next chapter was accurate. It was, but I also noticed a scene outside the garage where Pete gives this little speech though gritted teeth about how they will separate one day and be happier for it. I thought it was quite sinister - and the way he switches from Ditzy Pete to Passive/aggressive Pete is uncomfortable viewing.
    8 minutes in (but watch the whole thing if you need convincing of laziness): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqtzWyQUQ4

I have no doubt there is a side to Pete that has been airbrushed out. (I'm also amazed how depressed and gaunt KP looks)

His behaviour re Ems is just so typical of PA. all ME ME ME. Does he ever spare a thought for anyone except himself?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    :eek: Oh no! Gloria better pull the finger out, or she may find herself heading for scrapheapage!

I reckon a "Save Gloria" fund is required. Poor woman!
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon a "Save Gloria" fund is required. Poor woman!

Who is Gloria?:confused:
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't watch the series but I have caught him on other programmes and read various publications and I have also noticed that he talks about her as if she is there to meet his needs, like a personal assistant or a cleaner that he's giving a job reference to rather than someone he's emotionally involved with. It's bizarre

This is the reason I stopped buying Now magazine. His interviews make uncomfortable reading. There's no hint of love but rather what she does for him. It's like she's his carer rather than his lover.
  • Options
    duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fab observation Lexi! (or should I say 'awesome'?)

I agree with everything you say here (and on PA in general!)

PA clearly needs a pretty girl on his arm, and there'd be hundreds (well, double figures, perhaps) willing to have that role for the fame.

But - I reckon CAN have been stung by the Elen fiasco so have primed the non-celeb Ems for the role instead.

However - I just can't fathom out what Ems would get from the deal. PA is what, around 18 years older? She doesn't know half the things he's referring to (eg Spandau Ballet).

And there's just no chemistry between them. Nothing is ringing true.

So, (in conclusion) I'm in the camp of Em yielding to the celeb aspirations, tv doctor, perhaps? Or, does Closer mag need a doc's column?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gloria's the home help/nanny/does everything lady.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, thinking about it some more (I need to get out more, I know!)

The Pete and Ems pairing...

It must surely all be part of a deal. She'll be by his side to pad out stories for this series, then, she'll retreat and be all saintly behind the scenes doing her training etc, then will never be heard of again. Cue another series of PA, 'making it on his own'...
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm sure her job title is House keeper but as duvindupain says she basically does everything for poor Pete.
    In one ep the idiot spilled some coffee but instead of just wiping it up the lazy sod yelped for Gloria:rolleyes:
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gloria's the home help/nanny/does everything lady.

Why thank you.
    I'm gonna call her.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually, thinking about it some more (I need to get out more, I know!)

The Pete and Ems pairing...

It must surely all be part of a deal. She'll be by his side to pad out stories for this series, then, she'll retreat and be all saintly behind the scenes doing her training etc, then will never be heard of again. Cue another series of PA, 'making it on his own'...

This made me laugh:D
    I have this vision of CP frantically jotting this excellent series title down. Kerching..........;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This made me laugh:D
    I have this vision of CP frantically jotting this excellent series title down. Kerching..........;)

There's loads of excellent plotlines, oopps, I mean future series ideas on this thread, it really wouldn't surprise me if CP did exactly that.

We're doing all the hard work for her here!

In fact, we should all look out for this awesome thread getting its own credit on the closing titles each week :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why thank you.
    I'm gonna call her.:D

No please don't, she's probably collapsed in a heap after yet another long & exhausting day running about after the bone idle bugger & no doubt she has a 4am alarm call for the start of another relentless day!

SAVE GLORIA!:(
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily seems a nice girl and appears happy enough in the relationship. I guess she knows him personally, so a lot better than us. Will it last, I think not.The age difference etc will count in the end. Plus PA has a lot of demons, that he has admitted to, such as severe anxiety.His book was hilarious as he does lack self awareness , but very sad in parts too.It explains a lot about him. I have to spend less time in second hand shops.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's loads of excellent plotlines, oopps, I mean future series ideas on this thread, it really wouldn't surprise me if CP did exactly that.

In fact, we should all look out for this awesome thread getting its own credit on the closing titles each week :D

If we are really suggesting future plotlines, how about "Peter Andre promises never to appear on television, give interviews or make "music" ever again"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Emily seems a nice girl and appears happy enough in the relationship. I guess she knows him personally, so a lot better than us. Will it last, I think not.The age difference etc will count in the end. Plus PA has a lot of demons, that he has admitted to, such as severe anxiety.His book was hilarious as he does lack self awareness , but very sad in parts too.It explains a lot about him. I have to spend less time in second hand shops.

ha ha! I see loads of copies of this too!

(fellow charity shop addict here)
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we are really suggesting future plotlines, how about "Peter Andre promises never to appear on television, give interviews or make "music" ever again"?

Pedah Andre, 20 minute Makeover, ep 3...

Pedah accidentally looks into a normal mirror and, for the first time, sees the reality of who he really is.

The shock turns him grey. And his hair. He walks slowly towards Claire, slaps her with a goldfish and then issues a statement apologising to the nation for everything.

He then drops Emily off at school and pays Gloria 2/3 of his income.
  • Options
    Forum Member

No doubt the Narrator would be forced to say "Even after Pete stumbled across a cruelly titled thread on a forum regarding his suffering he managed to shower & dress, have 17 espressos while pondering how misunderstood he was then bravely decided to go about his day, albeit with a heavy heart"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No please don't, she's probably collapsed in a heap after yet another long & exhausting day running about after the bone idle bugger & no doubt she has a 4am alarm call for the start of another relentless day!

SAVE GLORIA!:(

Even the housekeeper gets a bit part in his show to puff it out. I love her face when he asks her for a hug:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking it's the last show of the series next week?

The only reason I'm confused is I had an advert for something being the 'perfect gift for fathers day' pop up on screen and fathers day is in June.

What no DOTY episode in the pipeline?

:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    This is the reason I stopped buying Now magazine. His interviews make uncomfortable reading. There's no hint of love but rather what she does for him. It's like she's his carer rather than his lover.

I think he's got himself into this situation and it won't be easy to get out of it. He knew her parents. She was a teenager then with an obvious crush. Remember the fake wedding scene? The thing is if KP is his type then Ems is not going to be!
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily said something in last weeks (?) show that Peter had (patronisingly) said to her, "Remember that everything you're doing now, I've already done"

This was swiftly followed by Pete springing the surprise of a safari in Kenya on Emily, only to be told she'd not only already done two AND lived there, but he hadn't.

It's times like that, the show is unintentionally hilarious.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Emily said something in last weeks (?) show that Peter had (patronisingly) said to her, "Remember that everything you're doing now, I've already done"

This was swiftly followed by Pete springing the surprise of a safari in Kenya on Emily, only to be told she'd not only already done two AND lived there, but he hadn't.

It's times like that, the show is unintentionally hilarious.:D

She also told him that SHE had gone to university and he hadnt:D: Will Pete be taking an Open University Degree next.
This discussion has been closed.