How do you like your steak?

1235»

Comments

• GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very well done.

I cannot stand anything that is not cooked thoroughly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Medium or medium rare.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rare. With bernaise sauce preferably.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    So a good vet could get it's back on it's feet for me. Hardly touched by heat.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    But one steak that i haven't seen mentioned on here yet which is a real treat for price and quality is Flat iron, it isn't sold allot in any of the major outlets because when butchered it has a vein of tough sinew (i think thats the word) which needs to be cut out of the steak seperating the two pieces of steak, but if it comes preprepared or already butchered it is a great well marbled steak, tender and easy to cook well, cheap as chips, i always place it in my head as inbetween Sirloin and Rump, but with an almost Fillet tenderness, if you can see it, get some.
    I've had it from Morrisons and ALDI. I wasn't impressed with either. Cooked one medium rare and one medium.
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    So a good vet could get it's back on it's feet for me. Hardly touched by heat.

I like my steak to be walked past the radiator :D
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    Maybe if you learnt about the different cuts of beef and what type of dish they are used for, aswell as how to cook, that would help?

Try this

http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/articles/how-to-cook-the-perfect-steak

Made lovely sirloins on the bbq at the weekend, thanks will have a look at that link, most of the time I dont know what cut of beef it is, my Dad brings it and forgets what kind it is.