Options

Is there a scene in a film you have to rewind and watch over and over again?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bit when Joaquin Phoenix proposes on stage to Reese Witherspoon in Walk The Line and he lifts her up and it all goes in slo-mo - WEEP!
  • Options
    JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldboy – the corridor fight seen – amazing choreography all in one continous take, my jaw was on the ground and finger on the rewind button.

The Matrix – Trinity crashing into the skyscraper window holding on to the rope whilst the helicopter blows up behind her.

The Transformers (Michael Bay version) – at the start when Blackout (the helicopter) transforms before destroying everything in the US Military base.
    The whole transformation and music was brilliantly done.

The Transformers (animated movie) – Unicron finally transforms, truly epic with amazing music signifying the complete devastation about to come.
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    The helicopter attack sequence in Apocalypse Now, from the taking off up to the "smells like victory" bit. Flawless.

X Wings attacking the Death Star sequence from Star Wars

The beach landing in Saving Private Ryan

The "say what one more time" scene in Pulp Fiction.

The action/battle scenes from any of the Transformers films - it's not worth sitting through the rest of the films to get to them!
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thought of another one. Pele's overhead kick in Escape to Victory!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Pretty much any scene with Jack Back as Barry in High Fidelity :) The monday morning mix tape, the night Laura's daddy died, COSBY SWEATAAAH, I could go on and on. Fab film and he really was cracking in that role
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    When I first got a VHS player that could do slow-motion I used to watch the finale shoot out of The Wild Bunch in the slowest slo-mo possible and watch every balletic bullet hit in all their gory glory.

'Course I was a dumb-as-a-post teenager at the time and that sort of thing impressed me. Thankfully I've grown up a little since then.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kong fighting the dinasaurs

The final scene of Master and Commander ... love the music and the whole look of it

The end of The Last of the Mohicans, where the old man does for Magwar
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) Psycho2 .When Norman asks the old lady if she'd like a cheese sandwich- then whacks her over the head with a shovel.It was shocking yet strangely funny!.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JaiJai wrote: »
    Oldboy – the corridor fight seen – amazing choreography all in one continous take, my jaw was on the ground and finger on the rewind button.

The Matrix – Trinity crashing into the skyscraper window holding on to the rope whilst the helicopter blows up behind her.

The Transformers (Michael Bay version) – at the start when Blackout (the helicopter) transforms before destroying everything in the US Military base.
    The whole transformation and music was brilliantly done.

The Transformers (animated movie) – Unicron finally transforms, truly epic with amazing music signifying the complete devastation about to come.

:cool: The Oldboy fight sequence.Once seen,never forgotten.It's that good.
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene in 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' when Peter Guillam is in the Circus nicking a document and also as it continues to him being grilled a bit. Brilliant and unnerving.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene I have watched most is where Tuco gets blown up by the cannon and rolls into the graveyard and then runs round it to find the grave the "exctasy of gold" soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twNPXskWdGg
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The line up in the Police station in the film The Usual Suspects, gets me every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDfZ5HmA6fs
  • Options
    ChanfronChanfron Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    Lobby shoot out in The Matrix
    Showdown in the house of Blue Leaves in Kill Bill
    First Battle scene in 300
    Opening Battle and Coliseum Battle in Gladiator
    Necro attack on Helion Prime in The Chronicles of Riddick

Just a few I can think of at the moment.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Debbie Does Dallas. When Debbie (babe at the time) finally gets it in the department store.
  • Options
    tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This in Big Business. I must have rewinded 100 times when I was about 13. Still cracks me up now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkZ43zj01b0
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    tigerowl wrote: »
    This in Big Business. I must have rewinded 100 times when I was about 13. Still cracks me up now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkZ43zj01b0
    You do know it's based on an old Marx Bros. routine from Duck Soup, don't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5lU52aWTJo

Actually, I could watch this one again and again. Splendid stuff from G & H.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fight scene at the end of "Way of the Dragon" where Bruce Lee fight (and reluctantly kills) Chuck Norris.
    Well, actually ANY Bruce Lee fight scene ! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fight scene at the end of "Way of the Dragon" where Bruce Lee fight (and reluctantly kills) Chuck Norris.
    Well, actually ANY Bruce Lee fight scene ! :D

I mean...WOW ! :eek: :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYHZEu7Y7DU
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The arm cutting scene 127 Hours - It's never quite as gory as you think its gonna be but still a scene I'll remember.

Kick Ass - The scene where Hit Girl tries to save Kick Ass and Big Daddy, the strobe lights and music make that scene
  • Options
    Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Al Pacino's climactic big shouty scene in 'Scent Of A Woman';
    'If I was twenty years younger, I'd take a FLAME THROWER to this place!!!!'
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scene in The Forgotton when the guy remembers his Daughter :cry::cry:
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always rewind the Terrance and Phillip 'Asses of Fire' scene from South Park the Movie... never gets old.

Also lots of good rewindable parts in The Hangover.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The opening and the closing scene in Close My Eyes. Just perfect, even with the very slightly corny dialogue in the closing scene.
  • Options
    Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirty dancing - The time of my life dance esp. the lift. Not so much now I'm a grown up bu over an over until I wore the tape out (literally!) when I was kid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dance routines in Saturday Night Fever