Options

Leona Lewis: 'Trouble' chart prediction.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #10 .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I'm a big fan, but I have to be honest and say I don't think Trouble was the best choice as a lead single. It's not that I don't like it, I just don't think it has a big enough hook in the chorus. Even just from the snippets of the rest of the album, I can say I would have preferred at least 3-5 of those instead. I've heard the entire Glassheart(the song), and I think it would have been a much better choice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #7 it is then. A bit disappointing but I have no doubt she will soar to the top of next weekend's album chart.
  • Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »
    #7 it is then. A bit disappointing but I have no doubt she will soar to the top of next weekend's album chart.

No she won't. Mumford & Sons will block her. #2 or #3 for Glassheart next week.
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ICON111 wrote: »
    No she won't. Mumford & Sons will block her. #2 or #3 for Glassheart next week.

Mumford sold something like 45k this week. They'll probably decrease by another 10k.. I think Glassheart has a very strong chance at debuting at the top.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predicted 6- 8 and I was shouted off the thread. There's your world wide number 1 smash. I predict number 3 for the album
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »

It's very disappointing, but not surprising. I have compete faith in Leona, but none whatsoever in Syco. During this X Factor results show, there was an ad for Rebecca Ferguson's deluxe edition album. An ad for Glassheart would have been great too, but looks like it isn't happening.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very disappointing, but not surprising. I have compete faith in Leona, but none whatsoever in Syco. During this X Factor results show, there was an ad for Rebecca Ferguson's deluxe edition album. An ad for Glassheart would have been great too, but looks like it isn't happening.

Just saw Leona's ad there. lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Just saw Leona's ad there. lol

Really? An ad for Glassheart? I switched over as soon as it had finished, was it on afterwards?
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? An ad for Glassheart? I switched over as soon as it had finished, was it on afterwards?

Yeah it was on during the last ad break before the sing off and just again during Xtra Factor.

Apparently though it wasn't shown everywhere during X Factor, so that is probably why you didn't see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Yeah it was on during the last ad break before the sing off and just again during Xtra Factor.

Apparently though it wasn't shown everywhere during X Factor, so that is probably why you didn't see it.

I see, thanks.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, congratulations Leona on your 9th top 10 hit. The glassheart advert was lovely, and the album is brilliant, would love this to get no 1 next week.
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number 7 for Trouble wasn't that bad considering the lukewarm reception and poor airplay it received. In my eyes though Leona is an album artist and the if the singles where successful that was just a bonus.

However as far as the rest of this era goes I'm for a strategy like Kelly Clarksons Stronger where the second single is up-tempo and carries the album.

The advert is poor though. Can't believe the only song played throughout it was Trouble. Come Alive, Glassheart, Lovebirds or Fingerprints should have been played throughout to show what the album had in it. Even more so because the of poor reception of Trouble.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    Number 7 for Trouble wasn't that bad considering the lukewarm reception and poor airplay it received. In my eyes though Leona is an album artist and the if the singles where successful that was just a bonus.

However as far as the rest of this era goes I'm for a strategy like Kelly Clarksons Stronger where the second single is up-tempo and carries the album.

The advert is poor though. Can't believe the only song played throughout it was Trouble. Come Alive, Glassheart, Lovebirds or Fingerprints should have been played throughout to show what the album had in it. Even more so because the of poor reception of Trouble.

The album was labelled 'dud of the week' in today's Sunday Times, I know its getting decent/good reviews elsewhere...but labels like that don't help generate hype and good sales.
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album was labelled 'dud of the week' in today's Sunday Times, I know its getting decent/good reviews elsewhere...but labels like that don't help generate hype and good sales.

'dud of the week' What the hell? That reporter must have picked up the wrong album thinking it was Glassheart. Well lets hope with time she puts out the right single and turns this era into one that was worth the wait.