If Hayley and Dan do Jai Ho, they will win.

1235»

Comments

• Mrs FinkelsteinMrs Finkelstein Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I often miss these things!

I thought Hayley's spins looked good, but I noticed she spots, which I gather is discouraged in ice skating as you are going so fast the it interupts the flow of the spin...

I did enjoy seeing this routine again, but glad she didn't win as Ray can perform at least as well as Hayley with a lot more skating difficulty.

She does spot, and you're right, in skating you don't do that in a spin as it slows you down and can make you go off balance. With trained dancers (like Hayley and Ray) they are trained to spot from the start of their dance training and it's a really difficult habit to break. IIRC Ray said in his series he was struggling to 'stop' spotting in his spins and it was making him dizzy. Ray still does it in his spins which is why his and Hayley's spins aren't as fast as Chris Fountain's.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    I didn't think she'd win with Jai ho but it would have been her best chance, I think the fact that she couldn't do the solo spot well showed how she really couldn't skate without Dan