Options

James Corden OBE

Comments

• Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    :D Yeah...I really need to stop ordering that.

still, better than the memories eh? ;-):D
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Cordon bleurgh!

:D Lol.
    planets wrote: »
    still, better than the memories eh? ;-):D

:o Yeah, right enough, on second thoughts...
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    There should be a petition calling for this OBE to be stripped.

We, the undersigned, wish to protest at the disrepute brought upon the honours system by the award of an OBE to a fat Welsh bloke.
    Signed Jimmy Savile OBE, Sir Cyril Smith, Sir Robert Mugabe, Lord Jeffrey Archer etc. etc.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We, the undersigned, wish to protest at the disrepute brought upon the honours system by the award of an OBE to a fat Welsh bloke.
    Signed Jimmy Savile OBE, Sir Cyril Smith, Sir Robert Mugabe, Lord Jeffrey Archer etc. etc.
    I resent this. The undersigned had to commit far more than merely being fat and annoying to deserve their OBE
    Standards I say.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    I think James Corden is so funny and quite clever, well done to him, I bet he and his family are dead chuffed :)[/QUOTE

So do I. He is very talented.
    Don't get the hate except in the UK we hate successful people.

Come on. That's a bit of a sweeping statement. :D

For instance. Alison Steadman OBE, thoroughly deserved.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Get your point absolutely...but JC isn't from my neck of the woods. Although he did spend a lot of time in South Wales, obviously!

Are you thinking of Sir Harry Seagoon? ;-)

(Don't mean that unpleasantly...he was a good chap, Harry.)
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh he said yes did he?

Funny how we don't hear about the celebs who say no
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My condolences to him and his family at this sad time.

... Wait, it says James Corden OBE not James Corden RIP? CORDEN'S ALIVE?! My mistake then.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get your point absolutely...but JC isn't from my neck of the woods. Although he did spend a lot of time in South Wales, obviously!

Are you thinking of Sir Harry Seagoon? ;-)

(Don't mean that unpleasantly...he was a good chap, Harry.)

My mistake and apologies to anyone inadvertantly offended. RIP Sir Seagoon who was the first act at my Dad's funeral (so to speak).
  • Options
    BigNipperBigNipper Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    He must of blew someone.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mistake and apologies to anyone inadvertantly offended. RIP Sir Seagoon who was the first act at my Dad's funeral (so to speak).

Sure no-one was. I was having a pedantic moment. Sure Harry would be the first to say he was definately a non skinny Welshie. :)
  • Options
    Blackjack DavyBlackjack Davy Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An OBE for being an... generally annoying someone who never seems to be off the TV?

Wow.... and I thought it was given for doing something worthy or notable.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have the haters watched the wrong mans? i'm not a massive fan of cordon but i thought that was great the other night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what a spiteful thread this is!

The man has won a Tony Award, which is Broadway's equivalent of an Oscar. He's also won a BAFTA, too! He's just been awarded hosting duties for the rather prestigious US chat-show, The Late Late Show on CBS. He continues to star in, produce and write well received shows, plays and films (from as early as 1996), but all DS can seemingly muster is to make naff jokes about him being OBEse.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    I like him.

me too.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    What for?
    80sfan wrote: »
    This has to be a joke

Perhaps it's for being a joke. Though jokes are supposed to be funny.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »

The man has won a Tony Award, which is Broadway's equivalent of an Oscar. He's also won a BAFTA, too! He's just been awarded hosting duties for the rather prestigious US chat-show, The Late Late Show on CBS. He continues to star in, produce and write well received shows, plays and films (from as early as 1996), but all DS can seemingly muster is to make naff jokes about him being OBEse.

You are either Corden or his agent :D
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    idlewilde wrote: »
    They forgot the SE on the end of that honour.

Hahaha, low blow Idey, low blow. :D
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed! Anyone would think its Katie Hopkins getting an OBE!

I can't get too worked up over the honours list anyway. Didn't they award over 100 Olympians in 2013? Yet someone on here moans that you shouldn't get an honour for being good at your job....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floozie_21 wrote: »

I'd put a quid on her getting one next year
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him.

My sister met him at some works function and said he was lovely to everyone.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member

And? There are plenty of other overrated celebs who don't deserve the awards they have. He just joins that list.
  • Options
    radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, Jack Whitehall will be next, he appears to be the "media darlings" latest obsession as a so called "comedy genius". Give me strength!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radyag wrote: »
    OMG, Jack Whitehall will be next, he appears to be the "media darlings" latest obsession as a so called "comedy genius". Give me strength!

Very true. There was a stage last year where it seemed Whitehall was on every single programme. He's another unlikeable character.
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floozie_21 wrote: »

I can't get too worked up over the honours list anyway. Didn't they award over 100 Olympians in 2013? Yet someone on here moans that you shouldn't get an honour for being good at your job....

I like James Corden. But very surprised he's got an OBE! Seems a bit random.