Options

OCC Scottish Singles Chart

RelicsOfSevenRelicsOfSeven Posts: 66
Forum Member
Hi all.

Can someone in the know please inform me of the status of the Official Scottish Singles Chart at present; presumably the sister show to the BBC Official UK Chart broadcast for the UK on behalf of the OCC (Official Chart Company) on Radio 1. Is this show broadcast anywhere on Scottish radio at present or is it only published on the OCC website?

Any information will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Chris

Comments

• Options
    AJ007AJ007 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I don't think any Scottish station has aired the Scottish Top 40 chart since the 90s when Radio Clyde dropped it's Saturday morning show.

It used to be very interesting in the 80s when the Scottish ILR stations and BBC Radio Scotland broadcast rival Scottish top 40s!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    The Scottish top 20 is on Bauer Place Scotland Saturday 12-2pm
  • Options
    MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kierankay wrote: »

You end up wondering why they carry two (three until in demand went south) charts and not just dump off one in favour for the other. (Drop BT40) I know global pay bauer, but still.
  • Options
    Jim GellatlyJim Gellatly Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Kierankay wrote: »
    That's not the OCC chart though. Only place I'm aware of the "official" Scottish Chart appearing (aside from website) is in the Daily Record. Don't think any broadcasters carry it. It's rarely significantly different from the UK chart.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    It's rarely significantly different from the UK chart.

True Jim but it was refreshing to see Withered Hand in the Scottish album chart at 13, after going in at 93 nationally.
  • Options
    Jim GellatlyJim Gellatly Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Chicas wrote: »
    True Jim but it was refreshing to see Withered Hand in the Scottish album chart at 13, after going in at 93 nationally.
    Yes. Amazing talent.
  • Options
    RelicsOfSevenRelicsOfSeven Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    So basically it's broadcast nowhere on UK radio ?