Options

The Correct Person Always Wins

The thing I think has I'm a Celeb over other shows is that the right person always wins in the end- Foggy is a truly deserving King of the Jungle. He wasn't a show off or nasty, he was what a king was meant to be.

Jake- I liked at points but the flirting just wasn't entertaining- I found it a bit creepy! But he seems like a nice guy whenever he's not doing that'

Mel- An Amazon but did cause tension in camp, thought she was a really deserving finalist!

Comments

• Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012 want the correct winner.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm... Swash!

There ends that one then.
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biggins. Not a worthy winner either. Glad Foggy won it this year though.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    most of them have been unworthy (meaning I didn't like them:p)
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kerry Katona ? She got Westlife fan votes.
    Matt Willis ? Was in a boy band.
    Dougie Poynter ? Boy band.
    Carol Thatcher ? Tory voters votes.
    Charlie Brooks ? Soap star and they put her young daughter on with, " Please, let my mummy win- I want to be princess of the jungle!". Aww. !
    Joe Swash. Words fail me.
    This year: How entertaining was Carl Fogerty ? I mean..really.
    None of the above seem to me to have been the most worthy winners. For some of those years, there wasn't much point in other campmates being there, let alone doing anything because the result was so predictable.
    ...and yes, Biggins was awful.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The celeb who has pissed off the least amount of viewers wins. It would be nice if someone who doesn't piss off the viewers and is entertaining won for a change.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willis: a man-boy who made Tim Henman seem interesting, unless you were 15, obsessed with pink and prone to use your hair brush as a microphone.
    Biggins: Fake, fake, fake.
    Swash: possibly the most talentless, irritating, weird person ever to make a 'career' on TV.

I don't think the show has ever quite recovered from that triple whammy of naffness.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie Brooks ? Soap star and they put her young daughter on with, " Please, let my mummy win- I want to be princess of the jungle!". Aww. !
    None of the above seem to me to have been the most worthy winners. For some of those years, there wasn't much point in other campmates being there, let alone doing anything because the result was so predictable.

Agreed. :( There's more than a few who will be taking that scar with them to the grave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last three posts were more entertaining than most of the just finished series. :D.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swash ...,..,,,, least said soonest mended , but I rest my case
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're probably right. I mean, my favourite didn't always win, but I could see why the person who did win won. The only year I felt strongly was when Charlie Brooks won, I really thought Ashley Roberts deserved it more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thatcher was more of an old-fashioned style winner. I don't think many Tories would have voted - certainly not older Tories, who were surely a tiny part of the audience for a show like this - so I think she got more support from those who knew that her antics would embarrass her mother and those who just regarded her in an apolitical way as an eccentric.

The boy band contestant is really bad for the show - their fan base wrecks the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Swash ...,..,,,, least said soonest mended , but I rest my case

Doesn't it bemuse you how he keeps getting work? I'm baffled by it. Surely female TV crew members must hate having to put up with him (and it's quite gobsmackingly bizarre that eighty year old entertainers are getting sent to jail while Swash leers, strokes, grabs and fondles every woman he encounters, on camera, in 2014!), and any grown ups among the production team must shake their heads at his painfully limited and over-familiar 'routine' when on camera, yet they keep inviting him back! His stupid fake accent, his stupid 'I'm a bit gay but also a real lad' act and his endless inane comments amount to the most tiresome presence on TV.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't it bemuse you how he keeps getting work? I'm baffled by it. Surely female TV crew members must hate having to put up with him (and it's quite gobsmackingly bizarre that eighty year old entertainers are getting sent to jail while Swash leers, strokes, grabs and fondles every woman he encounters, on camera, in 2014!), and any grown ups among the production team must shake their heads at his painfully limited and over-familiar 'routine' when on camera, yet they keep inviting him back! His stupid fake accent, his stupid 'I'm a bit gay but also a real lad' act and his endless inane comments amount to the most tiresome presence on TV.

I am completly baffled too . It makes no sense at all . Women are not the only ones to suffer. He has the downright cheek to think he can kiss men as a greeting
    A nasty little numpty who tjinks he is Gods gift
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is the only work Swash gets isn't it, is he still an 'actor'? :D
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    The celeb who has pissed off the least amount of viewers wins. It would be nice if someone who doesn't piss off the viewers and is entertaining won for a change.

Kian is lovely. :p
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just had a look at the previous winners

i have watched all the series but cannot remember at all the 3rd placed Fran Cosgrave(2004) or Jason Brown(2007) (even had to google them:o)

funny as well how you never remember who were the runners up too:kitty:
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    just had a look at the previous winners

i have watched all the series but cannot remember at all the 3rd placed Fran Cosgrave(2004) or Jason Brown(2007) (even had to google them:o)

funny as well how you never remember who were the runners up too:kitty:

True - but often they are the ones who SHOULD have won if all was right and just - which it is not.

The worst example of that was Jenny Bond losing out to Kerry - incredible !
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I think has I'm a Celeb over other shows is that the right person always wins in the end- Foggy is a truly deserving King of the Jungle. He wasn't a show off or nasty, he was what a king was meant to be.

Jake- I liked at points but the flirting just wasn't entertaining- I found it a bit creepy! But he seems like a nice guy whenever he's not doing that'

Mel- An Amazon but did cause tension in camp, thought she was a really deserving finalist!

You mean your favourite has won this time. To say the right person always wins is a mis-placed statement - unless of course it is always your favourite who happens to win.

In which case let us all know early to avoid us wondering and save us a few quid placing votes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Foggy was the right person to win imo
  • Options
    Arnold1Arnold1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are very negative. That final eating trial with Fogerty was hilarious and had the funniest moments in the whole series IMO. Also "boy band" is not a reason why someone is not a worthy winner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arnold1 wrote: »
    You are very negative. That final eating trial with Fogerty was hilarious and had the funniest moments in the whole series IMO. Also "boy band" is not a reason why someone is not a worthy winner.

The final eating trial is always popular whoever, does it.
    Boy band members - I thought that Kian, deserved to win. No problem but ...
    Matt Willis ? Are you kidding ? Winning having been in a band- fine. Winning only, due to having been in a band - ugh, no.

There are loads of contestants I've really liked but yes, I'm negative about people who seem to have a problem with walking and chewing gum at the same time yet still cruise through to win, smply because they've been in a band or in a soap.
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disagree. I thought Ashley Roberts was robbed of her title against Janine from Eastenders.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TreyC wrote: »
    Disagree. I thought Ashley Roberts was robbed of her title against Janine from Eastenders.

Eastenders being the reason Ashley was robbed! If you want to win a "reality" type show, make sure you go in a soap first!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that Ashley should have won, too. She deserved to.