IMDB Has A Good Day To Die Hard Rated 18

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Regarding Mrs Doubtfire, it's not the word vibrator she says, it's a couple of references to cunnilingus that she mentions that are cut in the UK release. Watching it recently on RTÉ TWO at teatime and having those lines back in made the scene much more funny and you can understand more Pierce Brosnan's characters uncomfortable-ness at what is being said to him. You lose that in the UK cut of the film.

Thanks for the correction. It's a scarily long time since that film came out. I don't think I've seen it since it's release.

Have to give Robin Williams credit for not doing the easy big money paycheck sequels.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Regarding Mrs Doubtfire, it's not the word vibrator she says, it's a couple of references to cunnilingus that she mentions that are cut in the UK release. Watching it recently on RTÉ TWO at teatime and having those lines back in made the scene much more funny and you can understand more Pierce Brosnan's characters uncomfortable-ness at what is being said to him. You lose that in the UK cut of the film.

Back to Die Hard 5 and I too am baffled why the bigger market of the US gets it uncut but the UK gets a cut version. Like I said in another thread, if I actually had any faith in this film or the franchise I'd travel 20 minutes over the border and watch this in an ROI cinema as they have rated it 15A uncut. Why watch it butchered in a local cinema?

Interesting that they have allowed 4 uses of the F word and partial MF and kept it 12, but wasn't a partial MF the sole reason why Die Hard 4 had to be given a 15? The BBFC wouldn't allow it, even partly uttered in a 12 film. So either they've done the same thing, (he says "mother..." and the sound of something else covers it up), or he barely gets to start saying "mother" and a noise covers the rest. How standards have changed since 2007, eh?

The trailer on TV last night shows McClane hanging off a helicopter and saying Yippie-Ki-Yay then he crashes through a window so I'm guessing it happens then, but why are they spoiling the ending of the film in the friggin' trailer?! He only says that line at the end when the bad guys are being killed! :rolleyes:

Or :p

He might get shot in the head by the bad guy before he can say it and then the bad guy would get shot by his son then his son would say yipee...ki..a mother.... (credits come up)
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »

Thanks, it wasn't always like that, it used to be on the main page!
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,920
    Forum Member
    If you're signed up to imdb, just go into your profile and there's an option to return it the old look.