Help please with my Toshiba DVR20KB

Hope someone can help. I hade this unit for nearly a year, and I still haven't worked everything out. Normally if I have it on DVD and I want to go back to VCR I just press that button but nothing happens.

Also when I turn it off the DVD light button is still on and I can still hear it.

I've been going through the manual, but still cannot work it out. I think I must have touched some other button by mistake.

I should also mention that when I press the VCR button a red circle with a line through it appears in the bottom right corner.

Comments

• Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a quick flick through the manual to check some of the basics. It looks like the machine is okay with just one connection to the TV to serve either the DVDR or VCR side. Have you got yours hooked up with HDMI or something else?

I also had a look at the DVD-R/VCR switching. That seems pretty straightforward. Just a button for each side. I take it you can play a DVD okay? How about watching TV via the Toshiba's built in tuner. Can you do that while in DVD-R mode?

There's a button on the remote marked Display near the cursor keys. What happens when you press that?
  • cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel a bit of a fool. Before reading your message I had turned off and unplugged everything then put everything back on. That didn't work .

I started pressing some buttons, on the remote, found out I had the Sat Link button on.

Everything's O.K now. I'am not very Teckno minded, but thanks for your input.
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you are sorted and thanks for feeding back. All the best.