Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    dudiusdudius Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    cheeky bingo--what the hell is that all about-some stupid chopped off head winking at you and saying "cheeky cheeky"...

Not just saying it, but for some reason slurring it ... weird :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Thursday's Daily Telegraph was a bit of news to be warned about.

Boots have teamed up with Strictly Come Dancing's make up artist, Lisa Armstrong, to produce 14 versions of the "Here come the Girls" themed ads on the run up to Xmas :eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Oldbod wrote: »
    In Thursday's Daily Telegraph was a bit of news to be warned about.

Boots have teamed up with Strictly Come Dancing's make up artist, Lisa Armstrong, to produce 14 versions of the "Here come the Girls" themed ads on the run up to Xmas :eek::eek:

:mad: fking hell!

They have been pumping out adverts with that song for months now, do they not realise how sick the general public are of hearing it? its insufferable now due to amount of times they have used it

"Here co..[MUTE]"

:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The foster's good call lager advert where the bloke from the UK calls the 2 aussie's for advice on a tattoo.

Don't Foster's ad agency know there's an 11 hour time difference? In the UK the bloke is standing in daylight in a garden where there's a party going on. The two Aussie's are in a hut on the beach during a hot day as well.

This is physically impossible. One of the locations would have to be set at night.
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prontopro wrote: »
    The foster's good call lager advert where the bloke from the UK calls the 2 aussie's for advice on a tattoo.

Don't Foster's ad agency know there's an 11 hour time difference? In the UK the bloke is standing in daylight in a garden where there's a party going on. The two Aussie's are in a hut on the beach during a hot day as well.

This is physically impossible. One of the locations would have to be set at night.
    Perhaps his garden's floodlit ??

Think the most aggravating ones are Heinz Tomato Soup all that ****ing whistling & slurping & the "funny" Malteser ones:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Prontopro wrote: »

Maybe they're not in Australia - after all, the Fosters sold here isn't Australian.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :mad: fking hell!

They have been pumping out adverts with that song for months now, do they not realise how sick the general public are of hearing it? its insufferable now due to amount of times they have used it

"Here co..[MUTE]"

:mad:

It has been years, not months. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I worked in Boots last xmas, and that godawful 'Here come the girls' song was played every ten minutes. Absolute torture.

Also agree that the Fosters one with those two aussie idiots is incredibly annoying.
  • Options
    IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    borodave wrote: »
    I worked in Boots last xmas, and that godawful 'Here come the girls' song was played every ten minutes. Absolute torture.

Also agree that the Fosters one with those two aussie idiots is incredibly annoying.
    I refuse to buy in shops that play music or as Lloyds pharmasy do now "Lloyds radio", the un-wanted NOISE is distracting, annoying and un-neccessary, I am a member of "Pipe Down" the campaign against noise pollution, Like Joanna Lumley, a Pipedown supporter
    I have left shops unable to browse at leisure - and indeed buy anything at all - simply because of the piped music.
    http://www.pipedown.info/
  • Options
    closedbookclosedbook Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Halifax ads still going strong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    closedbook wrote: »
    Halifax ads still going strong.

Might not be the worst advert on TV, but I HATE that Halifax one with "ISA, ISA baby"...that woman! Her face! Her neck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chinchon73 wrote: »
    Might not be the worst advert on TV, but I HATE that Halifax one with "ISA, ISA baby"...that woman! Her face! Her neck!

Her head dancing technique isnt bad! and the girl who drops her cup on the keyboard is very pretty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbod wrote: »

Jesus.

I've had a horrible morning and now I think I've lost the will to live altogether.

:D

Seriously, though. Their ads are bad enough as it is, but 14 different versions all using the same song? How up themselves can a company be???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Fking direct line are doing my head in :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm sick to death of being told about LANDLORD INSURANCE, TRADESMAN INSURANCE AND FKING VAN INSURANCE :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ARGHHHH SHUT THE FK UP!
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Some ads go through bad to good in an itchy kind of way. I've grown quite fond of the nitwit who says that getting wonga for his phone is KKEWWWWEL.

And, I'm sorry but I thing the Bing Crosby one is hilarious. Bog all to do with Argos but makes me laugh.

Now, as to the ones I hate..... well, give me an hour or so, and I'll be back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Injury Lawers for you"--How can you take the ad seriously when the guy fronting it played a bent copper in The Bill? Doesnt fill me with confidence to engage them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annoying adverts? whatever that Marks and Spencer one is with Peter Kay. He's so unfunny, and it's made worse by the fact the stunt double used in the dancing segment is some thin guy, and it's painfully obvious. I hate all the Marks adverts to be honest. Terrible, annoying as hell stuff.

On a side note, I do like the Fosters adverts, and I find it hilarious people here are complaining "it's day in both locations, who did the continuity for this five minute advert!?"
  • Options
    jenailsajenailsa Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the one with the annoying giggle encouraging people who maybe can't afford it to waste money playing bingo. Not good.
  • Options
    dudiusdudius Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    EIwood wrote: »

On a side note, I do like the Fosters adverts, and I find it hilarious people here are complaining "it's day in both locations, who did the continuity for this five minute advert!?"

If I had to watch a five minute advert, I think I'd gouge my eyes out :cool:
  • Options
    IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenailsa wrote: »
    the one with the annoying giggle encouraging people who maybe can't afford it to waste money playing bingo. Not good.
    un-fortunately that IS the mark of things these days, that and the "Pawn-brokers'" ads on TV, in a country ruined by the lies, false accounting and book-cooking of Blair and Brown.

As an out-sider/in-comer we envied and admired the British for their honesty and solid economy, the Pound was regarded as a solid dependable currency, un-touched and un-touchable by inflation, where the gap between the rich and poor was big but nowhere near as big as it is now, back then the brits exuded a a showing of "All in it together" NOW it's the rich grab it all and trample of the poor pushing them even further into poverty and misery, the cry of Blair and Brown seems to hve been, "On-ward bring back the Victorian work-house for the poor and roast goose for the rich",

any-way back to the ads
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun's bingo ad, we all know the Sun's bingo is fixed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is an advert for some insurance company that uses Gerry Rafferty's Baker street. The mans voice over is very creepy and begins a fraction of a second into the ad starting with him 'ooozing' "Hey Homeowners.....blah,blah your insurance." Due to the sudden and creepy start I was always mis-hearing this as "Hey Homo's....blah,blah your insurance"

I was greatly puzzled by this for some time. Not only was I shocked at what I believed to be offensive, but I was also concerned as to why an insurance company would offer such a policy. I mean I can understand that it may smart a bit, but surely its not that dangerous or they wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just realised that Mrs Bel chere in the Tesco ad is Amanda Holden,:o
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Only just realised that Mrs Bel chere in the Tesco ad is Amanda Holden,:o

It's an easy mistake to make, one newspaper critic compared her look to Joan Rivers :D
  • Options
    CrimsonmonCrimsonmon Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever that one with the annoying French song is for, I've never been able to even see the product as I turn over within a few seconds.
This discussion has been closed.