Options

Brothers and Sisters Season 5

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
Season 5 of Brothers and Sisters is scheduled to premiere in the UK on the Thursday 20th January 2011 on More4

Anyone else stupidly excited?!

:):

Comments

• Options
    ComputerComputer Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graeme25 wrote: »
    Season 5 of Brothers and Sisters is scheduled to premiere in the UK on the Thursday 20th January 2011 on More4

Yup! :D
  • Options
    laundryladylaundrylady Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow thanks for that - will put it on my phone calendar to remind me to set the PVR! :D So many regular series finished before Xmas (Ugly Betty :cry:) it will be great to have this to look forward to!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Can't wait. I love this show:D
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im watching it online, its got two good episode sout of the 10 ive seen so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I am a bit of a mega fan I'm afraid...even the less good episodes are great to me! :o
  • Options
    Ian1943Ian1943 Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the prompt. This is my favourite American series and I have been waiting for a start date since Desperate Housewives finished! I love them both but prefer Brothers & Sisters.
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    Can't wait!

And I am so glad that they asked for more episode, that's a good sign.

I should be getting Series 4 on DVD very soon and will probably be able to finish that before Series 5 starts.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame that excellent shows like this and The Good Wife are being dumped onto the HD free zone that is More 4.

Channel 4 presumably pay for HD rights then do not use them.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased about that, considering how Season 4 ended.

I do have a sneaky suspicion it could well be the final season as well, all things considered. Makes me wonder if it's worth waiting for it to be repeated on C4 in HD ..
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Also pleased this is returning, main reason for watching...... Emily VanCamp....;)
    :cool:
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I love Brothers and Sisters too!
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Also pleased this is returning, main reason for watching...... Emily VanCamp....;)

Hate to break it to you but
    She leaves in episode 2...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you but
    She leaves in episode 2...
    :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Graeme25 wrote: »

Thanks for that!

My two favourite shows are back to entertain me. Brothers and Sisters and Greys Anatomy. Fabulous :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got stupidly excited seeing the "coming soon" promo on E4 the other day. I was trying to find out if B&S was coming back so so glad it is! Can't wait. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Very excited indeed. Totally hooked on this show!!!
  • Options
    telly fantelly fan Posts: 2,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks I'm very excited
    please someone bump this thread nearer the time when I can vplus it
    I hate when I forget and miss the first episode of things :(
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right on my birthday! Yay!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I've always heard good things about this series but I've only ever seen a few episodes. Is it easy enough to get "in-to" if I start watching from this series? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    andrew89 wrote: »
    I've always heard good things about this series but I've only ever seen a few episodes. Is it easy enough to get "in-to" if I start watching from this series? :)

I would say "yes" to your question. It's basically a family dynamic dramatised so lots of things happen :D It's great. The mother Nora is just like my mum, always worrying. There's the off the rails son, the gay son, the drug addict son, the successful daughter stricken by illness, the other successful daughter who can't find love. Just normal life really!

Seriously though, you can definitely pick it up now in Season 5. But why not get the box sets and series link this one on More4. Then you can enjoy them all ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Ojo wrote: »
    I would say "yes" to your question. It's basically a family dynamic dramatised so lots of things happen :D It's great. The mother Nora is just like my mum, always worrying. There's the off the rails son, the gay son, the drug addict son, the successful daughter stricken by illness, the other successful daughter who can't find love. Just normal life really!

Seriously though, you can definitely pick it up now in Season 5. But why not get the box sets and series link this one on More4. Then you can enjoy them all ;)

Thanks Ojo :)

I must check out Amazon & see about the Box-sets
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ojo wrote: »
    I would say "yes" to your question. It's basically a family dynamic dramatised so lots of things happen

Thing is though, if you jump in at this point then you're going to miss all the history and backstory of the characters.

For a show like this, that's how it works so well for me is because each character has so much depth and so much history you care about each one of them in different ways.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see so many other people as excited about the start of this brilliant programme as I am :D

Be really good if we could get a thread going with all our comments when it does start up...I never have anybody else to talk to about it and would be nice to share our comments :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Be really good if we could get a thread going with all our comments when it does start up

I'm guessing this will be the thread to comment on BAS5.:)