Options

American Reunion

NickClapperNickClapper Posts: 119
Forum Member
I guess you'd really have to love the American Pie series to be excited about this film but, perhaps, some of you are.

You shouldn't be. It's rubbish. Maybe I'm just too cynical or don't have the same connection to the 'original trilogy' but this is such boring, juvenile humour that I found it very difficult to derive any pleasure from the viewing experience.

Still, a lot of people, have enjoyed it so my review only forms one side of the argument.

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen it yet but loved the wedding one so I reckon I'll enjoy this movie as well.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the 1st 2 and this one looks just as funny and good as the 1st 2 :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've decided I'm going to wait for the DVD. I've heard a lot of mixed things about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was lucky enough to see a preview, with most of the cast doing a Q&A before, just over a week ago.

I've got to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I've seen all Pie movies, which IMHO gradually decreased in quality.
    But I remember the impact of the Original one (still have the "uncut" VHS!).

This is (again, my opinion here) on par with the first one.
    The thing I like about the films in general is that they have the "gross-out" comedy, but still have a heart and sweetness about them.

As usual Stifler and Jim get most of the laughs and stand-out lines (which isn't surprising, as Jason Biggs and Sean William Scott also produced). but the characters aging is fleshed out nicely.

If you liked any of the other films, I would definitely recommend a viewing ... and watch out for an uncredited cameo from a known actor/actress towards the end ..

Just a mention about the cast at the Q&A, I'm happy to confirm that they all behaved like a bunch of kids, and Jason Biggs seems to be the real-life "Stifler" of the group, as he seemed quite tanked-up and was endearingly sweary and funny.
    Jennifer Coolidge is quite the "MILF" in real life as well ... :p
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    I saw this about 3wks ago. It's not good as the first few we're. It starts off funny enough but by 15mins in, it's crap. Much prefer the original movies, alot more funny
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    A very tired series now. Even bringing back the original cast to the franchise doesn't turn this round. The jokes have been done before and in pretty much everyone of the other films. I mean how many times are we supposed to laugh at Jim getting caught with his pants down?
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it last night and i really did enjoy it,easily as good as the first one in my opinion
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My plan is to watch the first 3 over the weekend - I've seen all of them but I don't really remember much about them.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I saw this today and it was good with quite a few laughs.Not amazing and nowhere near as good as 21 Jump Street!