Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    The man waiting for a child to come out of the toilet. The child obviously doesn't need any help and more than likely can get back to his seat, or at least the top of the steps where the man can be waiting while still keeping an eye on the action rather than him prancing about outside like an expectant father.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    midds wrote: »
    The man waiting for a child to come out of the toilet. The child obviously doesn't need any help and more than likely can get back to his seat, or at least the top of the steps where the man can be waiting while still keeping an eye on the action rather than him prancing about outside like an expectant father.

Is that the one where the father has a little girl, but when it comes out of the toilet it is a boy.?:D:D
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankfully it won't be on telly for much longer, but - for some reason - Sky News thinks that a music video type commercial will want to make us watch their coverage of the Budget. :confused:
  • wollygobblewollygobble Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I really like this article about it: http://adturds.co.uk/2015/01/moneysupermarket-twerking-advert/ particularly the following commentary:
    the only metric is whether people would share it on social networks, watch the video on their smartphones and talk about it on the bus.
    Something can be the most well-loved, most talked-about advert of all time, and still not sell the product. I remember years ago testing family and friends about what it was that "refreshes the parts other beers don't reach". Even when the advert was still current, nobody had a clue. They knew it was a lager with a foreign name, but that was as far as it went. What's the use of that?
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Something can be the most well-loved, most talked-about advert of all time, and still not sell the product. I remember years ago testing family and friends about what it was that "refreshes the parts other beers don't reach". Even when the advert was still current, nobody had a clue. They knew it was a lager with a foreign name, but that was as far as it went. What's the use of that?
    And if people only share and remember the advert, but it turns them off the product so they don't use it, surely that's defeating the object of advertising which is to promote more business.
  • ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    And if people only share and remember the advert, but it turns them off the product so they don't use it, surely that's defeating the object of advertising which is to promote more business.

Conversely, all my family and friends at the time knew it was Heineken.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The new miss dior advert starring the lovely Natalie Portman who is actually at the altar getting married then decides to run off abandoning her fiancé to meet up with some guy in a helicopter who starts kissing her.

So the advert is about promoting adultery?
    There's no way that guy just happens to be flying past to pick her up and after ditching someone on their wedding day she then proceeds to make out with a stranger Because if that's what happens then that's as bad as the adultery and Natalies character is a two timing slag either way.

Fellas, if your misses starts buying miss dior then dump the cheating bitch IMMEDIATELY

Hey I have Miss Dior and I'm not an adulterer,tbf it's a really nice perfume.
    But yeah some ad's haven't been thought through properly regarding the messages they put out.

There's an annoying car ad with dance music and kids singing something like 'baby I don't know, just why I lurrrvve you so' and it creeps me out every time. Kids singing can be creepy but the lyrics sound like they were written by a 20yr old,so it sounds doubly wrong.

And the volksvagen (sp?) ad where the dad does his 'courageous duties' (actually ya know does the basics of being a father) dropping his kids off in the car etc in an odd way amuses me. I recognised the actor playing the father from a drama where he played an alcoholic parent who had his children put in care. Awkward.
  • Suzanne_EnnazusSuzanne_Ennazus Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The wowcher one with the women embarrassing, even attacking/assaulting the men throughout the advert.

How the **** do they get away with that?
    The reverse situation would NEVER be allowed

I guess because women are generally more weak due to not having muscle mass that testosterone gives men, so unless they have a weapon they don't kill men in the numbers men kill women. What happened to all the real men now? It used to be that if a woman went to hit with man, he could hold one arm out to overpower her, or even find it amusing she even tried. Nowadays all they seem to do is fill online comment sections whinging about women.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh, another vote for the "getcheraands on ahh big money baws", please Ms Windsor, it's OK turn down these tacky things now because we don't all have the mute button at the ready...
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was it Skol?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    There's an annoying car ad with dance music and kids singing something like 'baby I don't know, just why I lurrrvve you so' and it creeps me out every time. Kids singing can be creepy but the lyrics sound like they were written by a 20yr old,so it sounds doubly wrong.

And the volksvagen (sp?) ad where the dad does his 'courageous duties' (actually ya know does the basics of being a father) dropping his kids off in the car etc in an odd way amuses me. I recognised the actor playing the father from a drama where he played an alcoholic parent who had his children put in care. Awkward.

that advert with the children singing that song I find something creepy about it too. Not an appropriate song for those children to sing.

As for the father one it's refreshing to have an advert that remembers dad's exist and doesn't make them into an incompetent butt of the the joke just so they can make the mother look superior and partake in the female favourite pastime in media which is to roll her eyes at a man.

In fairness there are so many adverts out there fawning over mothers doing the basic thing mothers should do like the "mums, you're doing great" as one example that are stupid and annoying there's no reason even the sole one aimed at dad's shouldn't be too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess because women are generally more weak due to not having muscle mass that testosterone gives men, so unless they have a weapon they don't kill men in the numbers men kill women. What happened to all the real men now? It used to be that if a woman went to hit with man, he could hold one arm out to overpower her, or even find it amusing she even tried. Nowadays all they seem to do is fill online comment sections whinging about women.

You're being sarcastic now?
    You haven't just pathetically tried to justify violence against the opposite sex, domestic violence, murder based solely of the gender of the victim and murdere and make fun of the victim whilst condemning it in one embarrassing sexist rant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like this article about it: http://adturds.co.uk/2015/01/moneysupermarket-twerking-advert/ particularly the following commentary:

I wouldn't mind seeing that advert as it happens :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the David Cameron at the bottom of the article
  • lpjthomaslpjthomas Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    The "We're All In" pensions advert. My workplace is featured in the advert and I see enough of my colleagues at work, I don't need to be seeing them on TV at home too.
  • Fat rascalFat rascal Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    sorrell wrote: »
    Another vote for the Lidl advert and not just because it's so silly...loads of pub restuarants source their food really cheaply and wouldn't dream of charging the customer the same price they paid for it...it's that woman near the end who says "It's so tend-dah" in that awful teenage whinge voice!
    ...Just when comic relief finished and we no longer have to hear that god awful noise from malteser cake woman...along comes this annoying bint!

Also:
    smarmy man - the lamb is ridiculously good
    Woman who only says "how" but manages to do so in a very annoying way
    And finally the cherry on the top the one that sounds incredibly thick "where does it come from, where's it sourced"
    Grrrrr>:(
  • somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised no-one has commented on the Nivea ad with the 'footballers' late for something or other, hijacking a robin reliant and ending with a slo mo waving showing their nice clean arm pits. WTF!
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Dr. Oaeker

Oh for christ sake bloody grow up woman. Its a cup cake who cares who makes them the best.

Berocca

Just tell the boss to stop overloading your desk and get some other lazy sod in your office to do some work. You do have a after work life.

Boots

Seriously? Mum says to daughter you look hot? EWWWWW How sick.

As bad as that coloured girl who says like your hair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The middle class snobs sitting in a restaurant patronising Lidl, and how they are surprised at getting change >:(>:(>:(
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fat rascal wrote: »
    Also:
    smarmy man - the lamb is ridiculously good
    Woman who only says "how" but manages to do so in a very annoying way
    And finally the cherry on the top the one that sounds incredibly thick "where does it come from, where's it sourced"
    Grrrrr>:(

and the one who says, " so tendaah">:(
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Have I just heard the GnR classic Welcome to the Jungle bastardised by another twee slow cover version :eek: :mad:
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    The middle class snobs sitting in a restaurant patronising Lidl, and how they are surprised at getting change >:(>:(>:(

Yes it really is a horrible advert.
  • MiniMort2MiniMort2 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Was it Skol?
    Nope, Heiniken. I remember an advert for them with someone dialing a phone and it fails, next comercial, dials again- no answer, next comercial, calls again- and other end says only hieniken can do this. Do what I dont know but it was a good ad
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dislike the ad featuring the guy in tight denim shorts strutting down the street t. think ad is moneysupermaket. He seems like a nice guy, saw him on This Morning. Its just the ad I don't like
  • dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to pop over here from a different thread to express my extreme dislike for the new aldi ad I've just had to endure -_-
This discussion has been closed.