• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its The Pub Landlord :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Ammonite sounds like something you'd get from B&Q. 'I need a pack of 1" screws, 3 feet of 2x2 and a large tin of Ammonite.'

It does! In fact it's named after the fossils as it's just up the road from the Jurassic coast. I stay there when I am visiting Lyme Regis.

If you watch the Hotel inspector, this is the second week running, in the new series, that the people have previously appeared on 4 in a bed. Both of the men a bit unpopular! I haven't watched it yet so I don't know if she works wonders on the Dutchman.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member
    Raj is on a repeat of 4inabed on 4seven now, for those who haven't seen him already and those who want a 2nd dose!
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Raj is on a repeat of 4inabed on 4seven now, for those who haven't seen him already and those who want a 2nd dose!

Watched that again on C4 this morning. He was absolutely vile, definitely one of the worst ever.
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Its The Pub Landlord :D
    I was just thinking that:D, and caveman reminds me of Stephen Callow.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Caveman is very generous with his payments, seems like a nice bloke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The worst couple wins again, with their sneaky little underpayments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Watched that again on C4 this morning. He was absolutely vile, definitely one of the worst ever.
    I would like to have known what he'd paid everybody though. We were cheated of that last day around the table - it could have been quite explosive!
    2shy2007 wrote: »

Call me cynical, but he probably thought he had no chance of winning and his place was going to get slated - over paying everyone was a good card to play to come out of it not smelling of doo-doo. ;-)
    Strange that the feedback on TA for his place is either very good or very bad. :confused:
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually thought he was the only honest person on there with his girlfriend. Just because he runs a haphazard B&B thats up to him, he must get guests its up to him how he keeps his place. BUT at least he was honest and he did pay properly.

I thought the other underpayments the reasons were ridiculous not so much on his gaff but the other places.

Its all getting silly now. I just watch it but not sure why I do lol......I mean how can you put cavemans (Bobs) place up against other B&B his place was bound to be slaughtered....the end was obvious....well for him anyway.

BUT if you look on his reviews his place does look as though its been tidied up. So perhaps he did learn something after all...he has been going on reviews since 2010.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I can't help but wonder how some of the under payers feel at the end of their week when a known game player wins.... Do any of them think - if only I hadn't deducted so much.......

Gay or could have given the Ammonite the win if she had only paid a few pounds more
  • Options
    HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this week repeats again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is this new?? I dont recognise any of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ew, insipid bacon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pointless activity, kettle time ;)
  • Options
    HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Repeat. I remember the man in glasses. If I remember correctly he wasn't of the nice kind.
  • Options
    OndineOndine Posts: 3,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Radio Times says it's a repeat. I don't recognise any of them but my memory is really bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh well, it FEELS like a new week :D I must have missed this lot first time round, yay!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldnt like an order form, how do you know what you might fancy the next day?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tonights place a bit 'meh' then, yet they would all stay again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ondine wrote: »
    Radio Times says it's a repeat. I don't recognise any of them but my memory is really bad.

I remember the woman with the short grey hair, but can'r remember anything else. I laughed about the bacon - the complainer said he didn't like the bacon because it was smoked and the one who cooked it said it wasn't smoked. :D
    I only liked the decor in one room, the one with teal green wall, I thought that was a lovely colour, but hated the 'diarrheoa' green of the frilly cushions on a bed in another room - i would have hidden them under the bed! And another room had two walls with an overwhelming pink flower pattern combined with glaringly red throws on the bed - that would have given me a migraine. :o
    I don't think you can beat simplicity and calming colours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, it FEELS like a new week :D I must have missed this lot first time round, yay!

I take it is another repeat lol, i havent seen them before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    I remember the woman with the short grey hair, but can'r remember anything else. I laughed about the bacon - the complainer said he didn't like the bacon because it was smoked and the one who cooked it said it wasn't smoked. :D

LOL i thought it was priceless i hope it comes UP on Friday lol. When i worked in restaurant we often had weird complaints which simply were not true.

As to the lady moaning about the smoked salmon and scrambled egg. Since when do you ruin smoked salmon by heating it up i cant think of anything worse. She even moaned there was too much egg, cant you please these people, so nick picking it gets on me uppers.

You cook the scrambled egg and place the salmon on top to cook it would be to ruin it The only thing i would have done differently is put some lemon wedges on the plate as well.

They are game players and i hope they fall flat on their butts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    LOL i thought it was priceless i hope it comes UP on Friday lol. When i worked in restaurant we often had weird complaints which simply were not true.

As to the lady moaning about the smoked salmon and scrambled egg. Since when do you ruin smoked salmon by heating it up i cant think of anything worse. She even moaned there was too much egg, cant you please these people, so nick picking it gets on me uppers.

You cook the scrambled egg and place the salmon on top to cook it would be to ruin it The only thing i would have done differently is put some lemon wedges on the plate as well.

They are game players and i hope they fall flat on their butts.

Maybe we should compile a list of most trivial complaints!
    I'm kicking off with "water marks on top of shower head". I think of that whenever I use my shower, which has a very large shiny chrome shower head. it does look nice when it is buffed up, but it doesn't seem to stay that way for very long.

Agree about the salmon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Todays place is very basic and very tired looking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Look at that filthy frying pan!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.